Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What stupid shit has Trump done today?

At best, it will ruin his chances of being reelected.

You’ve got it the wrong way around, all these utter shit attempts to remove Trump by the Dems simply increase the chances of him being re-elected.

But they are so thunder thick stupid, they can’t see it.

I like Mayor Pete Buttigieg, but being that he's gay, it is going to be a problem for some. He's seems to the most stable and he's also well educated. That would be nice, to have an educated President again, not this illiterate spoiled child we have now! The dumb fuck can't even read.

At best, it will ruin his chances of being reelected. Let's hope!

could be. he'll be stigmatized even if he's acquitted. he lost the vote last time and it would take only a few 10,000s in the right places for him to lose the electoral college.

could be. he'll be stigmatized even if he's acquitted. he lost the vote last time and it would take only a few 10,000s in the right places for him to lose the electoral college.
Thing is his numbers don’t move with his base. And the Republicans have gerrymandered so effectively they can lose the popular vote and still win. I saw this Joe Rogan interview with one of my favourite journalists, Matt Taibbi. Taibbi basically states that Trump’s appeal to his base is the normalization of things like racism and homophobia. Prejudice in general. He’s saying to them ‘Yes! Be a bigot! This is your safe space!!’. Hard to reach out to people like that.

Thing is his numbers don’t move with his base. And the Republicans have gerrymandered so effectively they can lose the popular vote and still win. I saw this Joe Rogan interview with one of my favourite journalists, Matt Taibbi. Taibbi basically states that Trump’s appeal to his base is the normalization of things like racism and homophobia. Prejudice in general. He’s saying to them ‘Yes! Be a bigot! This is your safe space!!’. Hard to reach out to people like that.

but they're not the ones you need to reach. they're unmovable, but there is a cadre of voters who took a flyer on trump, if for no other reason than that h. clinton was such a hard pill to swallow, who are not part of that base and can be moved, for Trump's sleazebaggery or for the fact that they lost their jobs while mr "voice of the working man" continues to live the high life on the golf course.

the anti-trump lot are jacked up.too, and this won't hurt:

but they're not the ones you need to reach. they're unmovable, but there is a cadre of voters who took a flyer on trump, if for no other reason than that h. clinton was such a hard pill to swallow, who are not part of that base and can be moved, for Trump's sleazebaggery or for the fact that they lost their jobs while mr "voice of the working man" continues to live the high life on the golf course.

Apologies. I get frustrated with politics sometimes (and i love it too!). It’s funny how much the right hate democracy. They put every barrier between those it could benefit the most they can. So yeah. More voter registration. In the US, Canada and the UK.

That's the best use for Mr. Bloomberg that I can think of. He should concentrate on that rather than run for President. If he runs he'll be so controversial within Democratic circles that it will divide the party, at the worst time possible.

This looks really bad for Trump but the FULL transcript of the call is required to get this in the bag.
One nice thing is poor old Rudy is catching the blame so he's going to be messed up in large ways. What this needs now is charges against the idiot lawyer and see if he's willing to take the fall for Trump.
Frankly and hopefully, a git like him is likely to turn queen's evidence in the hope of getting off light.

That's what Trumpists keep saying, if they had to support a Dem it would be Gabbard. I wonder why?

Because she doesn’t allow Hillary Clinton to indulge in tinfoil conspiracy theories?

She served in the military?

There’s two I can think of.

Because she doesn’t allow Hillary Clinton to indulge in tinfoil conspiracy theories?

Here's some more

She has allied herself with dictators like Bashar al-Assad, whom she once said was “not an enemy of the United States.” She has attacked the media, calling CNN “totally despicable” and accusing the New York Times of smearing her reputation. In the past, in a position on which she has allegedly evolved, Representative Gabbard has come out against both same-sex marriage and same-sex civil unions. These are conservative positions, more closely aligned with the current administration than with the Democratic Party’s platform

Opinion: Tulsi Gabbard is clearly planning to run for president — but not as a Democrat

The right doesn't care about people who served in the military. For years, the candidates they have put forward for President are draft dodgers. The current one has repeatedly slandered people who are better than him--people who served rather then get daddy to pay a doctor to pretend he had bone spurs. They've even gone after, Tammy Duckworth, a double amputee, when she was running for the Senate:

As a Marine Corps veteran of the war in Iraq, I’ve been on the edge of my seat following the Illinois Senate race between two veteran contenders. The number of veterans serving in the U.S. Congress is at an all-time low, so it’s refreshing to see veterans campaigning for an opportunity to continue their service to our country. But, I’m increasingly dismayed by the track record of Sen. Mark Kirk and recent actions he and his billionaire backers have taken to try and secure his re-election.

Instead of sticking to the issues that matter to Illinois voters — including the more than 700,000 veterans who call Illinois home — Sen. Kirk is waging a smear campaign on the reputation and service of our fellow veteran, Rep. Tammy Duckworth. It’s disgraceful.

Duckworth is a decorated combat veteran who has sacrificed greatly for our country. When a rocket-propelled grenade hit her helicopter in Iraq, she lost her legs and the partial use of one of her arms. But she didn’t let it stop her service. During the year she spent recovering in Walter Reed National Military Medical Center, she decided she was going to make it her mission to help her fellow veterans. Or, as she tells it, pay back the debt of gratitude she owes to her buddies who carried her bleeding from the battlefield.

https://thesouthern.com/news/opinio...cle_a12d09ef-a34f-5792-993c-e05c95354a3f.html

Now they go after Vindman, as they've gone after the service records of so many others when it suits their agendas.

On Monday night's episode of Laura Ingraham's Fox News show, former deputy attorney general John Yoo breezily suggested that Vindman could be guilty of "espionage" and might be a double agent. Over on CNN, former Wisconsin congressman Sean Duffy said of Vindman, who was born in Ukraine, "I don't know that he's concerned about American policy." He added, "We all have an affinity to our homeland where we came from."

While it seems like an absurd claim, attacking veterans has become a common tactic for GOP operatives. Veterans and their families make useful props at the State of the Union, but they're not off limits to attack if there are political points to score from it.

During his presidential campaign, Trump frequently denigrated veterans and their families, like Gold Star parents Khizr and Ghazala Khan, parents of Humayun Khan, 27-year-old Army captain who died in a car bombing in 2004. They spoke at the 2016 Democratic National Convention in 2016, responding to Trump's repeated promises to ban Muslims from entering the U.S. Khizr accused Trump of never sacrificing anything in his entire life, and he asked, rhetorically, if Trump had ever read the Constitution. Trump replied by claiming he's made "a lot of sacrifices." For evidence, he said, "I’ve created thousands and thousands of jobs," which is indicative of running a business and not much else. The then-presidential nominee also suggested that Ghazala Khan was silent during her husband's speech because "she wasn’t allowed to have anything to say."

Alexander Vindman and a Brief History of the GOP Smearing Veterans

So spare me the line that conservatives care about military people.

And then there's the deportation of veterans and/or their families:

A new government report claims at least 250 U.S. military veterans have been placed in immigration removal proceedings over the last six years. The report found that immigration officials don't follow their own policies for handling cases of U.S. veterans.

Miguel Pérez Jr. is one of them. The Chicago soldier was among the first troops deployed to Afghanistan following the 9/11 terrorist attacks. Now he's one of dozens of deported veterans who say they have been exiled from the country they fought for.

Deported Veterans Say They've Been Betrayed

The Trump administration wants to scale back a program that protects undocumented family members of active-duty troops from being deported, according to attorneys familiar with those plans.

The attorneys are racing to submit applications for what is known as parole in place after hearing from the wives and loved ones of deployed soldiers who have been told that option is "being terminated."

The protections will only be available under rare circumstances, the lawyers said they've been told.

"It's going to create chaos in the military," said Margaret Stock, an immigration attorney who represents recruits and veterans in deportation proceedings. "The troops can't concentrate on their military jobs when they're worried about their family members being deported."

NPR Choice page

Would you like me to continue?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom