Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Which jab did you have - Astra Zeneca or Pfizer? And what side effects?

What jab? What side effects?

• I had the Pfizer

Votes: 66 18.6%
  • I had the Astra Zeneca

Votes: 125 35.2%
  • I don't know what I had

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Pfizer + no side effects

Votes: 65 18.3%
  • Pfizer + some side effects lasting less than/about 48 hours

Votes: 38 10.7%
  • Pfizer + side effects lasting more than 2 days

Votes: 6 1.7%
  • AZ + no side effects

Votes: 51 14.4%
  • AZ + some side effects lasting less than/about 48 hours

Votes: 121 34.1%
  • AZ + side effects lasting more than 2 days

Votes: 37 10.4%
  • Something else (explain yourself)

Votes: 13 3.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Thanks Sue/elbows - it hasn’t got any worse today, just stabilised and looks weird, never experienced anything like that before, so tempting to attribute cause to vaccine but who knows - probably not blood clot related but some other weird side effect - noticed story about a women in her 30’s who had both legs completely covered in these things after AZ and was in wheelchair for weeks, my stuff is very minor in comparison
Definitely worth getting it checked out to be on the safe side. Can you get to A & E or if you don't feel it's that urgent, get a GP appointment?

I cant wade through 54 pages so please accept my apologies if this has been posted before.

A friend of mine who works for the NHS said I should report my back issues to the Yellow Card scheme which id never heard of , so here is the link if anyone needs it

Last edited:
I cant wade through 54 pages so please accept my apologies if this has been posted before.

A friend of mine who works for the NHS said I should report my back issues to the Yellow Card scheme which id never heard of , so here is the link if anyone needs it

The Yellow Card scheme was listed on the leaflet I got after my first jab, but I guess a lot of people don't bother reading that.

Good luck! Not that you'll need it I'm sure. I'm still feeling perfectly fine and normal, just a tiny bit of an ache in my arm around the spot where I was jabbed.
Ive been booking it and unbooking it for a couple of months now, waiting to be allowed the Pfizer. The rules changed here a few weeks ago so yeah. I don't really know anyone well in rl who's had any jab yet, so unsure what to expect. I'm hoping I'm good cos I had chosen to get it on a Friday so that I had the weekend if I was sick. But now I've got work tomorrow arvo for a few hours so am crossing my fingers. It's not the type of work I can just not turn up to.

Ive been booking it and unbooking it for a couple of months now, waiting to be allowed the Pfizer. The rules changed here a few weeks ago so yeah. I don't really know anyone well in rl who's had any jab yet, so unsure what to expect. I'm hoping I'm good cos I had chosen to get it on a Friday so that I had the weekend if I was sick. But now I've got work tomorrow arvo for a few hours so am crossing my fingers. It's not the type of work I can just not turn up to.

I didn't know what one I was going to be getting until I turned up today, but from friends who have also had Pfizer they've all had no side effects.

Plus I just spent an hour playing Wii Sports and still feel fine, so I'm sure you'll be good for work and anything else :thumbs:

I didn't know what one I was going to be getting until I turned up today, but from friends who have also had Pfizer they've all had no side effects.

Plus I just spent an hour playing Wii Sports and still feel fine, so I'm sure you'll be good for work and anything else :thumbs:

How you doing? I'm ten hours in with no side effects or sore arm yet :) I get the second one in 3 weeks time.

anyone experienced dizziness after AZ?

I'm 10 days after second jab and as well as crappy feeling / headaches a lot of the time (i do get migraines as well and it has been a shit week at work) I have noticed slight dizziness / unsteadiness a few times.

Very nearly fell over getting something out of the fridge a few minutes ago...

:hmm:

anyone experienced dizziness after AZ?

I'm 10 days after second jab and as well as crappy feeling / headaches a lot of the time (i do get migraines as well and it has been a shit week at work) I have noticed slight dizziness / unsteadiness a few times.

Very nearly fell over getting something out of the fridge a few minutes ago...

:hmm:

It probably isn't anything to worry about, but it does sound like you need to call 111, just to be on the safe side.

Call 111 immediately if you get any of these symptoms starting from around 4 days to 4 weeks after being vaccinated:
  • a severe headache that is not relieved with painkillers or is getting worse
  • a headache that feels worse when you lie down or bend over
  • a headache that's unusual for you and occurs with blurred vision, feeling or being sick, problems speaking, weakness, drowsiness or seizures (fits)
  • a rash that looks like small bruises or bleeding under the skin
  • shortness of breath, chest pain, leg swelling or persistent abdominal (tummy) pain

LINK

It probably isn't anything to worry about, but it does sound like you need to call 111, just to be on the safe side.

thanks

i dealt with it in the traditional way of going back to bed for a few hours, and feel a bit less crap now. will seek medical advice if i'm still like this in a few more days

24 hours after jab 2 and I seem to be absolutely fine. Nothing beyond a sore arm yesterday which has gone, I did wake up in the night and felt like I was getting aching joints coming on (which I had after jab 1) but I took a couple of paracetamol and was fine this morning. Didn't sleep very well last night so I'm a bit tired but overall no major problems.

I`m off to get my first shot of Pfizer in 2 hours. Due to pre-existing health conditions I can get my jab before the old people, sorry old people :(
And I`m already scheduled to get my 2nd shot in 3 weeks time. I will update later to let you know if I died or not.

Back
Top Bottom