• September

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • October

Votes: 6 7.1%
  • November

Votes: 15 17.6%
  • December

Votes: 5 5.9%
  • 24 December after spending December telling everyone to be careful in order to 'Save Christmas'

Votes: 11 12.9%
  • Never, they're just determined to kill old and ill people

Votes: 13 15.3%
  • They won't need to as everything will just sort itself out and be just fine

Votes: 5 5.9%
  • They won't lock down again but they'll just reintroduce mask mandate or tighten up isolation again

Votes: 19 22.4%
  • Fish

Votes: 11 12.9%

• Total voters
I think right now it's the worst possible worlds tbh. 'There's definitely not gonna be a lockdown;) er...probably!'

No locking down before Winterval.

Majority of the country will be visiting relatives and friend's. Out in the pubs and clubs until lockdown late December.

Lockdown will kick in when everyone is skint, working from home and no longer visiting family.

Boris_horse_bolted.jpg

So the positives are?

I guess they can't really pull in a total no-mixing lockdown now because presumably huge numbers of people will be staying at family homes and have train or plane tickets for later next week, I think you'd have to give it until at least 3rd Jan for lots of people GTFO from where they'll be staying at Christmas :confused:

I don't think there will be any further restrictions.

Unless the situation wrt hospitals changes a great deal.

Half of eight is still considerably more than all of two.
Yes, that is true. We will be able to see the hospital admissions as they happen.

But so far I don't think they have been too alarming.

Also Johnson doesn't want to recall MPs to parliament to discuss new measures and to prompt another rebellion in his party which might be one step closer to someone making a challenge.

I could well be wrong though.

Yes, that is true. We will be able to see the hospital admissions as they happen.

But so far I don't think they have been too alarming.

Also Johnson doesn't want to recall MPs to parliament to discuss new measures and to prompt another rebellion in his party which might be one step closer to someone making a challenge.

I could well be wrong though.

Exactly. He's following the politics , not the science

Probably old news, but most of the reporting seems to be pushing the idea of some kind of 'stage 2' measures, starting either 28th Dec or 1st Jan, and either for 2-4 week or until end March.

I think he'll struggle to pass anything by his party that's longer than a few weeks tbh.

I'll be absolutely amazed NYE goes ahead as normal.

Yeah, although he'll be under pressure for a short as possible period, so maybe he might try from the 1st for 2 weeks....? Imagine they'll be an announcement/press briefing tomorrow eve?

Probably old news, but most of the reporting seems to be pushing the idea of some kind of 'stage 2' measures, starting either 28th Dec or 1st Jan, and either for 2-4 week or until end March.

I think he'll struggle to pass anything by his party that's longer than a few weeks tbh.

Yeah I think that is old news - I'm not convinced that journalists have kept their finger on the pulse of what's likely to happen, given Christmas and everyone being away from Westminster.

Yeah I think that is old news - I'm not convinced that journalists have kept their finger on the pulse of what's likely to happen, given Christmas and everyone being away from Westminster.
Yes there was a large bunch of SAGE papers released just before Christmas but the media seem to have fixated on things like the Warwick modelling that looked at stage 1 and 2 restrictions despite the fact that modelling was already published a fair bit earlier than those final pre-Christmas documents. It did get mentioned explicitly in some of the latest minutes releases though, which is probably why journalists only noticed in much more recently.

Another thing thats clear from the most recent SAGE documents is that the question of shielding for the vulnerable and older age groups came up again, I assume it may have been put back on the agenda due to the possibility that some politicians have resorted to clutching at those straws.

SAGE documents also mention how various data including hospital data will be of lower quality over the Christmas period, suggesting that waiting for a better sense of reality over this period before making decisions is somewhat futile. They keep underlining the need to act quickly, as usual, and describe some scenarios where waiting for a firmer sense of severity etc will make actions much too late to avoid very bad pressure on hospitals.

They are just saying what makes people buy papers as per...

Clearly not going to be any news tonight, which I'm pleased about as we are going to Cambridge to see mates we haven't even seen since long before COVID. Providing LTFs are clear in the morning, of course.

Clearly not going to be any news tonight, which I'm pleased about as we are going to Cambridge to see mates we haven't even seen since long before COVID. Providing LTFs are clear in the morning, of course.
I'm seeing several people fall foul of using lfts to allow them to do something, rather than to prevent them from doing something they would otherwise have to. Lfts negative before everyone goes to a thing, then several testing positive after it. :(

Less than definite results + the odd Fib + a few not properly done.....yea there are always going to be fuck ups

I'm seeing several people fall foul of using lfts to allow them to do something, rather than to prevent them from doing something they would otherwise have to. Lfts negative before everyone goes to a thing, then several testing positive after it. :(
I know it's not a panacea, but we have been spreading out seeing people or being indoors at anything so hoping that lowers the chance of any issues.

I’ve been putting my blind faith in LFTs this Christmas period. All the adults have done them but can’t do much about the young kids. Hopefully I’ll get away with this approach, last interaction is Tuesday

Back
Top Bottom