• September

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • October

Votes: 6 7.1%
  • November

Votes: 15 17.6%
  • December

Votes: 5 5.9%
  • 24 December after spending December telling everyone to be careful in order to 'Save Christmas'

Votes: 11 12.9%
  • Never, they're just determined to kill old and ill people

Votes: 13 15.3%
  • They won't need to as everything will just sort itself out and be just fine

Votes: 5 5.9%
  • They won't lock down again but they'll just reintroduce mask mandate or tighten up isolation again

Votes: 19 22.4%
  • Fish

Votes: 11 12.9%

• Total voters
Well, it can't be 27 Dec, because Wales got that one, and there is no way in a million years that Johnson is going to want to appear to be copying Wales...
Funnily enough, I was just about to repost to say I’ve changed my mind…27th because I’ve just been reading bbc news and the London mayor has/wants to? declare a major incident because of sever staff shortages because of covid.

I think it should be before NYE, maybe from first thing on the 28th to give people a chance to travel back on the 27th, but I expect that won't be very popular with many, and wouldn't surprise me if it's January 1st. Can imagine the decision on the date will be a tricky balance tbh.

Hasn't the government committed to recalling parliament before any new restrictions come in?

I would be surprised if that happens next week, and even more surprised if it happens between Xmas & NY.

underestimated depiffle's level of criminal kow-towing to the way money/profit talks.

The boosters "might" have, more or less, coped with the Delta wave in terms of decreasing deaths - but the lack of non-medical interventions [such as mask wearing & social distancing] has not significantly & persistently reduced the number of cases.

Add to that picture the tsumani of omicron cases, and the UK is up 5h1te creek without even a canoe, never mind a paddle.

Plan B is woefully inadequate to cope in the current situation; not in winter and with the upcoming seasonal festivities ...
Sadly, I don't think the vaccines [booster target], wfh & limited mask mandates will make much difference overall.
It might work on reducing the underlying Delta and reduce the severity of illness from omicron, but plan B ain't the magic bullet. Even with many people voluntarily modifying their behaviour, it will not be enough.

Something much, much stronger is needed.
And very quickly implemented.

But I expect them to wait ... probably until after NYE

underestimated depiffle's level of criminal kow-towing to the way money/profit talks.

The boosters "might" have, more or less, coped with the Delta wave in terms of decreasing deaths - but the lack of non-medical interventions [such as mask wearing & social distancing] has not significantly & persistently reduced the number of cases.

Add to that picture the tsumani of omicron cases, and the UK is up 5h1te creek without even a canoe, never mind a paddle.

Plan B is woefully inadequate to cope in the current situation; not in winter and with the upcoming seasonal festivities ...
Sadly, I don't think the vaccines [booster target], wfh & limited mask mandates will make much difference overall.
It might work on reducing the underlying Delta and reduce the severity of illness from omicron, but plan B ain't the magic bullet. Even with many people voluntarily modifying their behaviour, it will not be enough.

Yep, January is traditionally quiet for the hospitality industries and discretionary shopping, plus there's dry January.
So they might do a "circuit breaker" then.

It's every man (and woman, and child) for himself (herself, etc), isn't it? :(

And, of course, this filthy government will take the credit for such improvements as are achieved by a majority of the populace going above and beyond, while they sneer at us and party.

I think it should be before NYE, maybe from first thing on the 28th to give people a chance to travel back on the 27th, but I expect that won't be very popular with many, and wouldn't surprise me if it's January 1st. Can imagine the decision on the date will be a tricky balance tbh.

Utter chaos if everyone who is away from home has to travel back on that same day.

But then chaos is guaranteed when you leave all these decisions to the last fucking minute.

Reactions: LDC
I am looking on in utter bemusement (with added horror), yet again ...

Despite the urging of the scientists, it is going to be business as usual, isn't it ?
With the emphasis on business ...
Until the NHS is creaking, cracking and bits are falling off.
[what's the betting that the nightingales are re-established]

It'll be too little, too late, again
#worldbeating

I've changing, I think we might get them Monday or Tuesday. Things have shifted quickly last 24 hours.

I've changing, I think we might get them Monday or Tuesday. Things have shifted quickly last 24 hours.
Agree, in the space of an afternoon, I’ve gone from saying 1st Jan, 27th Dec and now I think it’ll be before Christmas and if I carry on reading about empty pubs, play groups closing I’ll be changing mind to “within the hour”

Reactions: LDC
I am looking on in utter bemusement (with added horror), yet again ...

Despite the urging of the scientists, it is going to be business as usual, isn't it ?
With the emphasis on business ...
Until the NHS is creaking, cracking and bits are falling off.
[what's the betting that the nightingales are re-established]

It'll be too little, too late, again
#worldbeating
I think they still have nightingale courts

I'm probably in the minority opinion now but I still think that there won't be one (which probably guarantees there will with my record as a prophet). Witty and his ilk may advise on the basis of science our but our Glorious Leader will be worried about the effect on businesses and jobs plus more importantly the political fallout for his Govt and himself. OK we've all figured out by now he's not the brightest bulb in the set but he does have a strong political self-preservation instinct and I don't think a man who realises he has an image problem and heads a party who are muttering about him behind his back wants to make himself look more unpopular by being the PM who couldn't save Xmas twice in a row.
I think he's pinning his hope on an uptake in vaccines, the schools and factories closing for Xmas plus enough people realising he's a dick and imposing restrictions on themselves anyway to provide a big enough fire break to not make a compulsory lockdown as necessary as perhaps it should be.

They already dithered and the time to take action to reduce the risk of chaos was some time ago. Now its more about reducing the potential number of hospitalisations and deaths, and plenty of that is already baked into the current situation.

From a purely physical viewpoint she (PP) is actually quite attractive, (but then Lucretia Borgia was supposed to be something of a hottie as well) but definitely ruthless and self-serving. Just because someone is pretty doesn't mean they're a nice person that's basically relationship rule number 1.
As for lockdown, I don't think there will be another one no matter how things get for the very simple reason that if there is, it's an admission that vaccination isn't good enough and if vaccinations aren't good enough then there is no other exit strategy and we will have to keep having restrictions every winter possibly forever. The public simply won't stand for it never mind the Govt.
There might be some short localised restrictions and international travel is going to be bolloxed for the next couple of years yet but national lockdowns I just can't see that at all.
yes she's physically attractive/hot, definitely. until she opens her mouth. hot but i wouldn't like to be in teh same room as her.

but yes, she's a head turner physically, for me anyway

Back
Top Bottom