Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Have you had your booster jab (jag) ?

Have you ? Please change votes when you do ...

• Not yet

Votes: 27 9.5%
  • Yes - Pfizer

Votes: 169 59.7%
  • Yes - Moderna

Votes: 78 27.6%
  • Yes - Oxford / Astra Zenicac

Votes: 4 1.4%
  • Yes - other vaccine

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not having one

Votes: 5 1.8%
  • comedy option ...

Votes: 4 1.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I explained that I can’t stand for very long due to chronic pain, and that I didn’t want to skip the queue but was there somewhere I could sit to wait. I was told there wasn’t. I said what if I came back first thing in the morning. They said they were only seeing people who had appointments so I would probably not be seen.

The effects of the queuing alone is going to knock me out for days. That’s without any side effects.

I’m unhappy about these arrangements. I don’t blame the people who were there, but I don’t understand why there was no provision for people who couldn’t stand.
Sorry to hear that Danny, that sounds shit. :(

Was this a vaccine centre or a smaller venue? The vaccine centre I used (Elland Road) had some seating and was very smooth.

Sorry to hear that danny la rouge - they should have made provision for people who can't stand in queues for ages. :(
They really should. It wasn’t just me, there were others clearly suffering. Including a man with, I guess, autism who decided he’d had enough and ran through the snaking queue to the front like that scene when Shrek gets to Duloc, chased by a carer shouting “Keiron, we just have to wait!”

I nearly made a break for it with Kieron.

The boss has started to demand we all take tests once a week, the one where someone sticks a cotton bud up your nose and tries to poke your brains out with it. Apparently I don't have Covid so the vaccinations must be working.
This place is full of nutters who reckon they're being oppressed and keep arguing about it.

Surprised that you're only just being asked to do that now, OH works in a factory and everyone who works there has to submit LFT results twice a week on Mondays and Thursdays, they've been doing that pretty much since at home testing kits became available.

They really should. It wasn’t just me, there were others clearly suffering. Including a man with, I guess, autism who decided he’d had enough and ran through the snaking queue to the front like that scene when Shrek gets to Duloc, chased by a carer shouting “Keiron, we just have to wait!”

I nearly made a break for it with Kieron.
In Bournemouth we have a 'sensory' room painted in calming colours for the likes of Kieron and people with needle phobias.

They don't, they have some in East Sussex for 1st & 2nd jabs, but not boosters, and none whatsoever in West Sussex.
Brighton definitely were doing boosters - when I got mine they said most of their walk-ins had been people coming for boosters. There's been massive queues outside in the last couple of weeks though, so maybe they've changed it for some reason to do with that.

I'm still enjoying the juxtaposition of the massive Topshop ads that are still up outside next to all the NHS vaccination centre signage, every time I walk past :D

I'm not intimidated by cancel culture's attempts to re-write reality, variety of cultures is what makes the world interesting. if you want to deny that all cultures have aspects that might be viewed in negative terms, that's you right of course. I'm a realist not a racist I think you know where you can stuff your accusation
Cancel culture :hmm:

Surprised that you're only just being asked to do that now, OH works in a factory and everyone who works there has to submit LFT results twice a week on Mondays and Thursdays, they've been doing that pretty much since at home testing kits became available.
I work in a big warehouse and most of us don't see the public. We've had to do it on a Monday for about a month maybe two, there is a woman comes in and does it. She wears a nurses uniform so I guess she is from somewhere like BUPA or whatever. Not that I wouldn't put it past my boss to get a member of his family to do it and get her a uniform from the fancy dress shop. I don't know what sort of test we get, it involves her sticking a bud up my nose, twisting it round, sticking it a plastic tube and then squirting the liquid on a white plastic thing. Don't know if that is a PCR or an LFT one, whichever one is cheaper probably.

I work in a big warehouse and most of us don't see the public. We've had to do it on a Monday for about a month maybe two, there is a woman comes in and does it. She wears a nurses uniform so I guess she is from somewhere like BUPA or whatever. Not that I wouldn't put it past my boss to get a member of his family to do it and get her a uniform from the fancy dress shop. I don't know what sort of test we get, it involves her sticking a bud up my nose, twisting it round, sticking it a plastic tube and then squirting the liquid on a white plastic thing. Don't know if that is a PCR or an LFT one, whichever one is cheaper probably.
Deffo a Low Flatulence Test

Just got Moderna at a walk in. Feel fine so far. Had pfizer for original 2. Only waited half an hour or so at a local church. And cancelled my booked appointment, which was going to be next wed.

Lucky I still had the bit of card from earlier. The NHS app was giving me grief about passports and stuff, which it didn't when I just installed it 3 days ago. Got prompted to update it when I looked whilst queuing.

weepiper I had the Moderna and the flu jab on the same day, different arms. I didn't really have any side effects, well the woman who gave me the booster was convinced I would have some and that I should get some paracetamol, I did feel a little odd that evening so I took one and - no worries. :) :(

I've got one booked for Jan 9th, but in light of the prevailing opinions on the news today I've decided to drive to a walk-in centre first thing tomorrow morning and see how long I have to queue to get the booster that way.

After a tiny bit of "nagging" the guy at work who has been trying to book a booster - no 'local' walk-ins at the moment - finally has a time, after work on Tuesday.

On Friday, the youngest lad was also trying to get booked for his second dose.

In Bournemouth we have a 'sensory' room painted in calming colours for the likes of Kieron and people with needle phobias.

As an ex needle-phobe and someone on that spectrum I do feel for people who are having to have multiple jabs in a short period. The anxiety of knowing it is coming is terrible. I don’t know that calming colours would have made a difference to me, but I’m sure there must be some evidence that it helps some people.

Seeing as it this booster is almost certain to not be the last of them, it would be good if some resources or information were easily available to help people deal with the issue.

I had some traumatic experiences as a kid of being held down and being physically forced to look away from what was happening. The remnant of that is that I have to see what is happening and see the needle go in, otherwise it all comes back.

Last edited:
As an ex needle-phobe and someone on that spectrum I do feel for people who are having to have multiple jabs in a short period. The anxiety of knowing it is coming is terrible. I don’t know that calming colours would have made a difference to me, but I’m sure there must be some evidence that it helps some people.

Seeing as it this booster is almost certain to not be the last of them, it would be good if some resources or information were easily available to help people deal with the issue.

I had some traumatic experiences as a kid of being held down and being physically forced to look away from what was happening. The remnant of that is that I have to see what is happening and see the needle go in, otherwise it all comes back.
I don't think the colours make a huge difference either (although the rest of the hospital is a bright shiny shiny white) but hopefully it shows that someone is aware of issues and is trying to help.

Back
Top Bottom