Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

GMB plan move against (Blairites) Progress

Why the fuck should Blairite nonentities get a free ride to do whatever the fuck they like? People do care about this - they might be well and truly sick of the party by now, but that is still a form of caring what has happened. Can it be turned round? I don't know. The odds aren't good. But there is something there left to fight for, just.

No they don't. I love the idea that hating the labourt party is a default way of caring for a bubble spat. You are so fucking clueless it's not real.

I'm not saying people give a shit whether Progress are in or out. But they do care about what has happened to Labour

Apart from it not being. And really, this is the sort of logic that says our worst ever result only shows how much people care about us. You are a clown. Blown through, seen through.

For as long as voting Labour is the only way to punish the coalition parties, it will matter what happens in terms of Labour's direction.

For as long as voting Labour is the only way to punish the coalition parties, it will matter what happens in terms of Labour's direction.
As long as it happens people like you think bubble spats like this will matter.

I like the suggestion that there is another way but the electorate are letting you down so you then are forced to join labour, argue for others to do the same and thus engage in these bubble spats.

What is you're point though? That you should be the one to decide what others are allowed to talk about? To be able to stamp your feet and throw and shout a lot when topics you deem unworthy are discussed?
Who on earth said that you couldn't have your little bubble spat? Who on earth said that making a political point about it's lack of wider significance could not be met with such wet whining? Knock yourselves out.

The point is whether Labour can be stopped from taking the same trajectory as PASOK, and where former PASOK voters go - to SYRIZA or to New Democracy (or even Golden Dawn).

Yeah he has but I get the feeling if he's put back on there again they'll not be so tolerant of hardcore militants such as Articul8 sharing a party with them this time round.

I suspect they quite like having people like that in their membership. "Look, we've got far left members so we're obviously left wing, we tolerate a diversity of views from the centre left to the far left. Can you imagine the Tories tolerating people like that? Thought not. Proves we're left wing and that."

So long as people like articul8 and the LRC have no power within the party (and that's likely to end only with the death of the party itself) I'd have said it's in the interests of the right to keep them inside.

I think this guy here sums it up quite well.

The GMB are still paying shitloads to the Labour party in affiliation fee's and so on, whilst that remains the case this motion is nothing more than sabre rattling designed to placate the members of that union, who rightly, are wondering why the are funding a party that is so clearly hostile to working people's interest.

Don't worry though there's another big demo in October so that'll keep the comrades happy for a bit.

For sure, it's not as if the GMB is going to walk away from Labour anytime soon. They can puff themselves up and make themselves look big but that's about all they're going to do.

The point is whether Labour can be stopped from taking the same trajectory as PASOK, and where former PASOK voters go - to SYRIZA or to New Democracy (or even Golden Dawn).
Whose point? It's not mine. Nice little throwaway at the end. Real classy. I hope you go PASOK way and soon.

What has stopped the Brit left from creating a Syriza? Voting system (imagine wanting to change that :rolleyes: ), lack of pluralism (pluralist wankers!), etc.etc. Mind you, I assume you think Syriza are middle class left arseholes too? You're waiting for a right-wing takeover to say "I told you so".

I think the record shows different. Unless that means Oh, yes - again.

Oh nice edit when you actually checked back. Rank with you up their arse and them up yours.

The voting system is a problem in this country but AV was never going to be anything like real PR. It was more about feeling good than doing good.

Back
Top Bottom