Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The Extremely Vulnerable Group post vaccine

I’ve not had any tests through the post despite having the fourth booster letter etc.

Not end of the world to me as I’ve had corona and it was an inconvience rather than life threatening.

Currently sat in a cafe and half the punters are coughing and look ill

It is important to report a positive test online. Since testing positive a few days ago, I've had a few texts and phone calls from the NHS. After going though my health and medication, thoroughly, twice, they couriered me out some anti virals later that night. They are supposed to reduce my chance of hospitalisation or death by about 90%. It needs to be done quickly and the drugs are not without side effects.
Congratulations on getting the anti-virals in time as it seems to be a bit of a postcode lottery. I had a similar experience a couple of months ago but the Welsh health service were totally fucking useless.

Last edited:
I've been so worried for two years about my son getting covid. He's on cosynstex, which is an immunosuppressant. He's had some pretty serious illnesses over the years because of this.

He finally caught it a few weeks ago and was just unwell for around ten days, nothing he had to even see a doctor for. That was such a relief.

I've been so worried for two years about my son getting covid. He's on cosynstex, which is an immunosuppressant. He's had some pretty serious illnesses over the years because of this.

He finally caught it a few weeks ago and was just unwell for around ten days, nothing he had to even see a doctor for. That was such a relief.

That is a massive relief.

I'm possibly going to be included in the 5th vaccine / 2nd booster rollout here.
Cocoon status.... entering year 3 now.

I definitely think I am well suited to space travel for years.

My 14 y/o niece who has ? Brittle asthma, EPI-pen level allergies and is hospitalised at least once a winter with pulmonary issues was the focus of the families shielding campaign and the biggest worry out of all of us

She refused the vaccination and tested positive for corona last month, had bugger all symptoms and gave us a massive “Told you so” which was a relief

First day out in the real world again was yesterday. 😄
(I literally had no option.)
Went to town. Walked 3 blocks from the only car space I could find, to the pharmacy. I wore a mask all time. It was a surprise to me to be the only person wearing one.
I got to the pharmacy and there were 2 customers inside. One was a man who was not wearing a mask. He was coughing and sneezing and choking up phlegm...pretty gross.
I got such a fright I left and stood outside the window. The man left and right on the path in front of me spat out a glob of phlegm.
It really was unsettling.

Got the phone out and phoned the pharmacist. (I've known him since my early 20s). He came out and brought me in another door into his office.
When the business was done and I had all dads meds and knew how to administer the new antibiotics.. I set off back to the car.
I did feel a bit self conscious but...it was ok.
I think I might be more mentally prepared to go out a bit more in future.

First day out in the real world again was yesterday. 😄
(I literally had no option.)
Went to town. Walked 3 blocks from the only car space I could find, to the pharmacy. I wore a mask all time. It was a surprise to me to be the only person wearing one.
I got to the pharmacy and there were 2 customers inside. One was a man who was not wearing a mask. He was coughing and sneezing and choking up phlegm...pretty gross.
I got such a fright I left and stood outside the window. The man left and right on the path in front of me spat out a glob of phlegm.
It really was unsettling.

Got the phone out and phoned the pharmacist. (I've known him since my early 20s). He came out and brought me in another door into his office.
When the business was done and I had all dads meds and knew how to administer the new antibiotics.. I set off back to the car.
I did feel a bit self conscious but...it was ok.
I think I might be more mentally prepared to go out a bit more in future.
Welcome back to the world. It's a ball.

Back
Top Bottom