Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Which jab did you have - Astra Zeneca or Pfizer? And what side effects?

What jab? What side effects?

• I had the Pfizer

Votes: 66 18.6%
  • I had the Astra Zeneca

Votes: 125 35.2%
  • I don't know what I had

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Pfizer + no side effects

Votes: 65 18.3%
  • Pfizer + some side effects lasting less than/about 48 hours

Votes: 38 10.7%
  • Pfizer + side effects lasting more than 2 days

Votes: 6 1.7%
  • AZ + no side effects

Votes: 51 14.4%
  • AZ + some side effects lasting less than/about 48 hours

Votes: 121 34.1%
  • AZ + side effects lasting more than 2 days

Votes: 37 10.4%
  • Something else (explain yourself)

Votes: 13 3.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I've ticked Pfizer no side effects because I didn't feel ill or anything but mine was a little odd.

I had a sore arm for a couple of days immediately after and then a week later, the injection site turned into a hot, red, itchy lump that went down after a few days.

Last edited:
I had first dose of Pfizer just before Christmas.
Slightly sore arm.....then 3 weeks later crazy extreme eczema behind my knees and fatigue. Havent had eczema for over a decade...

My colleague experienced the same and had an extreme psoriasis flare up.

I feel that the fact that the vaccine does not kick in for 21 days or so (unprotected till then) is related. Afaic my body was displaying an immune response which is what is wanted.

Comparing side effects with colleagues dependent on what vaccine they have had (taking into account diversity) it seems as though those that had the astra zeneca had a more extreme response directly after it being administered- flue like symptoms and general roughness for 24 hours.
Definitely Psorasis and recently it has been discovered Eczema are auto-immune diseases so flare ups with immune systems revving up makes sense. Disclaimer, I'm not qualified to make such statements but makes sense to me.

So far I have only heard of people getting Pfizer so, I felt mildly disappointed when I was told mine was the "Oxford" this morning. This must be the nick name (that I was unaware of) for Astra Zeneca. Got it at roughly 10am. Didn't feel a thing.
The nurse told me she had it and had a sore as hell arm for three days, got really tired and fell asleep at 3pm.
So far I have felt absolutely no side effects whatsoever, not even a tender or sore arm.

I don't know which one my dad had, but he nearly had to go to hospital after his, got really ill quite fast and didn't eat for a couple of days.

.. so, I felt mildly disappointed when I was told mine was the "Oxford" this morning. This must be the nick name (that I was unaware of) for Astra Zeneca. Got it at roughly 10am. Didn't feel a thing.
I was pleased when I found I was getting the Oxford Astra Zeneca vaccine, it is far more reasonably priced, developed in Oxford, and in trials no one given the vaccine was admitted to hospital with Covid-19. No one!

The fella (works as a carer) had the AZ one, and in all the 20 + years I've known him, I've never known him to be that ill. Was fine for 12 hours, woke up shaking in the night, freezing cold, feverish, flu-like (covid-like, as Edie says), massively fatigued, really sore arm. He had to take the next day off sick, has never done that before, and it took him 4 days to start feeling 100% again. Really shocked me tbh, he has the constitution of a tank normally.

AZ - no issues same day
noticeably tired for a couple of days afterwards
the arm was fine - made sue to have the injection in the arm on the opposite side to which I sleep, just in case

I'm really surprised so many people here have had the vaccine already [not an anti vaxx post]
Is it a combo of age/occupation/CEV?

Probably... I think we have quite a few public sector/health workers, goes with the leftish vibe. And the main membership has been around a while, so we inevitably skew older than we did 10-20 years ago, which means more people who are just old, and more people with recognised health conditions.

Nickname? :facepalm:

Oxford University developed it, I can't believe anyone is unware of that, Astra Zeneca manufactures it.
I say nick name because it was called the 'Oxford' when I went in, but when I was given the official card and name it was Astra Zeneca. I know why it is called both, but I have only heard it called Oxford.

I'm really surprised so many people here have had the vaccine already [not an anti vaxx post]
Underlying for me, neutropenia, super low immune system. Most places are on level 6 now which is 16-60something with underlying conditions.

Probably... I think we have quite a few public sector/health workers, goes with the leftish vibe. And the main membership has been around a while, so we inevitably skew older than we did 10-20 years ago, which means more people who are just old, and more people with recognised health conditions.
I was surprised to get the text inviting me to make an appointment because I am 56 and I thought they were doing people between 60-70 at the moment.

The only thing I can think is that my bipolar diagnosis might have been looked on as an underlying condition which might have been the reason I was brought forward.

Anyhow I had always thought I would wait for my turn, it came slightly sooner than I had expected.

I was surprised to get the text inviting me to make an appointment because I am 56 and I thought they were doing people between 60-70 at the moment.

The only thing I can think is that my bipolar diagnosis might have been looked on as an underlying condition which might have been the reason I was brought forward.

Anyhow I had always thought I would wait for my turn, it came slightly sooner than I had expected.

Serious mental health diagnosis definitely puts you up the list, it's been covered in the news lots recently.

Oh, ok, I hadn't heard that ..

Also there's a little bit of flexibility of the categories from some places who are giving the vaccine, and also if they have small numbers of patients in their area (usually a few GP surgeries together in an area) then they're moving down the categories quicker than others might be.

Glad you got it whatever the reason! :thumbs:

From what I've heard from colleagues the 2nd AZ one is the worst
Bugger. Because I’ve just had 2nd Oxford/AZ (rushed after 28 days on the dot cos of brain surgery). Plus I’ve had covid. So fingers crossed I don’t feel under the weather tomorrow.
The fella (works as a carer) had the AZ one, and in all the 20 + years I've known him, I've never known him to be that ill. Was fine for 12 hours, woke up shaking in the night, freezing cold, feverish, flu-like (covid-like, as Edie says), massively fatigued, really sore arm. He had to take the next day off sick, has never done that before, and it took him 4 days to start feeling 100% again. Really shocked me tbh, he has the constitution of a tank normally.
Bloody hell. You and killer b other halves experiences are showing the Oxford/AZ hits some people hard!

Do we think having a noticeable immune response (fever, malaise) means it’s working better? I had low grade 37.7oC with my first dose, which is exactly the same as I was for first five days of covid before I nosedived with the pneumonia.

(incidentally, I sent a ty letter to Yorkshire Ambulance Service after, and they replied and apparently my temperature was 40.6, sats dropping to 88%, and my BP 90/60 when they took me in!).

Back
Top Bottom