Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

End of lockdown and back to the pub memes

I'm unlucky as I will get to miss 2 birthdays thanks to this (fuck you, Covid), was hoping to be able to at least go to pub garden for a socially distanced pint on my 50th but no such luck. Might go the park with a bottle of wine if it isn't raining though.

I think as soon as pub gardens open I will be wanting to sit outside and have a nice pint, we don't even go to pubs that often due to cost, but it is something we have missed doing while they have been closed. Although of course hopefully when they reopen OH will be back at his regular part time job - initially probably in a pub but he may be back to the nightclub in June - fingers crossed that lockdown and vaccinations will mean it is possible to get back to some semblance of normality come summer (please please please, so depressed at this point).

I'm unlucky as I will get to miss 2 birthdays thanks to this (fuck you, Covid), was hoping to be able to at least go to pub garden for a socially distanced pint on my 50th but no such luck. Might go the park with a bottle of wine if it isn't raining though.

I think as soon as pub gardens open I will be wanting to sit outside and have a nice pint, we don't even go to pubs that often due to cost, but it is something we have missed doing while they have been closed. Although of course hopefully when they reopen OH will be back at his regular part time job - initially probably in a pub but he may be back to the nightclub in June - fingers crossed that lockdown and vaccinations will mean it is possible to get back to some semblance of normality come summer (please please please, so depressed at this point).

We're so nearly there Epona, hold tight and soon enough all this crap will be but an unpleasant memory.

Sending hugs from another member of the 'missed two birthdays' club.

BigMoaner said:
the idea of whiling away a few hours in a cafe getting wrecked on coffee seems idealistic.

I've missed cafes so much. Just sitting there with a coffee, pain au raisin treat and my little Chromebook...

Very much this! :cool:

Well maybe not the Chromebook :confused: :D -- old-style newspapers for me!
Or the snacky treats thing so much -- it's all about the coffee! :)

And our tradition of the Saturday veggie breakfast in the cafe is hugely missed :(

Will cafes count as 'non-essential'** shops, in the re-opening schedules? That is, will they re-open ahead of pubs?

**Wrong!! ;)

I'm with you Epona! I turn 50 mid April. Second "missed" birthday. And certainly not how I imagined my 50th birthday would be.

Despite being a staunch republican I think, like the queen, I'll have a second, official birthday, later in the year.

I don't tend to go to the pub as an end in itself much, but I like to have them there on a country walk or other day out, so I'm looking forward to that being an option.

For us, and for many in our acquaintance, when setting off on a country (or town) walk, ending up in the pub is NOT an option!! ;) :p :beer: :thumbs:

TBF, nobody is going to have seen bluebells or wild garlic for the last nine months or so, lockdown or not :)

There's some every year alongside the Clyne Valley path, Swansea, which is within walking distance of our house, thankfully :)

ETA : and that's on the way to one of Swansea's best pubs too ... I wonder why I know the above, then ..... :p

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom