Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Thread to note supply shortages in the shops

Even more confused now.
BTW, the last time I hit Surrey Street, it was a Saturday, and the market appeared half full, if that.
very sadly, no Beano's anymore.
Technically, LB Sutton, but functionally Greater Croydon

Even more confused now.
BTW, the last time I hit Surrey Street, it was a Saturday, and the market appeared half full, if that.
very sadly, no Beano's anymore.
I think I've said this before but I used to spend hours in Beanos. What a shop.

When I moved further south I had my car broken into and my cassette player stolen. It had my favourite tape in (the debut Enuff Z'Nuff album for accuracy and timing). I was about 17/18.

I remember going up to see my Grandparents about six months later with the parents. My Grandparents lived in a block of three High Rises right next to that massive overpass/roundabout.

My dad and his mates (my "Uncles") would disappear in the afternoon, leaving my mum and my nan and "Aunts" to watch the wrestling on tv and shout whilst chainsmoking fags and putting them out in those ashtrays that were on stands that had a push down mechanism.

I'd take the five minute wander to Beanos. On the stairs they had rows upon rows of cassettes.

And there I spied it. A cassette version of the very same album. For a pound.

I grabbed it and brought it. And when I opened the case, my writing was inside on the sleeve notes.

I'd actually bought my own tape back. What are the chances of that!

I think I've said this before but I used to spend hours in Beanos. What a shop.

When I moved further south I had my car broken into and my cassette player stolen. It had my favourite tape in (the debut Enuff Z'Nuff album for accuracy and timing). I was about 17/18.

I remember going up to see my Grandparents about six months later with the parents. My Grandparents lived in a block of three High Rises right next to that massive overpass/roundabout.

My dad and his mates (my "Uncles") would disappear in the afternoon, leaving my mum and my nan and "Aunts" to watch the wrestling on tv and shout whilst chainsmoking fags and putting them out in those ashtrays that were on stands that had a push down mechanism.

I'd take the five minute wander to Beanos. On the stairs they had rows upon rows of cassettes.

And there I spied it. A cassette version of the very same album. For a pound.

I grabbed it and brought it. And when I opened the case, my writing was inside on the sleeve notes.

I'd actually bought my own tape back. What are the chances of that!
Cassettes are back in again, I believe.
I had about 2000 pre recorded cassettes and when we moved many years ago, I gave them all to a second hand record shop.
I bet they all got ditched :(

Still no peppers. I’ve been every day to a variety of shops. I really miss peppers.
I could have bought a tiny tray or roasting veg for about 3 quid or a tiny jar of peppers for about 4.

I did not but I did buy some yumnuts which are apparently a yum yum/donut hybrid.

Still no peppers. I’ve been every day to a variety of shops. I really miss peppers.
I could have bought a tiny tray or roasting veg for about 3 quid or a tiny jar of peppers for about 4.

I did not but I did buy some yumnuts which are apparently a yum yum/donut hybrid.
what is a yum yum ?

Tomatoes in the vegetable shop near me are 3.99 euros 'vine tomatoes' Portuguese, plums 3.20 euros Spanish, ox heart 4.50 euros Portuguese , cucumbers Morrocco 2.99 euros and this is in a country in which 70% of workers in Portugal earn less than 1000 euros a month ( about £900)

Tomatoes in the vegetable shop near me are 3.99 euros 'vine tomatoes' Portuguese, plums 3.20 euros Spanish, ox heart 4.50 euros Portuguese , cucumbers Morrocco 2.99 euros and this is in a country in which 70% of workers in Portugal earn less than 1000 euros a month ( about £900)
Important to compare like with like, though. Sainsbury's lists vine tomatoes at £9 per kilo, plum tomatoes at £3.20 and ox hearts just not for sale. I expect regular salad tomatoes are the cheap ones, but are probably a loss leader (and also unavailable ATM in reality).

Important to compare like with like, though. Sainsbury's lists vine tomatoes at £9 per kilo, plum tomatoes at £3.20 and ox hearts just not for sale. I expect regular salad tomatoes are the cheap ones, but are probably a loss leader (and also unavailable ATM in reality).
Take your point however the Sainsbury vine tomatoes are actually cherry vine tomatoes , hence the extra price , and not the regular vine ones .

what is a yum yum ?
It’s a donut but different inside, I think it’s layered.
A normal yum yum looks like the picture above.
These are round like a donut and are covered in glaze and freeze dried raspberries.
So so dirty.

There were 3 in a box. So one for me, one for him and then we either share the final one tomorrow or have some sort of battle.
89BCDBE6-EC92-4B3C-A4BE-E0C196478B98.jpeg

It’s a donut but different inside, I think it’s layered.
A normal yum yum looks like the picture above.
These are round like a donut and are covered in glaze and freeze dried raspberries.
So so dirty.

There were 3 in a box. So one for me, one for him and then we either share the final one tomorrow or have some sort of battle.
View attachment 365105

M&S yumnuts, TopCat was right urban has lost its edge

Back
Top Bottom