Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Should the Covid vaccine be mandatory?

Should the Covid vaccine be mandatory?

• Yes

• No

• Don't know

Results are only viewable after voting.
Well, thousands of hesitant care workers have already been coerced / forced into getting jabbed .. or they've quit. I for one will be very unimpressed if they u-turn on NHS staff. Where's the fucking solidarity? Nowhere. It becomes one rule for the private sector, another for the state provider. It's bullshit, and it will fuck up compliance within the private sector too, I expect.

It's the worst possible outcome IMO. Classic populist Johnson shite.

Staff laid off in the private sector will be allowed to return mojo pixy according to the torygraph article assuming they want to. I suspect many have found other work.

Absolutely shockingly bad decision and management of the whole thing if it gets dumped now. Fucking mess, will look like a victory for the anti-vax and libertarian crowd, not workers, and will not encourage vaccine uptake across staff or the wider population. Plus all the work and stress it's caused people working out what to do.

Staff laid off in the private sector will be allowed to return ... assuming they want to. I suspect many have found other work.
I'd be surprised if they will be allowed to, a lot of companies will keep their rule as it's been since before the law changed.

My point is, nobody gave a fuck about the staffing crisis in social care, but suddenly it's a problem in the NHS? It all looks a bit improvised to me. Which it always was, of course, but once again I'm seeing social care and the NHS being treated differently, staff in SC still on minimum wage despite the staffing crisis, and I'm sure Homecarers will still be included in this new escalation and its deadlines, where NHS staff are scrubbed off.

Second class citizens: social care staff. Now it's official policy, evidently. Not to mention patients / service users ffs.

It's not decided yet (although sounds like it will go tbh) and then the decision what to do with the social care rule is something else as well, and like mojo pixy says some employers brought it in before the government rule and might well keep it anyway.

If you had a plan to cause the most damage and bad feelings with this, this is the way you should do it. ffs.

I've worked in both mojo pixy I know exactly what you are talking about. However it's not a race to the bottom of a shitshow. You could I'm sure work for the NHS if you wanted. Hard to say that with a straight face as a better option. I would be bitter in your position and honestly NHS staff are bitter too after the last 2 years. .. solidarity at least in words x

Yeah, that seems very high to me. I'd like to know why they're not jabbed.

It's the same mix of reasons as the wider population I expect, plus the added bit about people refusing on the principle of being against mandatory aspect of it. Although to have got to the position of not being vaccinated by the time the mandatory stuff came about I expect there's actually other stuff underlying it as well.

Also they're using Omicron as an excuse for back peddling, whereas they've also been using Omicron as the reason for everyone to get jabbed the last months.
Fine. Thats where the science is. It takes a while to be discerned. But more is understood about omnicron than it was a month ago.

It's the same mix of reasons as the wider population I expect, plus the added bit about people refusing on the principle of being against mandatory aspect of it. Although to have got to the position of not being vaccinated by the time the mandatory stuff came about I expect there's actually other stuff underlying it as well.
ANd a myriad of personal paths that got each of them to where they are

I should think some people are using it as a means of being pushed (out of the NHS).

Slightly more sober reply.

Probably one of the more honest youtubes from Mr Benjmin which is why I posted it. Yep he is Alt-right, much like I would call this place Alt-left. And I checked this thread, that protest wasn't on radar here either. His 'Nazi 'call is a bit twisted. Like I said I'm jabbed and doing the sheilding for someone clinically vunerable and I can tell you among people in that position there equally fear. (understandably)

But he is right, those protests happened and MSM played it down. Personally wasn't aware of them til day after (though wouldn't have promoted or attended due to situation) But I will acknowledge they happened.

Alos from headlines, appears to have worked. Can't see global mandates holding with NHS onboard..

Don't really want to get into symantics on that one broad stroke painting rather than labelling. Not after a derail

Sure, yeah. I agree with the main point of substance - just wanted to mention in case you weren’t aware that there was already (contested) usage of the term.

Although you did use the term MSM* so someone will come along shortly and accuse you of being alt-right.

* - which I always mix up with Microsoft MSN

Last edited:
But he is right, those protests happened and MSM played it down. Personally wasn't aware of them til day after (though wouldn't have promoted or attended due to situation) But I will acknowledge they happened.
The non-"MSM" were claiming 50,000 trucks in the convoy "and a potential Guinness BOR prize" whereas it may have been a few hundred IN CANADA - where doubtless that would be a modest traffic jam.

Please don't post shite from the UK's would-be Alex Jones.

Last edited:
Sure, yeah. I agree with the main point of substance - just wanted to mention in case you weren’t aware that there was already (contested) usage of the term.

Although you did use the term MSM* so someone will come along shortly and accuse you of being alt-right.

* - which I always mix up with Microsoft MSN
Oh god , now you done Bill Gates:D

I have a neighbour opposite with COPD who's been locked in her house for two years and I have watched far too many people visit her without masks whenever the government says it's "OK". I'm always pleasantly surprised when the ambulances actually bring her home.
Personally, even just being retired I'm amazed at people choosing not to get vaccinated - let alone those working in places where they're more likely to be exposed and expose the vulnerable ...

The non-"MSM" were claiming 50,000 trucks in the convoy "and a potential Guinness BOR prize" whereas it may have been a few hundred IN CANADA - where doubtless that would be a modest traffic jam.

Please don't post shite from the UK's would-be Alex Jones.
Good comparison. And as a rule usually don't. How Alex Jones survived the bit where he had a 2month lead time ofn the crap he sells and was thinking about eating his neigbour I don't know

Seems to me these NHS workers should just get vaccinated if they don't have any genuine health reasons not to. Also strikes me that they really don't seem to give a crap about those in their care . And I am aware that the NHS is in a critical state. This just makes it all worse though :(

I have a neighbour opposite with COPD who's been locked in her house for two years and I have watched far too many people visit her without masks whenever the government says it's "OK". I'm always pleasantly surprised when the ambulances actually bring her home.
Personally, even just being retired I'm amazed at people choosing not to get vaccinated - let alone those working in places where they're more likely to be exposed and expose the vulnerable ...
On the flip side know a couple of anti vaccers and they they do raise legitimate points when I talk to them. I am scared for them too.

Seems to me these NHS workers should just get vaccinated if they don't have any genuine health reasons not to. Also strikes me that they really don't seem to give a crap about those in their care.

Well yes, that's what I think, I mean also with the population as a whole.

But the reality of people and their reasons for not being vaccinated is much more complicated, and the second sentence doesn't take that into account at all, is too simplistic, not true, and also a bit insulting to plenty of NHS and social care workers.

Back
Top Bottom