Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Thread to note supply shortages in the shops

Had a fancy for some hot cross buns (Jesus died so we could have them so...) Anyway, in the first two Tesco Metro type shops i tried, there were no HCBs to be had. :mad::eek:

Thankfully, I was saved by the Co-op. (((Hot cross buns)))

Sainsbury has stopped stocking Taylor's Hot Lava Java, and I don't know anywhere that does.

Sainsbury has stopped stocking Taylor's Hot Lava Java, and I don't know anywhere that does.
Are you in S London? The big Sainsbury's in Sydenham has it.

Noticed it the other day when I was looking for coffee. I went for some Sainsbury's own brand on the grounds* that I just won't buy it again if it's not upto standard!

*sorry for unintentional pun.

local sainsbuggers still only has posh / pricey eggs and tomatoes.

got ordinary tomatoes at co-op last weekend but didn't feel up to driving there today. think the last lot of bog standard eggs came from M+S but that would mean going in to reading which i also didn't feel up to.

No pork chops or pork-adjacent items in my local Co-op, Spar, or Tesco yesterday. Chicken breasts and fillets all over the place but nothing piggy at all!

No lemon and ginger teabags to be had at any of my local Aldi and Lidl, same when I was in Wales. Don’t think there’s any in sainsburys either

A bit of a mystery

Just came back from Morocco. Found out that much our supply shortages of their fruit and vegetables came about as the king there banned the export of fruits and vegetables in Feb to prevent the people starving.

Acres of empty fruit and veg shelves in my local Morrisons this morning and quite a lot of other stuff missing, too.
May, or may not be part of the cause, but Brock is back as Braverman attempts to limit the damaging headlines from 'Dover chaos' by stopping the lorries from getting to the port. Roads down in Kent were already spooked yesterday.

1684826722362.png

Back
Top Bottom