Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Have you had your booster jab (jag) ?

Have you ? Please change votes when you do ...

• Not yet

Votes: 27 9.5%
  • Yes - Pfizer

Votes: 169 59.7%
  • Yes - Moderna

Votes: 78 27.6%
  • Yes - Oxford / Astra Zenicac

Votes: 4 1.4%
  • Yes - other vaccine

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not having one

Votes: 5 1.8%
  • comedy option ...

Votes: 4 1.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Because of my work I'm often travelling on public transport, at least once a month. How soon is a second booster likely to be available for 35yo males in England who are not clinically vulnerable?

Because of my work I'm often travelling on public transport, at least once a month. How soon is a second booster likely to be available for 35yo males in England who are not clinically vulnerable?

There are no plans for it. The central scenarios that the NHS has been asked to plan for range for an autumn booster for priority groups 1 to 6 in a best case scenario, and groups 1-9 in a worst case scenario.

These are the groups: COVID-19 vaccination first phase priority groups

So no second boosters planned for the under 50s who don’t have the specified health conditions.

However they have also been tasked with making plans to expand the rollout to the general population within two weeks should it be deemed necessary, but I don’t see that happening unless there is either a new nasty variant or some sort of highly surprising rapid drop-off in protection against hospitalisation for otherwise healthy triple-jabbed people.

Well, there’s scant evidence at the moment that a second booster will help much if you’re young and not immune compromised etc. It will likely boost your antibody levels for a few weeks, temporarily reducing your chance of getting infected, but it’s not going to make an order of magnitude difference.

Personal opinion here ...

I do think that if someone wants / thinks they need another "booster" this spring then it should be available to them, no matter what their age / clinical vulnerability / health status.
It wouldn't be a huge number, probably because so many people are now fatalistic about "If I'm going to get it, so what / I already had it" that they are no longer taking even basic precautions, most people wouldn't take up the offer !

How soon is a second booster likely to be available for 35yo males in England who are not clinically vulnerable?
Perhaps later in the autumn this year. Or not at all.

Wear a properly fitted FFP3 on public transport if that is of concern.

I’m pretty sure it should be based on clinical need, given the resourcing problems and the staff that the vaccine rollout diverts from other areas. They shouldn’t need to plan for an unknown number of worried but healthy twenty-somethings turning out.

I’m pretty sure it should be based on clinical need, given the resourcing problems and the staff that the vaccine rollout diverts from other areas. They shouldn’t need to plan for an unknown number of worried but healthy twenty-somethings turning out.
It's not [usually] the twenty-somethings that are worried about the risks of covid, I don't expect them to line up ! It has not been easy to get everyone in the younger age groups to have even the second and third jags. [whole UK booster is still under 70% of the eligible population, for example].

But, there are a significant number of somewhat older people with serious worries, enough to be affecting their mental health - it is those groups that I am advocating should be getting a spring booster.

e2a as a ps - it is not as though we don't have a stockpile of jags, is it ?
[ones that will be expiring soon and can't, for that reason, be decanted into the covax scheme]

I expect the vast number of people who have caught it this year also factors into their calculation and attitude towards more vaccines over the next months.

Standard booster (third dose) today (prior AM pretty much complete, boost circulating antibodies for incipient BA.5.x and complete further AM cycle by the time a bivalent arrives).

I expect the vast number of people who have caught it this year also factors into their calculation and attitude towards more vaccines over the next months.
The effect of such calculations on complacent thinking really ought to be much less than I was getting at when I wrote that post, given some of the research that indicated that catching Omicron wasnt doing a great job of boosting immunity.

Jab 5 yesterday.
Was full of energy prior to getting this.
Energy dropped / crashed around 2pm yesterday and I have slept mostly since. Some aches pains headache...but the weirdest thing is brain fog. Got up to maje a cup of tea. It took me forever...dropped the spoon 6 times..spilled milk.
Just want to sleep for the day now.
Pposting as a record for myself as well as sharing.

Slept a lot yesterday.
I had a bit of a skin problem on my face prior to the vaxx...But since the vaxx I've broken out in a lupus rash..
Full on since around midday yesterday. Pissed off.
Also not up to much. Not much energy. I started trying to hoover today and stopped after 5 mins.
Had to sit down.
I cant say this is caused by the vaxx but its fucking timing is really pissing me off.
Oh...and I am grumpy as hell.
😡

Slept a lot yesterday.
I had a bit of a skin problem on my face prior to the vaxx...But since the vaxx I've broken out in a lupus rash..
Full on since around midday yesterday. Pissed off.
Also not up to much. Not much energy. I started trying to hoover today and stopped after 5 mins.
Had to sit down.
I cant say this is caused by the vaxx but its fucking timing is really pissing me off.
Oh...and I am grumpy as hell.
😡
Not loving it for what you are going through..
Full sympathy with that..
Loving the grumpy bit..

Just had a text through from the docs. Jab 4 imminent.

Pleased about this - the amount of people off sick with Covid just now is shocking.
I wonder when I will get mine - last had one in November.

I cycled to my sister's Sunday - niece and her son had recently had it.
I made a point of meeting up with them in the back garden via the gate and somehow managed to not need a pee - thus avoiding the embarrassment of masking up full FFP2 to go in their house ... especially since they have a Ukranian couple and their son staying ...

Not that. to be honest, getting boosted would change that for me.
Somehow my BIL has never caught it and his health is not good ...

Under-50s noth other wise eligible can buy a flu jab for £16.99 from Boots. Hopefully pharmacies will be allowed to offer a similar service to for the covid jab, although I'm not holding out much hope.

I've had a text from both the health authority and the GP asking me to book a date for the booster.

I am over 50 and that is the only category in which I qualify for a booster at all - but I thought they were starting with care home residents, over-75s, people with health conditions which put them at risk etc.

Anyone else? Text is badly written and I am paranoid about clicking on scam links!

I think it's probably genuine, but just wondered if anybody else had had the invitation sooner than expected. Especially if you are in lewisham (sic).

I had an invitation today, by text, for my 4fh jab. Booked it for next week.

It came through as part of the same text conversation as my last booster - in 2021 - oryx, and led me to the .gov.uk website to make the appointment. Afaics, mine is genuine. I'm over 50, and not got much else to qualify me.

Back
Top Bottom