Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Bitcoin discussion and news

Monero started out at $13 or so a year ago, hit $500 around Christmas and is now at around $150 - it seems like all the alt-coins are getting pulverised, people who thought diversifying into a bunch of different coins would protect them from a bitcoin crash are taking quite a hit.

I'm still going to buy some more, it has been a pretty meteoric downturn, but if you think its going to inflate again its a buyers market.

Last edited:
I've been watching the value with interest today, looks like there may be a bit of a turn upward going on.

I've been watching the value with interest today, looks like there may be a bit of a turn upward going on.
I'm bored of saying it but this sort of thing is going to lose you money. There is no news, nor fundamentals, it's pure confidence. If you were just straight gambling then so be it, but you've just said you're operating off an idea. AFAIK you have no means of predicting confidence so why are you trying to predict a trend to buy off?

Meh - your own lookout then.

Edit: given that it's gone from £12k a month ago to a £4300 month low today, buying in at £5200 on chance seems particularly halfwitted, by any trading rationale.

Last edited:
In other news, I see 'E-Coin' (who?) has gone up a sensible 2,152% today. Where's the regulator or prosecutor?

Where did you see that - I want to invest my life savings!!! :D I am just getting results saying it's fake and been shut down?
Someone at work mentioned it. Visible on any of the crypto coin sites, e.g. Cryptocurrency Market Capitalizations | CoinMarketCap

My understanding is these things are now the subjects of pump-and-dumps, like you used to get (and possibly still do) with spam email driven OTC pharmacy penny stocks or whatever.

4,880% now.

Gah! Missed the boat again... :p
Heh. It's been all over the place since I wrote those. I imagine, but don't know, that even if you buy in at a relative low, you will have a lot of difficulty actually selling up and getting the money back out again.

Yeah I'm sure.. I'm dubious enough about managing to get money in and out of bitcoin exchanges whilst the price is all over the place having been in that position during it's original rise to around $1000 a while back, I can only imagine what it's like with some of the other cryptocurrencies

Ecoin had been rising quickly throughout Tuesday: it began the day on $6.23 but was worth 34.38 by 15:00 GMT. Then the coin experienced its single biggest rise in its history, with a sudden jump up to $128.81, a partial fall to $72.64 before rising back to over $280 after 17:00.

shutup.JPG

Someone at work mentioned it. Visible on any of the crypto coin sites, e.g. Cryptocurrency Market Capitalizations | CoinMarketCap

My understanding is these things are now the subjects of pump-and-dumps, like you used to get (and possibly still do) with spam email driven OTC pharmacy penny stocks or whatever.

4,880% now.
Striking how similar the graphs for the last seven days are for all the biggest cryptocons, aside from Tether, which is pegged to the dollar. They go up and down together almost precisely in unison. It's an uncannily precise match.

A lot of people had been worried about the US SEC meeting due to happen yesterday, with the expectation they'd ask for more legislation of cryptocurrency.

Surprisingly they didn't ask for any, and instead stated they didn't want to do anything that would hinder crypto development.

Striking how similar the graphs for the last seven days are for all the biggest cryptocons, aside from Tether, which is pegged to the dollar. They go up and down together almost precisely in unison. It's an uncannily precise match.
It's almost like the influence of wall street algorithms hasn't been explained at least twice.

For chart fans - and goodness knows there's some here - here's another certain chart *bubble* http://static2.uk.businessinsider.com/image/5919eac6dd0895722d8b4a21-1201/5-15-17-amazon-cotd.png

Back
Top Bottom