Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Vuelta - Utrecht to Madrid 2022

Well it doesn't look like his biggest rival is 100% fit, and has lost Kuss, so you might have to look to another rider in within ten minutes going on a kamikaze solo attack. Hindley perhaps?

Kuss has been so important to Roglic in the past as he’s set the pace and then Roglic does his mountain top sprint. It was getting as boring as the old Sky train.
However Kuss was of no use this time around as Remco can go into turbo diesel mode and drop him so he can’t pace Roglic.
Quickstep losing Pieter Serry to Covid is a big loss too. He’s such an important engine on the medium mountains.
Of course there’s a long way to go and I’m a bit of a pessimist (years of supporting Man City innit) but I hope Remco makes it.
And, just how impressive was 19 year old Ayuso? Another great attacking rider for the future. Ineos’ Rodriguez looks good too.

Hasnt sivakov also gone?
Trust my bloody luck. Had free time Monday afternoon; a rest day. Yesterday a ITT and today a very average flat stage 😓

Dislocated right shoulder. Not fractured but still very doubtful for World Championships :(
Obviously doesn't have Gee's get up and go but would explain the apparent pain he was going through.
Having broken collar bones about 3 times I think, I've never found them that painfull.
Saw the last K today and its inspired me to catch the highlights. Dickie done good. Was it Roglic who had a nasty fall today?

Obviously doesn't have Gee's get up and go but would explain the apparent pain he was going through.
Having broken collar bones about 3 times I think, I've never found them that painfull.
Saw the last K today and its inspired me to catch the highlights. Dickie done good. Was it Roglic who had a nasty fall today?

But if you dislocate you can also rip or damage tendons, ligaments and muscles. I got my foot smashed when a care ran over it but nothing was broken. Then I broke a foot bone a year later and the pain was way less.
It was Remco that had a slide on a wide downhill. Didn't affect him as he led them up the final climb as if he was going on a Sunday club run.

I don't deny a dislocation is painful and it appears worse than a broken collar bone.
I see it was evenpoel that had a bit of a spill again today.

Either Remco has this is in the bag or it might be like Alaphilippe in the 2019 TdF where he cracks on the final mountain stages. He's still got an impressive gap so perhaps he has enough to get him to Madrid.

There’s some big stages still to come. Plenty chance for him to crack yet, but so far he’s looking good.

Nice win for Pederson yesterday, albeit on a stage that was tailor made for him.

Remco just about averted disaster there, but showing a crack like that means the other teams are going to try and kick lumps out of him tomorrow. It’s tougher than today as well.

Remco just about averted disaster there, but showing a crack like that means the other teams are going to try and kick lumps out of him tomorrow. It’s tougher than today as well.
They will, although Roglic may be drained from today. Ineos could certainly try something, with Tao going on a long one to support Rodriguez.

I think it was Kirby on the highlights yesterday who described this as "the middle weekend", in a three week race.

Not sure why Roglic left it so late today, when he kicked he seemed to have way more in the tank that Remco. 15 seconds, could have been way more.

Not sure why Roglic left it so late today, when he kicked he seemed to have way more in the tank that Remco. 15 seconds, could have been way more.
Because he rarely attacks far out. “No risk no glory” my ass. He’s made a career out of being pulled up mountains by Jumbots and using his incredible kick.

Another very average day today; the only fly in the ointment is all the roundabouts in the last 4k and that's about it. Typical on my day off. Is Mas worth a cheeky outside bet. Remco and Roglic keeping theirs eyes on each other could let Mas slip through?
My bloody rest day today as well 😰

I see quest are not now showing the planned highlights at 7. Does everyone now know what's happened or are some waiting for highlights.

Back
Top Bottom