Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What stupid shit has Biden done today?

Yuwipi Woman

Whack-A-Mole Queen
Well, you know he'll do stupid shit. Very few people voted for him because they were wild about Joe Biden or his policies. Most people voted for him because he isn't Trump. So I figured I'd start early with a "What stupid shit has Biden done today?" thread.

So here's the first thing I'm seeing and not appreciating

President-elect Joe Biden does not want investigations into President Trump after he leaves office to consume and further divide the nation, a new report alleges he privately told advisers.

Citing five people familiar with the discussions, NBC News reported Tuesday morning that the man slated to be the 46th commander-in-chief was wary of some Democrats’ desires to probe the outgoing president once he no longer has legal protections.

Biden reportedly raised concerns that such investigations would only deepen the political divisions in the country at a time when he has publicly argued he has a mandate to unite Americans across party lines.

The president-elect said he was specifically worried about the ongoing federal tax investigations into his predecessor or of the potential for prosecutors to challenge any pardons granted by the outgoing president to members of his staff before leaving office.

One Biden adviser said the president-elect has made it clear that he “just wants to move on” from Trump, while another told the network, “He’s going to be more oriented toward fixing the problems and moving forward than prosecuting them.”

A Biden spokesperson did not immediately respond to The Post’s request for comment on the reports.

While a Biden-led Justice Department can opt against investigating the former commander-in-chief, he has no authority to stop the probes being led by state and other non-federal officials, including by New York state Attorney General Letitia James and Manhattan District Attorney Cyrus Vance Jr.

Obama made the same mistake with the Wall Street insiders who caused the 2008 recession with their unparalleled greed. I don't see the country moving on until all of the corruption we have in our government is dealt with publicly. No more assessing petty fines and moving on. The people need to see that the same laws apply to everyone. We shouldn't stop with Trump, but to look into every nook and cranny to make sure we've rooted out any lingering corruption root and branch. You've going to have a few hard-core Trump loyalist who will never believe it, but in the long run its better to get it out into the open.

Last edited:
Well, you know he'll do stupid shit. Very few people voted for him because they were wild about Joe Biden. Most people voted for him because he isn't Trump.

So here's the first thing I'm seeing and not appreciating

Obama made the same mistake with the Wall Street insiders who caused the 2008 recession with their unparalleled greed. I don't see the country moving on until all of the corruption we have in our government is dealt with publicly. No more assessing petty fines and moving on. The people need to see that the same laws apply to everyone. We shouldn't stop with Trump, but to look into every nook and cranny to make sure we've rooted out any lingering corruption root and branch. You've going to have a few hard-core Trump loyalist who will never believe it, but in the long run its better to get it out into the open.
Of course he won't go after Trump. Turkeys won't vote for Christmas and Trump's just the fattest nastiest Turkey.

Not surprised about the not prosecuting bit but the idea that biden intends to just 'move on' as if trump never happened is really not good news. From here it looks like america needs some sort of major truth and reconciliation effort not to just ignore the issues that led to this whole thing if they want to have any chance of avoiding the non-clown version in a few years time.

Would love to see the bastard in jail, but it will make him a martyr and inflame his base even more. A difficult time for the US.

My worry here is that if all of the garbage isn't dragged out into the light we'll see the same characters pop up in the next Republican administration. I know that Trump was never going to spend a day in prison, but his underlings should walk away from this so toxic that they'll never work another day in government. Steve Mnuchin is one of the players that should have gone on trial after the crash of 2008. If he had, we probably wouldn't have seen him in a cabinet position over the last four years where he could do even more damage.

I know it's a bit late now but he really was the very worst of all the Dem candidates. Plenty of blood on his hands at home and abroad already and he's not even president yet. More sensible press conferences is the only positive thing I can imagine coming out of this. And he has been so hawkish as a senator I really don't see this as good news for the rest of the world.

I know it's a bit late now but he really was the very worst of all the Dem candidates. Plenty of blood on his hands at home and abroad already and he's not even president yet. More sensible press conferences is the only positive thing I can imagine coming out of this. And he has been so hawkish as a senator I really don't see this as good news for the rest of the world.
he'll pick up relations with china in tune with where trump leaves off

Biden will either die or have a disabling stroke within his first two years. Then Kamala will be president and you’ll have to start another thread...

I don't expect much from Biden, but he has to be better than Trump, which isn't really difficult.
This article was in the Independent.

Biden will either die or have a disabling stroke within his first two years. Then Kamala will be president and you’ll have to start another thread...
Even if this doesn't happen, my guess is that the Biden white house will be highly factionalised, as the faculties of the man in the hot seat continue to decline . . . when Reagan was getting visited by Dr. Alzheimer there was still an overarching ideological focus, anticommunism, and everyone in then WH in those days was still on the same page.

As the alpha males and females fight for control in the Biden white house, there won't be the same kind of direction . . .

Even if this doesn't happen, my guess is that the Biden white house will be highly factionalised, as the faculties of the man in the hot seat continue to decline . . . when Reagan was getting visited by Dr. Alzheimer there was still an overarching ideological focus, anticommunism, and everyone in then WH in those days was still on the same page.

As the alpha males and females fight for control in the Biden white house, there won't be the same kind of direction . . .

Spot on. The lack of a vision, a narrative, a way of explaining what is happening that is credible and which resonates - combined with Biden's age and health - means its inevitable.

The Biden transition team has appointed Michael McCabe to its agency review team at the Environmental Protection Agency. McCabe, who served as Biden’s communications and projects director between 1987 and 1995 and as deputy administrator of the EPA at the end of the Clinton administration, led DuPont’s defense of the toxic PFAS chemical PFOA.

McCabe began managing DuPont’s communications with the EPA about the toxic chemical in 2003, two years after he left his job as deputy administrator of the agency, and continued in that role until at least 2006. As The Intercept previously reported, his still fresh relationships with his former colleagues in government came in handy as McCabe skillfully and successfully helped the giant corporation dodge the agency’s efforts to set binding limits on the chemical.

which I saw linked to from Dear Joe Biden: are you kidding me? | Erin Brockovich

It does look like the environment is going to take a particular beating.

Back
Top Bottom