Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Will you continue using a face mask after 19 July?

Will you continue to use a mask in certain situations after 19 July?

• Yes

Votes: 213 88.4%
  • No

Votes: 14 5.8%
  • Maybe

Votes: 11 4.6%
  • Don't know

Votes: 3 1.2%

• Total voters
I am still wearing a mask, in the shops and when I am close to people at work, although others at work are wearing them less or not at all now.

We had the strange thing recently, Two people tested positive on lateral flow but negative on PCR. That isn't how it was supposed to work I thought. Confusing.

It was rough so solidarity mate.
btw have you or your beautiful nightmare's mum ever checked to see if you have it? there does seem to be a strong genetic link. On reflection, I reckon my dad has the inattentive part and my mum had the hyperactive part, so I was blessed with both. Often one or both parents have it too. Many get diagnosed these days after their children encounter similar difficulties at school. Though I will qualify this with admitting that when you're recently diagnosed you can end up seeing it everywhere in anyone.

btw have you or your beautiful nightmare's mum ever checked to see if you have it? there does seem to be a strong genetic link. On reflection, I reckon my dad has the inattentive part and my mum had the hyperactive part, so I was blessed with both. Often one or both parents have it too. Many get diagnosed these days after their children encounter similar difficulties at school. Though I will qualify this with admitting that when you're recently diagnosed you can end up seeing it everywhere in anyone.

She definitely does. Impulsive to the point of not being able to sit down. She decorates twice a year. Very up and down.
Do I have it? Dunno. I was loud but also day dreamer. Not sure that hits the targets.

I'm quite happy and prepared to continue wearing a mask in shops and public transport for ever on the off chance that I may be protecting others.
I dont think wearing one is a big deal at all and I don't give a shit if others are wearing them or not.
I'm getting a bit fed up with fuckmuppets on my local high st telling me I don't need to wear a mask. One particularly thick cunt, when I said I wear it because I've got chronic kidney disease, & non-alcoholic cirrhosis of the liver, plus diabetes, said "but if covid's real, it won't affect your liver or kidneys anyway!". You can't cure stupid!

We've been toying with the idea of leaving the rainy fascist island for a while now & if anything tips me over the edge it's going to be mask politics.

It's just so fucking infantile, for lack of a better word, to be unable to get used to a mild inconvenience in order to protect others. The scary thing is how widespread the misunderstanding seems to be that everyday mask wearing (at least with cloth or surgical masks) is about protecting the wearer rather than the wearer protecting others.
Just don't move to New Zealand, mate. Basically a PAIR of rainy fascist islands.

We've been toying with the idea of leaving the rainy fascist island for a while now & if anything tips me over the edge it's going to be mask politics.

It's just so fucking infantile, for lack of a better word, to be unable to get used to a mild inconvenience in order to protect others. The scary thing is how widespread the misunderstanding seems to be that everyday mask wearing (at least with cloth or surgical masks) is about protecting the wearer rather than the wearer protecting others.

Where are you thinking of going to? England is sadly very much not unusual in its mask politics stuff - think it's actually better than some places.

similarly been wishing I lived in a country where there was a culture of wearing masks as a preventative for spreading diseases.

I forgot to put my mask on when I went to Aldi earlier. Was half way round before I realised. First time I've been in a supermarket without one since the first lockdown. Hope I don't get Covid and die.

In second train of the morning, first train not a mask in sight, not even the guard and SWR has changed their advice to wear one of it is busy. Now on a GWR service and the guard and around 20% of passengers wearing masks, announcements asking you to wear one, full stop. Bloke two rows up with no mask is having a nice little morning coughing fit. I have the arse-end of a nasty cold, it ain’t just Covid, wear a mask is going some way to stopping giving everyone all my lurgies.

Aldi late Saturday morning appears to be a mask-free time slot - and quite a few culprits with very obvious co-morbidities :(
I was forced to go because I'd accidentally a whole tub of peanut butter outside of the prescribed slot ...
I also inevitably bought nuts so it's unlikely to go well ...

In other news the nose clip has failed for the first time in one of the three FFP2 masks I've been rotating and carrying in my pocket.

In second train of the morning, first train not a mask in sight, not even the guard and SWR has changed their advice to wear one of it is busy. Now on a GWR service and the guard and around 20% of passengers wearing masks, announcements asking you to wear one, full stop. Bloke two rows up with no mask is having a nice little morning coughing fit. I have the arse-end of a nasty cold, it ain’t just Covid, wear a mask is going some way to stopping giving everyone all my lurgies.
You're so considerate about this, it's hard to believe you drive a cuntmobile! :p

Back
Top Bottom