Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What next for Ed Davey, Action Man?

He did a bungee jump (his first ever) on breakfast TV this morning.

image_6595750.jpg

This bizarre campaign does actually seem to be working though. Between the hilarious car crash of the Tory campaign and the Labour strategy of not actually having any policies and letting the other side commit Hara-kiri you have a very awkward man doing very awkward things. It's a brilliant strategy. The networks have been using him as the light entertainment section of their broadcasts, in place of babies talking in scouse accents and banksy's latest works.

They're gonna get more seats than ever I think.

This bizarre campaign does actually seem to be working though. Between the hilarious car crash of the Tory campaign and the Labour strategy of not actually having any policies and letting the other side commit Hara-kiri you have a very awkward man doing very awkward things. It's a brilliant strategy. The networks have been using him as the light entertainment section of their broadcasts, in place of babies talking in scouse accents and banksy's latest works.

They're gonna get more seats than ever I think.
it generates headlines when I suspect he would otherwise be ignored:

Ed Davey uses bungee jump to urge voters to 'do something you've never done before' and vote Lib Dem​

Rishi has missed a trick here methinks. I'm not sure what is more bonkers though, paying failed 2 asylum seekers 3k petty cash, putting them in business class to Africa, setting them up in a nice hotel in a lovely climate, or jumping off a bridge with a rubber band attached to your ankles.

Davey's winning this one I think.

Rishi has missed a trick here methinks. I'm not sure what is more bonkers though, paying failed 2 asylum seekers 3k petty cash, putting them in business class to Africa, setting them up in a nice hotel in a lovely climate, or jumping off a bridge with a rubber band attached to your ankles.

Davey's winning this one I think.
What?

Stop calling him Rishi. He's not your mate.

As for Davey, it's sad to see him trying to ape the likes of Johnson and selling himself as some sort of comical idiot for press. Even if that did work for Johnson, he doesn't have enough of a personality to back it up. It's like Hague on the log flume but even more tragic.

As for Davey, it's sad to see him trying to ape the likes of Johnson and selling himself as some sort of comical idiot for press. Even if that did work for Johnson, he doesn't have enough of a personality to back it up. It's like Hague on the log flume but even more tragic.
Nobody asks Davey about postmasters anymore

How should I address him? What's the approved title?

A lot has stuck to Rishi.
A lot has stuck to Starmer.
Ed has tackled tuition fees and postmaster stuff fairly well and I don't think it's sticking so hard. Maybe the campaign has worked.

It's quite normal with Indian names to use the forename as the primary form of address, the names are interchangeable - eg Virat Kohli, Rishabh Pant (cricketers)

yeah yeah I know, but this has been a irritation of mine going back to people calling Johnson 'Boris' or Hillary Clinton 'Hillary' - it's just a bit too familiar. Call me 'Tony', call me 'Dave' - yeah no thanks.

yeah yeah I know, but this has been a irritation of mine going back to people calling Johnson 'Boris' or Hillary Clinton 'Hillary' - it's just a bit too familiar. Call me 'Tony', call me 'Dave' - yeah no thanks.

I don't see the issue. I don't know anyone who calls Boris Johnson - Johnson. It's no biggie. With Hillary, you're aware her husband was president and kind of took the Clinton handle

Back
Top Bottom