Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Autumn Rugby Internationals 2022

That test match against the saffa was gripping. I guess the merits of playing murray became clearer as the match went on, good defense and pretty on the ball. It was refreshing to see Ireland play a different game from the one we've seen over the last year.

I see Munster won, that’s a nice coup for them

Big block of games this weekend.

On Saturday it’s Ireland v Fiji at 1pm, with Italy v Australia also at 1pm, 3:15pm sees England v Japan, then 5:30pm brings us for Wales v Argentina, and finally France v South Africa at 8pm.

On Sunday it’s Scotland v New Zealand at 2:15pm

Ireland v Fiji should be a comfortable victory for Andy Farrell’s men, some fringe players are getting caps. Ireland probably feel they’ve done their job already this Autumn having seen off South Africa.

Italy are probably not going to beat Australia but a good performance will see the rest of the six nations take notice.

England will hopefully be more interesting to watch than last week and give a debut to Dave Ribbans, one of the best locks in the premiership. Still playing Itoje out of position, but a faster 8 in Simmonds, 9 in JVP and Jonny May is back on the wing so maybe they’ll have the edge against the brave blossoms.

I reckon Wales might bounce back and win a close match, but they’re playing Rees-Zammit at full back which may backfire. Argentina’s rapid wings will look to turn Alex Cuthbert too.

France v South Africa is probably the most interesting match up - I don’t think this France team have met the Boks since World Cup 2019 and I think France can dominate what is really a limited Springbok team who don’t have a proper fly half.

As for Sundays game the return of Finn Russell at fly half is the talking point. The Scottish team isn’t announced yet but I can see it being much like the Wales v New Zealand game unless Finn puts in a career best performance and the team both give him enough ball to do and finish it off.

Agree with much of what you say, although I don’t think Finn Russell will make much of a difference for the Scotland. He never seems to be on the same wavelength as his team and is therefore prone to unforced errors. And given that Scotland are chasing a passing game it could be a disaster on Sunday.

I’m really looking forward to France Vs SA. I thought France were poor last week, I don’t why Woki was in the second row and I don’t think Ollivant and Aldritt are a good pairing in the back row. DuPont lacked a spark and their centres were not brilliant going forward. I think France relies on DuPont, N’tmack and the glorious Penaud to do the sublime stuff. If they are off their game France still look good just not extraordinary. I wonder if the pressure of hosting the RWC is taking its toll.

SA might have a reaction to being beaten last week. The opening spell was unbelievably physical. I think that was the biggest test Ireland have had in a while.

Fiji playing well. While I’m not sure what kind of control Carbery is offering. As an aside Jamie Heaslip is grating my balls.

Italy were 12 points up with 15 to play… having missed a few kicks… Aussies came back, scored a last minute try but missed the conversion!

Italy are going to take a few scalps in the six nations I think

Give it a couple of hours and it will be on YouTube.

Frustrating Ireland game today. Still some players did well. Thought Deegan was excellent when he came on, while Crowley is much more of an organiser and threat than Carbery. Treadwell is decent but clearly bout 4th Lock. While Timoney faded in the game, I thought Prendergast was much improved on his performance last week. Not convinced by Casey or O’Toole.

Wales are squandering possession and territory so far bendeus must be pulling his hair out. That said they’ve just rolled a line out drive over.

Meanwhile Argentina run it from everywhere

Pivac under pressure now surely

Could Scotland do it? 9 points up, NZ conceding penalties like anything and not scored a point for 50 minutes

The key for me was replacing the halfback. He's not really a starting halfback I don't think. Not sure why he was when you've got a world class halfback sitting there on the bench.

Edit: actually maybe because he was Scottish born and his entire extended family were there? Sentimental reasons? Do the all blacks do sentimentality?

Perenara is much the same actually; not very good at starting matches but good as a finisher

Scotland will be rueing coughing up breakdown penalties on the NZ try line plus Graham being just in touch

Perenara is much the same actually; not very good at starting matches but good as a finisher

Scotland will be rueing coughing up breakdown penalties on the NZ try line plus Graham being just in touch

He starts and finishes games for the Hurricanes pretty decently. He'd probably be first choice in any other side.

Hasn’t really convinced as a starter at international level, similar situation to Danny Care in that he’s preferred as a bench option to provide tempo as opposed to control for which Aaron Smith / Youngs are preferred

Back
Top Bottom