Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Have you had your booster jab (jag) ?

Have you ? Please change votes when you do ...

• Not yet

Votes: 27 9.5%
  • Yes - Pfizer

Votes: 169 59.7%
  • Yes - Moderna

Votes: 78 27.6%
  • Yes - Oxford / Astra Zenicac

Votes: 4 1.4%
  • Yes - other vaccine

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not having one

Votes: 5 1.8%
  • comedy option ...

Votes: 4 1.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Arm a wee bit achy today but no other side effects. I woke up feeling headachy but I think because I'm on antibiotics and not drinking my fluid intake in the evenings is not what it should be.

I googled this morning, cos not having had anything other than a bit of a sore arm and feeling tired, I wondered ,is this normal, is it working. Apparently it's OK. Just in case anyone else has got away with no side effects and was worried.

I googled this morning, cos not having had anything other than a bit of a sore arm and feeling tired, I wondered ,is this normal, is it working. Apparently it's OK. Just in case anyone else has got away with no side effects and was worried.
Both my jab 2 (AZ) and yesterday's booster (Pfizer) have had only an achy arm as side effects

The single O has been a feature of the booster campaign official graphics since they ramped that stuff up - it was on the disgusting podium graphic in the press conference and someone made a joke about hula hoops.

As for adverts that come first before the real front page, they arent a brand new thing but it is indeed a spectacle to see multiple newspapers featuring the same one at the same time.

Never had any AZ or flu jab side effects.

Had pfizer booster yesterday and no side effects either yet. (If it was going to happen i think it would have started by now).

Never worried about it as i assummed no side effects was the "norm" for most people?

Got our boosters done today, so I should be at maximum immunity in time to go back to work on the 4th.

We went to a little community hospital instead of the mass jabbing centre. In and out in under 5 minutes.

Finally got booster with my third dose of Pfizer today. No effects yet and if it’s like the previous two doses it’ll just be a slight sore arm tomorrow.

Feels really good to get a top up of protection with omicron getting a head of steam up.

i'm feeling shitty today (day after pfizer), very achey and its like gravity has doubled. cant even face taking the bin out. Had no reaction at all to last jab, second AZ.
I had az first and second and they both took their toll, and the moderna booster I had on Friday kicked my arse for a few days. Hopefully it'll prevent me having a few weeks of the same.

Had booster saturday afternoon, was a bit crap sunday, worse today. got up and felt bloody awful (including slightly dizzy) - phoned work about 9-ish and said i wasn't even going to try and wfh, went back to bed for a couple of hours, woke up 3.30 pm.

feel a bit better now and did manage to stagger to sainsburys and back.

Had booster saturday afternoon, was a bit crap sunday, worse today. got up and felt bloody awful (including slightly dizzy) - phoned work about 9-ish and said i wasn't even going to try and wfh, went back to bed for a couple of hours, woke up 3.30 pm.

feel a bit better now and did manage to stagger to sainsburys and back.
solidarity like.

I had az first and second and they both took their toll, and the moderna booster I had on Friday kicked my arse for a few days. Hopefully it'll prevent me having a few weeks of the same.
Snap!! Exactly the same. My bones and joints ached, slept 15 hours, sweats and shivers, horrid.

Got boosted with Moderna this morning at the big vaccine centre in town. All very efficient and I was in and out in 10 minutes (it was appointments only I think).

The 15 minute wait was optional. They just said don't drive straight away, so I went for a walk around town instead.

Moderna at lunchtime today - longish queue at small local centre set up in unused shopfront of chemist down the road, but moved very fast as they had 3 vax stations set up in there. Husband had nothing but sore arm from same with his booster last week, having been a bit flu-y for 24 hours after 1st and fine after 2nd. I had very sore arm from first and a bit tired but nothing else, very slightly sore arm 2nd, so we'll know by tomorrow morning I guess if it's anything.

Teenager has been booked in for 2nd mid January - no places left in our borough but one very close to my parents' so going there and hopefully we can stop by after.

Never had any AZ or flu jab side effects.

Had pfizer booster yesterday and no side effects either yet. (If it was going to happen i think it would have started by now).

Never worried about it as i assummed no side effects was the "norm" for most people?

I think around half of people get some side effects, more common with women. Had nothing with first 2 Pfizer jabs or this Moderna. Been quite tired but possibly / probably not related as not sleeping great anyway.

I had my booster yesterday (Pfizer). Feeling crappy this evening. Coughing and feel chesty like when I have a cold, sore throat. not sure if this common, I didn’t feel like this after the other two vaccines. I’m wondering if I’m getting a cold of my toddler. Negative lateral flow test but I’ve booked a pcr.

My arm still hurts but otherwise no particular physical symptoms apart from tiredness (I'm always tired though... anaemia). I have been absurdly close to tears for a couple of days though, and I'm not sure if that's coincidence or not :confused: just really overwhelmed feeling.

Got boosted with Moderna this morning at the big vaccine centre in town. All very efficient and I was in and out in 10 minutes (it was appointments only I think).

The 15 minute wait was optional. They just said don't drive straight away, so I went for a walk around town instead.
Any bargains in town?

I received a letter from Sheffield Teaching Hospitals yesterday informing me that I now need to attend a vaccination centre for a fourth and second booster injection.
This is due to me being immunosuppressed and I will be contacted again very shortly to make an appointment as my GP has also been informed. I had my first booster at the end of September.
Thankfully I am already fairly isolated as I have been avoiding going out as much as possible especially the last few weeks thanks to the increase in further variants.

Finally got booster with my third dose of Pfizer today. No effects yet and if it’s like the previous two doses it’ll just be a slight sore arm tomorrow.

Feels really good to get a top up of protection with omicron getting a head of steam up.
Update - pretty much as expected. Sore arm appeared during the night after my 5pm booster appointment. Nothing bad, just if you laid on that side and pressed on it you’d feel it. Had this all day yesterday with verrry slight gravelly throat feeling, but this morning I’m 100% back to normal and can only feel the injection site on the arm if I press it.

All very standard and mild and I’m only going into detail in case anyone reading is hesitant / fearful over side effects.

Last edited:
in the before times i started a little collection of official government warning materials - in case of nuclear blast etc. they seemed quaint and amusing at the time. came to mind when i was stood in the queue for my booster at the repurposed community centre earlier. how much official signage i could have amassed if i still had the appetite for it :/

Still not feeling right since the booster. Went for a PCR earlier in case I've actually picked up the 'rona. Picked up daughter and her boyfriend from the station last night. On the way home: "he had a really high fever the other day, bit he feels better now. We did a lateral flow and it showed nothing" :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom