Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Food Shortages

Velvet-Banana-Peeled_660x330.jpg

I did a small shop this morning. I was looking for some really basic stuff: soup, cereal, oat meal, fruit, and veg. I found the fruit and vegetable section about half stocked. I found that the things that were there were much more expensive. Salad tomatoes were about 25% higher than when I last bought them. There was no celery, mushrooms, or bagged salad. I ended up with a head of cabbage and some roma tomatoes for salad fixings. The cereal section was well stocked, but the prices were pretty high. The last time I bought a box of cereal, I could get them on sale five boxes for $10. A single box would be $2.50 or so. This morning I paid $4.39 for the same size box. Canned soup had gone up a lot too. The only thing I saw that hadn't gone up was bread and potato chips. As usual the paper section was bare.

I haven’t really noticed changes in individual prices, but I did notice when I managed to blow a hundred quid on what looked like a really small amount of groceries.

I haven’t really noticed changes in individual prices, but I did notice when I managed to blow a hundred quid on what looked like a really small amount of groceries.

That was the first thing I noticed so I started to pay attention to individual items and was a bit shocked. I've been poor in the past and I'm beginning to think I'll have to revive the "poor living skills" I used to have.

That was the first thing I noticed so I started to pay attention to individual items and was a bit shocked. I've been poor in the past and I'm beginning to think I'll have to revive the "poor living skills" I used to have.

I think I partly spent as much as I did because I’ve been working on ditching the “poor living” skills..

Back
Top Bottom