Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Autumn Rugby Internationals 2021

I like to think they are doing an "anti football", where those kids are preened with the latest styles etc.

"Look at Jack Grealish and his hair. Let's do the opposite."

Itoje and Smith are obvious exceptions though. Their hair is excellent

oh don't ruin a rugby thread by bring up Grealish

can you imagine that cunt playing rugby

he'd fall over if someone passed him the ball or even looked at him

Thought England’s debutant Bevan Rodd did quite well. Brave of Eddie to not call up Mako but now is the time to blood new players. We know what Mako can do (look good in the loose and give away scrum penalties).

Thought England’s debutant Bevan Rodd did quite well. Brave of Eddie to not call up Mako but now is the time to blood new players. We know what Mako can do (look good in the loose and give away scrum penalties).

That was him in the scrum cap right? Seemed to pop up all over the shop, fair few carries and yeah, I'm guessing neither Vunipola is making the next WC right?

Yep that was him. Nice offload around 68 mins when attacking up the right. He stayed on quite a long time which is a good sign.

I hope not tbh. Davison (on the bench) can play both sides so I expect he will go for his versatility. At back row we have a wealth of options.

Well I think Doris, Conan, Gibson-Park and Keenan have all played their best ever rugby for Ireland.

That’s how you beat New Zealand. Relentless pressure. Keep scoring, you need approx 30 points. And play out of your skin.
Did you see Doris plough through a kiwi on the 78th minute? Some engine.

For me backing up yesterday with a good win next week would be ideal but being two years from a World Cup is our time to shine isn’t it?

Have to say I think easterby is going a great job in defence, as is o Connell with the pack. I guess we’ve all underestimated how long it would take to keep the best of Joe’s system and merge it with a high speed high risk game.

Really? If I was Welsh, I'd be really bloody concerned about a 15 point margin against 14 men for, what was it, an entire hour?
But I’m not Welsh and it was a great game to watch as a neutral. As to your point, when you live with two Wales supporters that’s a feature not a bug.

I only part watched Wales v Fiji as was pretty tired but at times Fiji had only 13 on the pitch. 14 men can sometimes galvanise and outplay 15, but Wales should have put them away. Their team was weakened but not weak.

Fiji’s coaching team were 11000 miles away and their warm up game was against Spain.

If Wales lose against Australia it will have been a tough autumn. Australia have lost both matches so far; there’s a lot of pressure on Dave Rennie and some talk that his brand of Australian rugby doesn’t work in the northern hemisphere here which seems slightly incongruous to me as he coached Glasgow previously.

gonna miss him a play maker but should be alright

young lads need to start stepping into that role

he is 36 and with a 3 game tour of new zealand next summer best time to try to bed some of them in

the all black are gonna be burtal on that first test

Jack Carty has been called into camp. I certainly had forgotten about him. It seems that he is in excellent form and playing with confidence which is something Joey isn’t doing at Munster.

So I finally watched the Ireland game (had to miss it due to family stuff) what a cracking, cracking match (wasn't quite the same watching a page of text refresh)

Stat of the game - tackles:
Ireland: 96
NZ: 224

Brutal. That has to wear a side down.
Also, Caelan Doris is my new hero, what an immense game. The ex-Kiwi contingent did Ireland proud too, Gibson-Park was a fucking machine, lovely quick ball and bullet passing; and pretty sure Lowe was thinking "who's not good enough now?". That tackle at the end, oh man.

Brilliant advert for the game.

odd results in this round of internationals

south africa were beaten by Australia twice this year

and england struggled against SA

Back
Top Bottom