Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Vaccine trials

Fair enough. This is a forum about Covid-19. We have a forum for health matters.

Good luck Froggy and hope they pay you some decent money!
Because vaccines have been discussed a lot on this forum? I don't mind if it gets moved tho.

How is the ebola going?
Any bleeding from the eyes?
Rage and thirst for blood?
Mild soreness at injection site?

I don't know, it's done from the same method so I guess might complicate the results etc

Yeah, maybe they have concerns about immunity to the adenovirus vector messing with things.
I’d think this would be something they’ll get onto testing later. A lot of people have had the AZ Covid vaccine and they won’t want to be limited by that. Assuming they don’t already have data on that obv.

Aha so an AstraZeneca virgin ...:D
My first dose entertained me for 5 days off and on - but it manifested within a few hours.

As in 7 little vials or you got jabbed 7 times?

They did explain what it was for but I don't really understand why they have to take so much lol. I guess how many antibodies there are X number of weeks after the jab?

Kidneys, liver, clotting factors, sugar, full counts of each cell type, endocrine, immunology, gases, CR-P, thyroid yada yada...

Yeah some they said was for a safety thing, so if something was abnormal they'd tell me/the GP. I thought they were just looking at antibodies and t cells but I guess they need other things as well.

They did explain what it was for but I don't really understand why they have to take so much lol. I guess how many antibodies there are X number of weeks after the jab?

At this phase, some of the original 12 will be baseline measures of a load of things they might not expect to look at again, but that they may want to test again if you get a specific symptom.

That makes sense, I thought they were just looking at antibodies and t cells though. They said that we'd all get a copy of the paper that was written up on the vaccine at the end of the study.

That makes sense, I thought they were just looking at antibodies and t cells though. They said that we'd all get a copy of the paper that was written up on the vaccine at the end of the study.

It's testing immune response, but it's also testing safety, so they'll want evidence that it hasn't messed with anyone's liver, HbA1c, kidneys etc. etc. etc. by the end of the study.
They'll also be keeping an eye on platelets - that has been a marker for issues with the AZ vaccine iirc.

Back
Top Bottom