Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Have you had your booster jab (jag) ?

Have you ? Please change votes when you do ...

• Not yet

Votes: 27 9.5%
  • Yes - Pfizer

Votes: 169 59.7%
  • Yes - Moderna

Votes: 78 27.6%
  • Yes - Oxford / Astra Zenicac

Votes: 4 1.4%
  • Yes - other vaccine

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not having one

Votes: 5 1.8%
  • comedy option ...

Votes: 4 1.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Just back from having my second booster.
Although I was informed it wasn’t my second booster, they are now referring to the third jab or first booster as the third primary.
Still all done for now.

I’m a little concerned as I currently have very low red blood cells, almost nonexistent white cells and platelets that couldn’t clot the smallest cuts.
See how it goes, I will hopefully be able to report back. :D

Had my third Pfizer shot at 16:30 today. No side effects have manifested so far, if anything the most painful moment was when they stuck the needle in. Quite a contrast to the last time when I barely felt it.

Also, Comirnaty is a stupid name.

Getting some soreness at the injection site now. This is pretty much in line with previous injections. I am comforting myself with an ale.

Havent had mine yet but did notice something curious, last week my NHS app said it was due to run out on the 22nd January. I went into the app to get my NHS number to book my booster and now it says its going to expire on the 22 Feb and I didnt even book the booster :hmm:

Havent had mine yet but did notice something curious, last week my NHS app said it was due to run out on the 22nd January. I went into the app to get my NHS number to book my booster and now it says its going to expire on the 22 Feb and I didnt even book the booster :hmm:

Think that is just the "certificate" that always has a month expiry date, but you can go in and refresh it then it gives you another month.

Got jab 4 pfizer yesterday.
Sore arm today and despite my chirpy demeanour on here I am feeling like something the cat dragged in.
Way worse than jab 3.

They seem to have changed the system, when I ordered a paper one after my second jab there was a single issue with no expiry date on it. whereas now for travelling abroad you have to call 119 to order it and it is only valid for a month.

I was finally boosted today at the teatro municipal in Rio…I feel invincible
I forgot I posted this. I spent the subsequent day in bed shivering and feeling terrible. I guess that means it was working. I then travelled for work and spent quite a bit of time in a car with a client who subsequently tested positive…but I’ve been negative in the 5 tests I’ve had since.

Double vaxxed young Pakistani taxi driver was telling me he wont have the booster cos it's killing people. I guess the fake news and whatnot on social media is a factor.

I think there's various elements to it but even places with good first jab rates have had fairly low booster rates. As for most of inner London, its shockingly low.

Pretty much as a rule tho the more deprived an area the lower the booster uptake. Also younger urban areas are lower. Also areas with a lot of ethnic minorities. But almost everywhere there is a big chunk of kinda blasé macho type thinkers who are def not having the booster, double jabbed is enough etc. Regionally the North West seems to have low uptake too compared to SW England where I am.

That BBC article is lazy tho. UK/England uptake use a different metric to local areas so Newcastle and the UK cant be directly compared. Newcastle, Leeds, Hull, Durham etc can be though.

Last edited:
One of my friends in France explained to me that they hadn't had any of the jabs.

He said, they weren't properly tested
The majority of deaths were of people with covid, not because of covid
Despite having various vaccinations as a child he wasn't convinced this time

My response was that by taking the jabs I was less likely to end up in intensive care

He preferred to take his chances

Has anyone seen anything about the next booster? Is there going to be a next booster? Are they tweaking them for new variants? For reasons I'm getting reminders for shots I've had already and I'm wondering whether to take it up regardless as I had my booster in November.

Last time I checked they had announced another booster for people 75 and over and those with conditions that left them especially vulnerable. Starting in some weeks time. I'm not sure they have revealed their intentions in regards other age groups yet.

No jabs
Bummer that jabbed people are getting it.
I got it, and two negative tests.
I try to social distance more.
I think there is something funny about the whole thing, I didn't believe it til I got it.
I can't wear a mask.
I'm exempt from them, gonna hand in my exemption jab form to GP eventually.
Autistic spectrum.

I’m going for my dose 4 (second booster) later today. Not sure which one they will give, but I’ll be surprised if it’s not Pfizer as that’s what I’ve had every time up until now. I’m getting it on the basis of being immune compromised because of the high dose cortisone pills I’m on.

If there’s any side effects worth mentioning I’ll try to remember to post here, but I’ve had no problems with the previous three shots, so hoping and expecting this one will be the same.

They ended up giving quite a lot of Moderna as boosters by a certain stage of the previous booster campaign, so dont be too surprised if they give you that one instead.

On Friday had a fourth vaccine - either Moderna (original) or Moderna (omnicron variant) as in a trial. Had AZ x2 and Pfizer previously. Have to report temp and any side effects - slightly tired which may be due to it but otherwise fine.

Ditto !

And although my arm is no more sore than for my Pfizer booster, I was way more tired thatn with any of the other jags and had a slightly raised temperature yesterday, but not so tired this morning [and temp back to around normal].

Last edited:
Ditto !

And although my arm is no more sore than for my Pfizer booster, I was way more tired thatn with any of the other jags and had a slightly raised temperature yesterday, but not so tired this morning [and temp back to around normal].

Similar reactions from the other three people I know that are on this trial ...

komodo - how are you doing with this trial ?
Little or no side-affects ?
I've had a couple of follow-up 'phone calls, and I have an in-clinic visit soon.

Apologies, I've not following this thread very thoroughly ... :oops:

But a question : When are people who are 'category 6' (that is vunerable with an 'underlying condition', but not ultra-vulnerable) due to have a further booster-jab (fourth overall)??

My last (booster)-jab was back on 1st November last year!
I was, while 100% symptom-free, PCR-tested Covid-positive (when recently in hosapital -- it was apparantly the very tail-end of an old infection, and counted as 'Low Covid'.

I don't really know whether or not NHS Wales policy this year's boosters (do they even exist?) differs from in NHS England?

Cheers, helpful Urbans! :)

Back
Top Bottom