Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Which party will you vote for in the next election ?

who will you vote for ?

• conservative

Votes: 13 10.1%
  • labour

Votes: 42 32.6%
  • liberal democrats

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • democratic unionist party

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • scottish national party

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • sinn fein

Votes: 4 3.1%
  • plaid cmyru

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • social democratic & labour party

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • green party

Votes: 29 22.5%
  • alliance party of northern ireland

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • another party

Votes: 9 7.0%
  • spoiling ballet or not voting

Votes: 25 19.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
What a horrible proposition. Having inadvertently found that I'd voted Tory for the first time in my life, I may well be forced to vote for Milliway and co. :p

Did you see your MP on the telly he was dragged out of the council house meeting by students saying three things at once - slime oozing out of him, even tried to play the i was anti-thatcher in the 80s i know how they feel line..

why would anyone decide before knowing who is in charge of the parties, when the election, whats in the manifesto and how the various parties are preforming?

Because it won't be relevant? You'll have a choice of endorsing the ConDems or electing Labour. There is no other realistic option. If you're in a marginal you have to make that choice or throw away the chance to make a difference. If you're not, you can vote for the party which most deserves your vote, but it won't make any difference.

Did you see your MP on the telly he was dragged out of the council house meeting by students saying three things at once - slime oozing out of him, even tried to play the i was anti-thatcher in the 80s i know how they feel line..

Any footage of that? Sounds entertaining.

I'll evaluate the candidates, their histories, and their policies during the campaign and vote accordingly.

5xu0aq.jpg

your analysis is so frequently off beam that you'd end up voting for the Bus Pass Elvis party.

Just because my analysis differs from yours doesn't mean it's wrong. And anyway, the BPE party would probably be a lot better than the tossers we currently have. :D

Maybe Green, maybe Labour, maybe an independant, maybe not at all. I quite like the sound of the Bus Pass Elvis party. He could change the rules so that instead of 'aye' the politicians have to 'uh huh huh.'

SP if they stand in my rock-solid Labour seat, otherwise Labour

Isn't this why Labour has no need to worry about opposition from the left? They know that even those most critical of them from a left direction will vote for them when it comes down to it.

Isn't this why Labour has no need to worry about opposition from the left? They know that even those most critical of them from a left direction will vote for them when it comes down to it.
tragically, that happens to be true, which is why I'm hopeful that some sort of alternative may coalesce around the SP in the long run. let's face it, there's fuck all else on the horizon

yes, although why I don't know. Ex pat tory bastards :mad:

Depends, if you permantly reside abroad then no you can't, mainly because you've probably moved all your cash abroad as well. If you're just away for a bit then you can.

tragically, that happens to be true, which is why I'm hopeful that some sort of alternative may coalesce around the SP in the long run. let's face it, there's fuck all else on the horizon

But if even their left critics are willing to vote Labour, Labour will always be able to get away with doing entirely as they (or their corporate masters) please.

If the thinking is 'they've got to be better than the other lot,' then it's always going to be a big gamble. After all, New Labour might have been slightly better than their Tory predecessors in certain respects, but what was most crucial about their rule is that they not only continued with the neo-liberal economic policies that led to the 2008 crash, but took the market into areas where even Thatcher didn't dare to go, thus paving the way for the current lot. Hardly a good indicator of a cuts-free future under a Miliband government.

Can Brits living abroad vote, or what?

living abroad doesn’t stop you having your say back home…
Every British citizen who has been registered to vote in the UK within the last 15 years is eligible to vote in UK Parliamentary (general) elections and European Parliamentary elections in the UK.
If you were too young to register when you left the UK, you can still register as an overseas voter so long as your parent or guardian was registered to vote in the UK.

http://www.aboutmyvote.co.uk/register_to_vote/british_citizens_living_abroad.aspx

See, I was being civil before....

What do you think my point is, brianiac?

Is it that people revise their opinions in the light of experience?

Fuck! You should write a paper for Ethnos. They'd be astounded. :rolleyes:

Thanks for your 'revelation'.

I'll be voting for the hang-people-for-improper-use-of-apostrophes party.

Ooh, now that would get my vote :D

Tbh I have no idea who I'd vote for in a GE. I detest NL, and the Tories, Lib Dems have sold their souls and their voters down the river and wee Eck has disappeared up his own arse again(or under his treble chin). Doesn't leave me with much option iirc :(

See, I was being civil before....

Is it that people revise their opinions in the light of experience?

Fuck! You should write a paper for Ethnos. They'd be astounded. :rolleyes:

Thanks for your 'revelation'.

What revelation was I claiming to have made?

Back
Top Bottom