Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Which party will you vote for in the next election ?

who will you vote for ?

• conservative

Votes: 13 10.1%
  • labour

Votes: 42 32.6%
  • liberal democrats

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • democratic unionist party

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • scottish national party

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • sinn fein

Votes: 4 3.1%
  • plaid cmyru

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • social democratic & labour party

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • green party

Votes: 29 22.5%
  • alliance party of northern ireland

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • another party

Votes: 9 7.0%
  • spoiling ballet or not voting

Votes: 25 19.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
In Russia they had an "against all" option (or did, until a few years ago when Putin iirc abolished it).

good points flash (although beating people etc is obviously completely fucking unacceptable)

Thanks and totally agree, unless they've thrown a lump of masonry/paving slab/barrier/scaffold pole etc. at you first - the police didn't vote to increase fees and have their jobs cut as well (you could argue some may have voted Lib Dem etc....) just because the kids are annoyed it doesn't give them the right to:

a) fuck up public property - which at the end of the day our taxes will be used to put right
b) fuck up a police person (pushing/dragging people off of horses is beyond out of order)

Having said that I can see an epic version of a) happening sometime soon and hopefully people will learn from it (the French do it right I think - as their police don't fuck around but even they usually get overwhelmed when the French public decide they've had enough).

In case you hadn't noticed, state-sanctioned marches from A to B do not work. You either want change or you do not. Ticking a box on a ballot paper will not help.

You don't have to use the same tactics as everyone else - it's up to each and every one of us to work out how far we are prepared to go and act accordingly - but you don't get to impose your beliefs on anyone else either. Constructive debate is fine, but noone who gives a shit should be wasting their time repeating exactly what the Daily Mail is saying anyway. Just get the fuck on with it and maybe things will change before there is any real violence to whinge about.

(((buildings))) :rolleyes:

thing is flash in most cases the protesters weren't throwing paving slabs etc. they were actually pretty fucking restrained in the face of quite unprecedented brutality, people being beaten for no reason, reports of (alleged) sexual assault etc ... police standing by while fash attacked demonstrators etc ...

i agree police aren't responsible for the cuts etc and are facing job cuts etc which is why in a sense i feel its important to get at least a few of them sympathising with us - i don't think they're "all bastards" etc - but a hell of them plainly are and the brutality they were dishing out to protesters plainly went beyond the orders they were given in many cases. i can appreciate how a stressful situation it is for a lot of them, but you know ...

In case you hadn't noticed, state-sanctioned marches from A to B do not work. You either want change or you do not. Ticking a box on a ballot paper will not help.

Had noticed this totally - it's just all a bit :(:(

It shouldn't have to come to what happened in the week but at the moment I can't see a way that it can be avoided and as you say changing how you'd ticked boxes on a ballot paper 6 months ago probably wouldn't have changed it either. Mass public demonstrations, and violence are fairly cyclical - I think we are due it's just with the combination of factors it's looking like a perfect storm. Anyway getting v.off-topic - off for dinner.

thing is flash in most cases the protesters weren't throwing paving slabs etc. they were actually pretty fucking restrained in the face of quite unprecedented brutality, people being beaten for no reason, reports of sexual assault etc ... police standing by while fash attacked demonstrators etc ...

i agree police aren't responsible for the cuts etc and are facing job cuts etc which is why in a sense i feel its important to get at least a few of them sympathising with us - i don't think they're "all bastards" etc - but a hell of them plainly are and the brutality they were dishing out to protesters plainly went beyond the orders they were given in many cases. i can appreciate how a stressful situation it is for a lot of them, but you know ...

Totally know where you're coming from - was only getting what I was seeing on Sky News and the BBC so I was probably only seeing one side of the story and where protest marches aren't my thing (yet) I was probably taking the view that Parliament Square wasn't on the route so it was a bit 50/50 what happens when you step over the line. Anyway way off topic and I'm off for dinner.

No. Urban will mostly be voting Labour or Green, in the absence of better alternatives and depending on the situation in their particular constituency.

Big difference.

Just for the lolz here's the swings since the U75 'exit poll' from 6th May.

Conservative: +4%
Labour : +7%
Libdem : -29%

Obviously the destruction of the Labour party remains the dream for the Conservatives but we'll take the extermination of the yellow filth as a decent consolation prize. According The Haircut in the Guardian the principle benefactors of a LibDem implosion will be the blue team.

certainly will not be either tory or libdem, that is for Certain!

May have a difficulty in making any difference - the tories could put up a huntin' hound in this place, as long as it wore a blue rosette it would be returned!

Back
Top Bottom