Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Will you continue using a face mask after 19 July?

Will you continue to use a mask in certain situations after 19 July?

• Yes

Votes: 213 88.4%
  • No

Votes: 14 5.8%
  • Maybe

Votes: 11 4.6%
  • Don't know

Votes: 3 1.2%

• Total voters
I forget i’m wearing mine and leave it on when i’ve left shops n that. sometimes don’t realise i haven’t taken it off when i get to my apartment block and look for my mask to put on until i get to my flat door

I'm a bit pissed off at just having come down with my first mystery something since spring last year. I guess it was bound to happen sometime...
BUT I do feel resentful because I still have greatly reduced personal contacts, have still not been in an indoor pub/restaurant/theatre whatever, so can only imagine I picked it up in my retail job. Mask wearing, as encouraged by the company, started off really high, but is now down to about 50% among customers, and what's worse is the amount of customers who think nothing of coming in for a leisurely browse while having a streaming 'cold' and still don't wear a mask! Argh!

Still wearing a mask, carrying sanitiser and staying away from shops.

Last might I realised that I can count my shop visits since this began on two hands. I even use a petrol station where you can pay at the pump, applying sanitiser after doing so.

I'll probably get grief for this but in short, as of Friday, I've given up wearing masks in shops. Practically no one else is. Transport, taxis, sure, will and have continued, no problem.

But with cases unlikely to go much lower for the foreseeable, I've arrived at, well if I don't stop wearing one now, when will I. It's only a face covering type I've got and yes could protect other people if I'm asymptomatic but when does that line of thinking end. Next year, 2 years down the line, never...
I'm quite happy and prepared to continue wearing a mask in shops and public transport for ever on the off chance that I may be protecting others.
I dont think wearing one is a big deal at all and I don't give a shit if others are wearing them or not.

Tesco this morning was probably 70 percent unmasked ...
There must surely be thousands of people repeatedly catching and spreading virus in their upper-repiratory tract - just waiting for their immunity to fail ...

I'm quite happy and prepared to continue wearing a mask in shops and public transport for ever on the off chance that I may be protecting others.
I dont think wearing one is a big deal at all and I don't give a shit if others are wearing them or not.

IIRC mask wearing in public places in Japan has been a thing for a long time.

We've been toying with the idea of leaving the rainy fascist island for a while now & if anything tips me over the edge it's going to be mask politics.

It's just so fucking infantile, for lack of a better word, to be unable to get used to a mild inconvenience in order to protect others. The scary thing is how widespread the misunderstanding seems to be that everyday mask wearing (at least with cloth or surgical masks) is about protecting the wearer rather than the wearer protecting others.

We've been toying with the idea of leaving the rainy fascist island for a while now & if anything tips me over the edge it's going to be mask politics.

It's just so fucking infantile, for lack of a better word, to be unable to get used to a mild inconvenience in order to protect others. The scary thing is how widespread the misunderstanding seems to be that everyday mask wearing (at least with cloth or surgical masks) is about protecting the wearer rather than the wearer protecting others.
This is how humanity will end. Convincing ourselves that, just because we desire that a certain thing be so, it will.

I was so desperate to get some fresh air today that I forgot my mask in the rush to get out. So I had to do Boots and Sainsbury’s maskless, with my t- shirt over my nose. Not effective and now the t-shirt is unwearable. :facepalm: It seemed that there weren’t many masked folk in public when I had the mask on earlier this week, but today when I was didn’t have one, EVERYONE ELSE was wearing a mask, including two dogs.

I was so desperate to get some fresh air today that I forgot my mask in the rush to get out. So I had to do Boots and Sainsbury’s maskless, with my t- shirt over my nose. Not effective and now the t-shirt is unwearable. :facepalm: It seemed that there weren’t many masked folk in public when I had the mask on earlier this week, but today when I was didn’t have one, EVERYONE ELSE was wearing a mask, including two dogs.

You need to wear polo t-shirts. They don’t stretch.

Masks are still mandatory in Scotland, however, there seems to be a dropping level of compliance.

Back
Top Bottom