Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Which jab did you have - Astra Zeneca or Pfizer? And what side effects?

What jab? What side effects?

• I had the Pfizer

Votes: 66 18.6%
  • I had the Astra Zeneca

Votes: 125 35.2%
  • I don't know what I had

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Pfizer + no side effects

Votes: 65 18.3%
  • Pfizer + some side effects lasting less than/about 48 hours

Votes: 38 10.7%
  • Pfizer + side effects lasting more than 2 days

Votes: 6 1.7%
  • AZ + no side effects

Votes: 51 14.4%
  • AZ + some side effects lasting less than/about 48 hours

Votes: 121 34.1%
  • AZ + side effects lasting more than 2 days

Votes: 37 10.4%
  • Something else (explain yourself)

Votes: 13 3.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
That's roughly where I am 24 hours later.
So that's how the body reacts to a non-viable infection...
24 hour "flu"

It was as unpleasant as anything I caught at work - just short lived.
I hope the second dose is no worse.
It confirms my determination to avoid ever catching viruses off others now that I've not caught one since Dec. 2019

EDIT :- went to sort out my recycling for tomorrow and I'm going back to bed properly knackered - definitely would have been off work for at least these two days ... not complaining - I have no emotional issues with illness and definitely not seeking sympathy - just being honest.

And I'll be honest here whereas on Facebook and elsewhere I won't say anything beyond that I didn't feel the vaccination itself - which is 100 percent true - I might well lie to my own family if I thought there was a risk it might put them off getting vaccinated, and I'm certainly going back in 12 weeks - even though by accounts on here that the second time can be even worse.

Last edited:
Well, at jab + 12 hours (Astra Zeneca), I felt pretty rough. I was shaking and shivering so much my vision was blurred. Stabbing headache. Every joint aching. Fever. I was awake all night chugging paras and ibuprofen.

And guess which fool had arranged an early shopping delivery? I tell you what, the driver took one look at me, and kept his bloody distance. :) I managed to croak 'jab', and made stabbing gestures at my arm. He felt encouraged enough to share his views on vaccination, lockdown and Boris all within a 3-minute discourse.

Jab + 24 hours, much better. Feeling human again. I hope to Beelzebub the part 2 jab isn't this bad.

To shake things up, after last night's fever, now ir's chills that my elctric blanket is barely touching.
Getting hit twice was often par for the course when I caught actual live infections.

To shake things up, after last night's fever, now ir's chills that my elctric blanket is barely touching.
Getting hit twice was often par for the course when I caught actual live infections.

You’re def having a rough one. I don’t think I’d notice it if I was busy thinking about other stuff. The flu jab was worse and that was just a headache and my vision going funny for an hour.

You’re def having a rough one. I don’t think I’d notice it if I was busy thinking about other stuff. The flu jab was worse and that was just a headache and my vision going funny for an hour.
whereas the flu jab I had Nov. 2019 was just a teeny local bruise ...:hmm:

Not had it, but my mum had the AZ one and no side effects, Frau Bahn's mum had the Pfizer one and no side effects, they are both in their mid-70's, so the conclusion here is that u75 is full of wusses.

One side effect that people need to shout from the fucking rooftops though, Not dying of Covid!!!
Mine and Mrs Q's parents all in their 80's have had their jabs, My mum said it made her feel a bit poorly for a few hours but was soon fine. My Dad said it made him feel he needed a kip but he says he needs a kip all the time. Mrs Q mum said it made her a bit tired. Mrs Q's Dad said it had no effect but such would contradict with his stoic hard man image so he might not be truthful, no matter how fit he was as a young man he's in his 80's now if he would just admit it.
All the Other Q's who have received are in the medical profession between 20 and 40 and all fit and healthy. From those I've heard from short lived soreness and the odd headache seem common.
I'm looking forward to mine, a few hours kip and a headache for a day maybe two seem to be a very small price to pay. It's basically the same price I pay for a night of booze but without spending any cash.

Must admit I wish I hadn't read this thread. I have fybromyalgia and a dodgy thyroid so I'm used to having the 'flu like' package of aches, tiredness etc. No obvious reason to think the vaccine strengthens pre-existing symptoms, but you do wonder. But as mentioned, this thread does seem to showing a higher rate of reactions than is the case in the wider population.

As to the '60%', isn't that just the efficacy figure for the Oxford vaccine as announced at the time of it's approval? At a purely selfish level it leaves you hoping you'll get one of the others (I suspect there'll be 3 in total by the time I'm up for the jab in a month or so). Same time, I'm not going to start gaming it and turning one down, hoping for another. It's anti-social and could anyway rebound on you if you get Covid. Must admit, I pleasantly surprised that there don't seem to be many people playing that game either?

I got through the chills and then was burning up for hours.... since I wasn't fighting an actual infection, I laid there uncovered...
I just woke up and there's mostly only a slight headache left.
Let's hope that's finally it for now.
Perhaps it will just make it under the wire for 48 hours... though I suspect it will take another day to feel properly OK.

Last edited:
So ...

day 3 and I started out moderately warm, but felt fine, but now I'm starting to shiver again...
At least going to bed early saves on heating ...

I wonder if others who respond strongly to the vaccine have similar experiences to me with colds and flu ?
i.e while I worked at the petri dish, I never had "colds" per se, but got fully laid out for several days once or twice a year - mostly fever and weakness - rarely much in the way of secondary symptoms even when I was certain it was flu - and I used to bounce back ...

I suppose they're bound to be a bit cautious with stating side effects, but I could imagine this being a bit of a shock to some ...

I'm contemplating reporting it so it's on the record ...

Don't write off that it might have nothing to do with the vaccine and it could be entirely coincidental.
It would be very unlikely given my lifestyle - I even broke out a proper mask to wear under my usual one -mostly as a sign of respect..

I'm not quite ready to complete my oximeter purchase in case I caught it in the park last week...

Last edited:
End of day 3 and once again, after cranking up my electric blanket, I broke through the chills and temperature is back up to 38 degrees.
Getting to the bathroom is a challenge, eyes sleepy, voice slightly hoarse..
Another bonus is I'm down several hundred calories.

You need a covid test. Hope you’re feeling better soon x
Thanks...
It just seems unlikely that I caught it walking in the park, or in the supermarket the previous week while these symptoms came on like a train 2 hours after the vaccine - plus I can barely walk to the bathroom at the moment...

Didn't catch anything at the surgery when you had the vaccination? Mine was in a small room with three administrators and three vaccinees in it, which surprised me since there was a bloody big tent next to the building.

Didn't catch anything at the surgery when you had the vaccination? Mine was in a small room with three administrators and three vaccinees in it, which surprised me since there was a bloody big tent next to the building.
incubation too short.
Things were well organised plus I double masked as it was the closest I'd been to others since October ..

I've woken up feeling a lot more comfortable..
Let's hope my immune system has finally finished doing what it needs to do. :)
Hopefully at some point they'll explain why the AZ is so much more dramatic in its action than the MRNA vaccines .. and why it's less effective.
I figured that it should be more effective in terms of getting into cells...
Perhaps some people's immune systems effectively jump on the vector virus before it can get to work.
I may see if I can ask a question on TWIV...

Back
Top Bottom