Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What stupid shit has Trump done today?

Food stamp funding extended amid shutdown, but only through February

In September 2018, the last month for which data is available, $4.7 billion in SNAP benefits were disbursed throughout every state. If the shutdown continues through March, there will be no remaining funding for SNAP, endangering food security for millions of Americans.

According to the nonpartisan Center on Budget and Policy Priorities, 42 million Americans received SNAP benefits in 2017. More than 68 percent of participants were in families with children, and more than 44 percent were in working families.

Other programs were in even more immediate danger than SNAP. The Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations and the Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children (WIC) were not receiving federal funds at all during the shutdown, but "can continue to operate at the State and local level with any funding and commodity resources that remain available," according to the USDA in December.

In the first five months of 2018, around 7 million Americans received WIC benefits each month. WIC is provided for pregnant, postpartum and breastfeeding women, infants, and children up to age 5 who fall within the poverty index and are at "nutritional risk."

So people were okay with incarcerating children at the border. Time to move on to starving your own people. Maybe he picked up that idea from his BFF Kim Jong Un!

I often wonder how ludicrous Trump's tweets will eventually become. We seem to have become accustomed to his petulance, childishness and sheer riduclosity as though this was in some way acceptable.

Will he start posting pictures of dicks? If he did would people's reactions simply be "meh"...?

Reactions: CRI
Fucking Hell. Shouldn't be surprised by this, but Trump actually went out of his way to try and put Pelosi and the delegation (as well as other ordinary passengers on the commercial flight) in danger.

This goes beyond pettiness and spite, to actually trying to get a rivals killed.

(This thread is from Congresswoman Pelosi's Deputy Chief of Staff.)

upload_2019-1-18_15-28-21.png

Fuck me - that video of her arrest. Doubt she'll be seen alive again. :(

Model who claimed U.S.-Russian collusion tape held in Moscow on prostitution charges

The model, Anastasia Vashukevich, had been deported from Thailand earlier in the day after spending nine months in prison on charges of conspiracy and soliciting prostitution.

She was booked to fly to Minsk, Belarus, but was detained along with three others traveling with her as she changed planes at Moscow’s Sheremetyevo International Airport, according to her husband and another person traveling with her.

No evidence has emerged of the tape that Vashukevich claimed showed contacts between Trump campaign officials and Russians. Her arrest in Moscow was unexpected and blocked her from possibly talking to dozens of journalists waiting for her in the airport’s arrivals zone.

Gregory Kogan, a close friend of Vashukevich, asserted that Russian and Belarusan diplomats in Thailand had pledged the group would be safe if they left for Russia or flew via Moscow.
Alexei Navalny, a Russian anti-corruption activist, last year highlighted Instagram videos from 2016 apparently showing her on a yacht with Russian metals magnate Oleg Deripaska and a Russian deputy prime minister.

Soon after her apparent connection to Deripaska came to light, Vashukevich and several Russians were arrested while conducting what she described as a sex training seminar for Russian tourists in the Thai resort town of Pattaya. In jail, she pleaded for U.S. help, saying she had recordings revealing ties between Russia and Donald Trump.

Deripaska used to work with Trump’s former campaign chairman Paul Manafort. Deripaska has denied wrongdoing.

You just know Trump and the GOP are looking forward to the day they can arrest citizens on trumped up (sic) charges, just like this, even while being filmed, because they can. Shouldn't be long now.

Well then . . .

Trump Ally Lindsey Graham Shows Up In Turkey On Friday After Trump Cancels Nancy Pelosi Trip To Visit Troops

Less than 24 hours after Donald Trump canceled House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s official trip to visit troops in Afghanistan, a trip that Trump himself has yet to make, one of Trump’s top allies in the United States Senate — Judiciary Committee Chair Lindsey Graham of South Carolina — appeared in Turkey on Friday where he was photographed shaking hands with the country’s political strongman President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan, according to the Turkish Andalou Agency news service.

Trump’s order canceling Pelosi’s travel to Afghanistan — a trip that had not been previously announced due to security concerns — came the day after Pelosi postponed Trump’s annual State of the Union address due to the government shutdown, as CNN reported.

I think he got confused again, and meant the USA, which he is devastating the economy of.

Maybe Trump meant he was going to devastate these - he doesn't care must for wildlife or the natural environment after all.

upload_2019-1-18_19-47-36.png

But Graham made a mistake. Easily done.

And even more childish behaviour from the Trump team

Trump campaign sending faux red bricks to Schumer, Pelosi amid border wall fight

President Trump’s re-election campaign said Friday it'll send faux red bricks to the offices of House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer until Democrats agree to fund a border wall.

To raise money for the 2020 race, the Trump campaign is asking donors to chip in $20.20 for each fake brick, which will be sent to the Democratic congressional leaders amid the fight that underlies the extended partial government shutdown.

“Since Chuck and Nancy keep stonewalling the president, we’ll send the wall to them, brick by brick, until they agree to secure the border,” said Brad Parscale, Trump’s campaign manager.

Parscale said the bricks will include facts about “the crime, drugs, and human trafficking that result from open borders.”

The fundraising tactic comes as negotiations between the president and Democrats to reopen the government have deadlocked over the border wall.

brick.png

er... didn't Trump threaten to devastate Turkey's economy only a few days ago?
Grahame started distancing himself from Trump after the Kashoggi murder. He's called for action to be taken against the Saudis and the Crown Prince in particular, so it's not too surprising to see him cuddling up to Erdogan

Fucking Hell. Shouldn't be surprised by this, but Trump actually went out of his way to try and put Pelosi and the delegation (as well as other ordinary passengers on the commercial flight) in danger.

This goes beyond pettiness and spite, to actually trying to get a rivals killed.

(This thread is from Congresswoman Pelosi's Deputy Chief of Staff.)

View attachment 159100

Trump LEAKED travel plans - That's not just idiocy, that's inciting or assisting criminal acts

Beware of upsetting the Trumpists, that's my advice. I'd a guy on my case for well over a year because he reckoned I'd called for PotUS to be assassinated (I didn't). :)

Meanwhile, "major" announcement coming

Trump says he will make a 'major' announcement on Saturday about the border and government shutdown

I wonder if he'll go all 'national emergency' and force the wall.
I'm unsure who'll support him. He has to take the land, and that's not going to be easy. It looks like it might have to come from the military's budget, and they aren't going to like that, and there'll very probably be a lot more legal challenges before a drop of concrete can be laid.

$20.20 for a fucking brick? even one with writing on it?!.... Fair play, that's a proper scam. There are enough angry pricks over there who will happily cough up that much cash for a brick just to 'trigger the libtards'....
:facepalm:

Not even a real brick, but a 'faux' brick whatever that is. I suppose postage on a styrofoam brick is gonna be a fair bit cheaper than an actual brick.

Back
Top Bottom