Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

GMB plan move against (Blairites) Progress

Ah, but having one candidate per seat makes it easy to rig who gets on the council. If Labour candidates can stand against each other the voters have more power to say which kind they want

Yes, but harder to dictate when there are more places on the ballot paper. No coincidence that the Tammany Hall types in Scotland were appalled at PR for local government. Before that they could sit on their arses for ever and a day and get back in.

Yes, but harder to dictate when there are more places on the ballot paper. No coincidence that the Tammany Hall types in Scotland were appalled at PR for local government. Before that they could sit on their arses for ever and a day and get back in.
is that an answer to "Who gets to stand you div. This isn't complicated." ? Really?

If Labour need, say, 45 candidates to stand across a borough rather than 15 it stands to reason it's harder to police who stands, no?

If Labour need, say, 45 candidates to stand across a borough rather than 15 it stands to reason it's harder to police who stands, no?
IN fiefdoms they always get 45 - chosen by them. Do you rerally think they'll ever be short in liverpool? No? Then your point is worthless.

well, even if they do, it's easier for an "independent Labour" type to stand a chance than it is now. You'd need 25-30%

I'm saying that a change in the voting system could lead to a wider field of Labour candidates (official or unofficial) for Labour voters to choose between.

There would be less of them!! I don't like many of the resulting coalitions, but there are fewer fiefdoms in Scottish local govt these days.

That is a good question. But it shakes up the kaleidoscope. Left needs to get its act together still.
Hang the fuck on, you earlier damned outcomes such as labour getting fucked up with with the question 'to whose benefit' but for stuff you support? Double clowns shoes.

You're even faking drinking. This confused incoherent crap is you.

It's good to cling to labour because everything else is so scary, apart from in scotland and in england and everywhere.

You don't even notice when you're killing yourself anymore do you? Why not? What made this happen?

Which party?
I love voters as this nice equal body - all going into the booth and on equal terms. You're an idiot.

The point is that the change helped to actually deliver what the electorate had voted for all along. There was some swing between parties (and Labour tended to blame STV for all its losses, far beyond what the system actually cost them - they just weren't popular enough!) but the general effect was a fairer result.

That's not the point. Do you not even recall your own posts? You suggested that the worth the worth of something was to be judged by how it benefits your party in the outcome. I scoffed at this nonsense. Now you offer another basis for evaluating things. You're so inconsistent so two faced, so liarful.

Back
Top Bottom