Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Which jab did you have - Astra Zeneca or Pfizer? And what side effects?

What jab? What side effects?

• I had the Pfizer

Votes: 66 18.6%
  • I had the Astra Zeneca

Votes: 125 35.2%
  • I don't know what I had

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Pfizer + no side effects

Votes: 65 18.3%
  • Pfizer + some side effects lasting less than/about 48 hours

Votes: 38 10.7%
  • Pfizer + side effects lasting more than 2 days

Votes: 6 1.7%
  • AZ + no side effects

Votes: 51 14.4%
  • AZ + some side effects lasting less than/about 48 hours

Votes: 121 34.1%
  • AZ + side effects lasting more than 2 days

Votes: 37 10.4%
  • Something else (explain yourself)

Votes: 13 3.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Interesting study of people on here, massively higher percentage of side effects than normal!
Possibly because it's easier to type up a post on here, so a self-selecting group ...

The leaflet I got had the potential side-effects with very common defined as more than 1 in 10 ...

Reactions: LDC
I could do with a bit of something to chase out the mild sinusitis that's been bubbling under for over a year now - the last cold/flu thing I had was November 2019 ...

4 hours later and I've gone to bed feeling a bit iffy - perhaps very mild nausea which is rare for me...

Last edited:
Interesting study of people on here, massively higher percentage of side effects than normal!

Part of the reason I posted this poll was because I was beginning to perceive from people I know who've had the jab a much higher figure than the 10% given for the common side-effects. I only know of one person who has gone on to have these effects last longer than 48 hours (my sister who ended up in A&E after 7 days with breathing difficulties - she's fine now). And I definitely wasn't pushing any anti-vax line, I tried to overcome that with the first line of the OP. And I definitely wasn't trying to make out these side effects were worse than they were, hence the emphasis on 48 hours in the poll.

But I do think (so far anyway) the poll is bearing that out. I think the AZ does give side effects quite a lot higher than the 10% claimed. I know 10% (or 1 in 10) is not a necessarily 'given' number but as a ball park figure I think it's being exceeded. Again, I'll stress I had misgivings about posting this thread - I actually held off posting it until ATOMIC SUPLEX made me laugh with his post (I like sweary posts). I don't think the side effects themselves warrant ANY misgivings about the vaccine. But I am interested, just out of curiosity, in the differences between AZ and Pfizer in this regard.

The results aren't surprising me so far based on what I was hearing. I think StoneRoad has a point about the ease of reporting on here. But the posts reflect what I was hearing. The almost mirror like reflection between Pfizer and AZ (so far, 22/6 to 5/15 on the 48 hour thing). But I am conflicted, for sure, because I appreciate if you start telling people one jab may give you a 75% chance of side-effects for something, that ain't going to make it any easier to make people go get a jab.

But just get the fucking jab.

Not had it, but my mum had the AZ one and no side effects, Frau Bahn's mum had the Pfizer one and no side effects, they are both in their mid-70's, so the conclusion here is that u75 is full of wusses.

One side effect that people need to shout from the fucking rooftops though, Not dying of Covid!!!

Interesting piece by MD in this issue of Private Eye as suspected that side effects show immune systems are responding.

Interesting piece by MD in this issue of Private Eye as suspected that side effects show immune systems are responding.

I don't understand the science (fuck it, I don't understand science mostly) but how does that tie in with the Pfizer results then? Where the vast majority are getting no side effects? And the Pfizer jab is showing marked increase in efficacy on one jab?

It doesn't seem that straightforward to me (side effects = immune response)

Happy to be corrected/informed.

I have a notion I might have fared reasonably well with actual covid.
I never got significant respiratory symptoms with viruses, but consistently got impressively laid out for a few days then back on the bike Monday even if I hadn't eaten for days.
It would probably have been the same in 2019 if my "fat but fit" luck hadn't run out and forced me to do something about it...
So not surprised I'm feeling the effects of the adenovirus vector.

I don't understand the science (fuck it, I don't understand science mostly) but how does that tie in with the Pfizer results then? Where the vast majority are getting no side effects? And the Pfizer jab is showing marked increase in efficacy on one jab?

It doesn't seem that straightforward to me (side effects = immune response)

Happy to be corrected/informed.

Simple answer is that the vaccines are different in what they are doing in order to provoke an immune response, and immunology is mind-fuckingly complicated.

Edit: though it does occur to me that delivering the mRNA directly (as the Pfizer vaccine does) rather than putting DNA in a chimp cold virus to be transcribed into the mRNA might lead to less cross-fire in the immune system when it spots a chimp virus as well as the newly-manufactured spike proteins.
This is uninformed spitballing, though.

Last edited:
Yes I hadn't really thought about lack of response, I'd have expected MD to know but perhaps does depend on individual as above.

Experiencing side effects are totally not a reliable indicator of any vaccine provoking a good immune response. It's as likely to be psychological issues around expectation and similar things like self reporting mentioned above. There's been some very good studies around placebos and side effects and expectations and peer group reporting makes a much bigger impact that you'd think it might.

Experiencing side effects are totally not a reliable indicator of any vaccine provoking a good immune response. It's as likely to be psychological issues around expectation and similar things like self reporting mentioned above. There's been some very good studies around placebos and side effects and expectations and peer group reporting makes a much bigger impact that you'd think it might.
I'm massively well tuned-in to my body.

Just managed to eat dinner, but I'm properly knackered now.
Somewhat warm so lying here without my duvet.
I may have a suck on a thermometer next time I need the loo...
More aware of vacc site than earlier.

EDIT ;-

Only an hour and a half later, the symptoms have eased significantly :)
Presumably because the vector adenovirus is in itself not very viable ?

Last edited:
Just managed to eat dinner, but I'm properly knackered now.
Somewhat warm so lying here without my duvet.
I may have a suck on a thermometer next time I need the loo...
More aware of vacc site than earlier.

What time did you have yours done?

mum-tat (80+) had the pfizer one a few weeks ago, no side effects

i'm still probably a few months away from getting done

Back
Top Bottom