Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Possible serious side effects from the Astra Zeneca vaccine discussion

Any news on any of this, link or not beesonthewhatnow?

Some new info on the mRNA vaccines and myocarditis and pericarditis risks here:

I’ve not been told anything yet, but I’m not asking either. Time will tell I guess.

A blood test can totally rule out or confirm that it’s a serious reaction to AZ that’s making a person unwell?

Friend was just advised by 111 to go to a & e to rule it out.

Too many variables in that question tbh (what kind of unwell is the big one) also variables in when jab was, their underlying health conditions, history, etc. to give a clear yes or no.

There's a blood test for thrombocytopenia which is what gets looked for if thinking VITT related to the AZ vaccine though.

The closest answer to 'yes' that is sensible to give to that particular question is that the clotting & stroke problems manifest themselves in a rather specific way, its quite a specific condition, very similar to something else that they've seen in particular non-vaccine circumstances in the past, and they do know what to look for when it comes to that.

Thank you. She had her second jab on Wednesday last week, been complaining of headache since Sunday, seemingly not helped by paracetamol. and pins & needles but she gets that when stressed.
She is the one who was immensely anxious about this blood clot risk in the first place so I do think (and hope obvs) that a blood test will be able to totally reassure her that it isn’t That.

Thank you. She had her second jab on Saturday, been complaining of headache since Sunday, seemingly not helped by paracetamol. and pins & needles but she gets that when stressed.
She is the one who was immensely anxious about this in the first place so I do think (and hope obvs) that a blood test will be able to totally reassure her that it isn’t That.

As elbows says it's low blood platelet levels they are looking for, hence A&E doing a blood test on me, a couple of weeks ago, and a follow-up sample taken at the GP's yesterday.

I fully support nurses who don't want the vaccine. I believe it is a game changer for vulnerable adults which can see us out of the pandemic but as it stands it goes against the nmc guidelines for administration of medicines and patient care. I would never give it to a healthy person unless they gave consent. I think the coersion at the moment breaks the code of conduct.

Did that come out of your head unprovoked, or were you referring to something relevant? What goes against the NMC guidelines? Who is being coerced? People have to give their consent to have the vaccine. What are you actually on about?

Did that come out of your head unprovoked, or were you referring to something relevant? What goes against the NMC guidelines? Who is being coerced? People have to give their consent to have the vaccine. What are you actually on about?
Nurses getting phoned every day and relentless fear mongering in the media. You are one of them with your posts dismissing side effects consistently on this board too.

Nurses getting phoned every day and relentless fear mongering in the media. You are one of them with your posts dismissing side effects consistently on this board too.
Getting phoned every day means phoned up by someone pressurising them get vaccinated?

There has been plenty of discussion about how risk is assessed and is much less than the risk of bad outcomes from actually getting covid.

Reactions: LDC

You're the first person to have mentioned nurses being phoned every day about getting the vaccine, and I've not seen it anywhere else, and I follow this stuff pretty closely. Have you got a reliable source of that happening? And isn't just someone being called a couple of times and being engaged in discussion as to why they're not having it, as that is common practice for GPs to do that to see why some patients have yet to be vaccinated, and to check there's not some service access problem as the reason.

The side effects thing has been discussed plenty, and the official advice is right, people (especially those working in health and social care) should get the vaccine.

You're the first person to have mentioned nurses being phoned every day about getting the vaccine, and I've not seen it anywhere else, and I follow this stuff pretty closely. Have you got a reliable source of that happening? And isn't just someone being called a couple of times and being engaged in discussion as to why they're not having it, as that is common practice for GPs to do that to see why some patients have yet to be vaccinated, and to check there's not some service access problem as the reason.

The side effects thing has been discussed plenty, and the official advice is right, people (especially those working in health and social care) should get the vaccine.
Complience was thin after the initial uptake but then a young nurse lost her arm to blood clots and they are desperate so ringing people constantly.

Well i am in a&e to have my low platelet count checked out, could be to do with az jab
Unless you're the same person, this happened to an aquaintance of mine, several days in hospital, went home, platelets count went down - they're back in hospital again.

Complience was thin after the initial uptake but then a young nurse lost her arm to blood clots and they are desperate so ringing people constantly.

Maybe you could you try and write in something approaching normal sentences, and with evidence for your claims? You write like a Russian bot on valium.

Compliance is thin? Among healthcare workers, or specifically nurses? Have you got a news report about the nurse losing an arm due to vaccine induced blood clots then? Has that had more of an impact in poor vaccine uptake than the deaths? And who is 'they'?

Unless you're the same person, this happened to an aquaintance of mine, several days in hospital, went home, platelets count went down - they're back in hospital again.

Not me, I wasn't admitted, blood test came back & my platelet levels were normal.

Back
Top Bottom