Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Which party will you vote for in the next election ?

who will you vote for ?

• conservative

Votes: 13 10.1%
  • labour

Votes: 42 32.6%
  • liberal democrats

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • democratic unionist party

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • scottish national party

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • sinn fein

Votes: 4 3.1%
  • plaid cmyru

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • social democratic & labour party

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • green party

Votes: 29 22.5%
  • alliance party of northern ireland

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • another party

Votes: 9 7.0%
  • spoiling ballet or not voting

Votes: 25 19.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
yeah, its like that saying about who to hand out guns to, all that want them don't get, those that don't are welcome to them, which i presume to mean, anyone that wants to become a politician should be shot before they can do further damage to society.

No, I'm well aware it wasn't directed at me.

What's the point of asking how many would have voted for them before?

It's a rhetorical question isn't it? (as is that)

The answer is essentially 'more'.

So it points out that people change their opinions in the light of experience. I don't have a beef, and neither have any dummies been spat, I've just questioned Sgt Wanky's wanky post, and what earthly use he thought it possibly served.

What "earthly use" is anything posted on a messageboard, fuckface? What "earthly use" is you getting so upset about a straightforward observation? Admit it, you thought I was having a go at you personally and started bubbling. Be a man and withdraw.

It's angry caught out how dare you tell me exactly what would happen, now I hate you because what I said would happen has sort of rage lib-dem voteritis

What "earthly use" is anything posted on a messageboard, fuckface? What "earthly use" is you getting so upset about a straightforward observation? Admit it, you thought I was having a go at you personally and started bubbling. Be a man and withdraw.

Why would you be having a go at me personally? You say you don't know who I am - it's mutual Sgt Wanky. You thought you were being clever. You weren't, you were stating the obvious. And now you're getting yourself all upset because it was pointed out. I await your next insightful observation with bated breath. :rolleyes:

You confused an analysis of a wider political change with a personal attack on you for being a lib-dem mug. Grow up. Drop the ego.

This hissy fit is precisely as i describe. You even hammer his point home with this post.

Sgt Howie suggsted there'd been a sea-change in lib-dem support. You took this as an attack on you personally (you obv felt guilty for your pathetic pro-lib-dem arguments before the election) which wasn't the intention. You 'called him on it?' No, you had and are still having a childish tantrum in which you impose your own political naivety (and the failings revealed) onto every point made about the lib-dems. Grow up. Drop the ego. There's a bigger world out there than you.

This hissy fit is precisely as i describe. You even hammer his point home with this post.

Sgt Howie suggsted there'd been a sea-change in lib-dem support. You took this as an attack on you personally (you obv felt guilty for your pathetic pro-lib-dem arguments before the election) which wasn't the intention. You 'called him on it?' No, you had and are still having a childish tantrum in which you impose your own political naivety (and the failings revealed) onto every point made about the lib-dems. Grow up. Drop the ego. There's a bigger world out there than you.

A typical post from one of the self appointed leaders of the proletariat on U75.....
:facepalm:

I am the leader of the proletariat on U75 - no self appointed about it. It's known.

Yeah i heard the people in Barking were well impressed with you being a sort of mix between che guevara and nostradamus.......And the BNP are well scared of you and pickmans.

...and still people will vote for the Tories! Is this some sort of cruel joke or has sas created a few multiple accounts?

You took this as an attack on you personally
It's mystic butchers, with his magic telepathic powers!! Or is this just an extension of your usual omniscience O Master of the Revolution?

Grow up. Drop the ego. There's a bigger world out there than you.
Stop it, just stop it! The irony's killing me! :D

A typical post from one of the self appointed leaders of the proletariat on U75.....
:facepalm:
Quite. I imagine him dressed in full soviet regalia listening to revolutionary marches as he types.

How fucked do you have to be to have little tommy bullshit as your support?

Corax - your anger at yourself, at being caught out in public, at making a tit of yourself, at being the embarrassing sort of lib-dem we all now hate is very real - i can almost taste it, mmm - direct it at those guilty parties.

Or make up some bullshit argument on here.

But if even their left critics are willing to vote Labour, Labour will always be able to get away with doing entirely as they (or their corporate masters) please.

If the thinking is 'they've got to be better than the other lot,' then it's always going to be a big gamble. After all, New Labour might have been slightly better than their Tory predecessors in certain respects, but what was most crucial about their rule is that they not only continued with the neo-liberal economic policies that led to the 2008 crash, but took the market into areas where even Thatcher didn't dare to go, thus paving the way for the current lot. Hardly a good indicator of a cuts-free future under a Miliband government.
don't disagree with any of this, but I'm hopeful this is changing (slightly). Labour have lost 5 million votes since 1997, whilst only 2m fewer voted in 2010 than 1997. These clearly haven't all gone to the tories (1m up since '97), the lib dems (+1.6m). People have either given up on voting, gone green, SP in minute amounts, nationalist in scotland and wales, WESPECK. People (I think) are finally getting fed up to boiling point with Labour, and their single biggest asset is the lack of a viable 'true left' alternative'. I'm one of them;. all I need is that alternative, and I'm off. Given that the Lab vote held up best in Campaign group members' seats (such as my MP), I'm clearly not the only one. I certainly don't think the old castiron loyalties are there; it's as much a horror of tory rule that holds them up. Even so, I can see the greens continuing to rise, and mainly at Labour's expense.

I went for spoil my ballot if the Haringey Green candidate got rid of his ponytail I might (might) vote for them.

Corax - your anger at yourself, at being caught out in public, at making a tit of yourself, at being the embarrassing sort of lib-dem we all now hate is very real - i can almost taste it, mmm - direct it at those guilty parties.

Of course you're right Wolfie - you've never been anything else! I made the all the rest of it up, because I just couldn't face the shame. On here. A backwater intermaweb message board. I promise to thrash myself every night, just like matron used to do. :rolleyes:

As it goes, I have no embarrassment at having been gulled by the lib dems. Unlike you comrade, I've never professed to be all knowing. :)

Safe labour seat too, so it was never going to make any difference anyway.

So why react like a spoilt prick to Sgt Howies question? It either hit home or it didn't (no matter what the questions intention). Either way, reacting like you did is both pathetic and revealing.

So why react like a spoilt prick to Sgt Howies question?
Because he was trying to be 'clever' by pointing out that a proportion of Urban posters will have changed their opinion in the light of subsequent evidence. As I've already said. Which isn't really very insightful. Moreover, the implication is a rather childish "Told ya so! Look! Some of you were wrong!" Somewhat similar to your own tone at times in fact.

Either way, reacting like you did is both pathetic and revealing.
If you say it, it must be true eh? :D

I suppose the irony of your own reaction to my reply to Howie (nothing to do with you, it's worth noting), your desperate need to dip your oar in (and pursue it like some sort of message board crusader), is entirely lost on you.

Well I admit it. I was totally wrong about the Lib Dems. My error made no difference because the Tory won by bloody miles anyway. But I had no idea that they would capitulate so utterly and horribly to the Tories' ideological war on the poor.

I suggest you go back and read the context Corax. You're massively over-reacting to something that was not directed at you. AFAICT, you tried to have a dig at moon, Sgt Howie missed that it was a dig and made an innocent reply, which you took as a dig at you and decided to make a huge deal out of it, for no obvious reason.

Back
Top Bottom