Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Will the election result finally result in ditching "First Past The Post?"

I mean, it sounds like Sue would have great difficulty in qualifying for membership of the Anarchist Communist Dope-Smoking Football-Watching Federation. Might still be in with a chance of joining our deadly rivals, the Anarchist Communist Lager-Drinking Cricket-Watching Group, though.
Cricket ffs. That's much worse than football. :mad:

I tried to found the Anarchist Communist, sober, spectator-sports-avoiding, jazz-loving, Whovian, Zen-practising, vegan-adjacent vegetarian, home coffee grinding, alt rock guitar playing, but weirdly nerdy about elections Group, but couldn’t get any takers.
Jazz though. :( (I can get behind the veggie/vegan coffee bit though.)

Seriously though, this thread is astonishing.

40% of the population are not anarchists, anarchist probably make up less than 0.04% of the population it's an affectation. More typical of the non-voter is my next door neighbour, who I think he has never voted in his 51 years of life, he has no interest whatsoever in politics, doesn't understand it, he's only interested in football and smoking dope.
you don't understand what examples are do you

The huge problem with PR is that it gives people like Farage disproportionate influence.

If you want to see the outcome of sort of PR, have a look at the damage the bought in Greens did in the Scottish parliament.

I would not scrap the House of Lords I would just make it better. I would make it into a House of Experts. I don't see what the point of replicating the House of Commons i.e., the same people, the same parties, it'll just be a duplication of the House of Commons no change, no improvement.
Who would decide which Experts would be in the House of Experts?

People in the House of Lords are already appointed, just appoint experts instead. I reiterate, the House of Lords has no powers all it does is revise laws made by the House of Commons and it I think can only do it once.

When people in the House of Lords are already appointed just appoint experts instead. I reiterate, the House of Lords has no powers all it does is revise laws made by the House of Commons and it I think can only do it once.
yeh you don't remember rwanda do you. perhaps you should educate yourself so you don't come across as the opposite of an expert.

I do wonder how many people would be so quick to vote for Farage's mob if they knew they would get into parliament as a result.
i think it's fairly safe to say that in the constituency I reside in, the Reform vote is almost certainly entirely pissed off Tories based on the loss of votes for the incumbant Selfservative (who is a misogynistic homophobe and transphobe despite being female and a Health Professional )

the lib Dems did poorly this time round by the labout vote and the Green vote and the local 'not a party' grouping;s vote went up

Reform were soundly into 3rd betwene the Tories and Labour though

I do suspect that any PR system will come with a proposal that it be for the second chamber , allowing by regional party lists the ability to reward those who have done their time in parliament or have been useful idiots to whichever party

i think it's fairly safe to say that in the constituency I reside in, the Reform vote is almost certainly entirely pissed off Tories based on the loss of votes for the incumbant Selfservative (who is a misogynistic homophobe and transphobe despite being female and a Health Professional )

the lib Dems did poorly this time round by the labout vote and the Green vote and the local 'not a party' grouping;s vote went up

Reform were soundly into 3rd betwene the Tories and Labour though
this time. i wonder how reform will do next time. quite possibly swapping places with the tories in terms of number of votes

Back
Top Bottom