Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Urban v's the Commentariat

I've no doubt it takes a similar form to the street harassment that's depressingly familiar to the vast majority of young women. Seriously, why this?
Do u really think LP is harassed EVERY time she goes out cos she had dyed her hair? Is Boston so unused to ppl with coloured hair? ? Hardly unusual these days. And why post she's dyed it back if not for more, supposedly unwanted, attention

Who can she mean? People like her? People who read the Guardian?

Or people not like her, poorer, less upper middle class maybe..

Yep. A lot of people 'latently racist'. Not Ellie or her mates though, they're the enlightened few, the 'secular priesthood' (good ol' Chomsky).

Middle aged able bodied heterosexual tall white male if you don't mind.check that out for privilege .
953407124473396141.gif

Do u really think LP is harassed EVERY time she goes out cos she had dyed her hair? Is Boston so unused to ppl with coloured hair? ? Hardly unusual these days. And why post she's dyed it back if not for more, supposedly unwanted, attention
I haven't the faintest Idea, and nor do I think it's something worth speculating about, and certainly not something to attack her about.

We don't have to parse everything she says for ill intent, do we? A society that can produce bullshit like GamerGate is quite capable of producing arseholes who'll catcall a woman for her hairstyle.

Middle aged able bodied heterosexual tall white male if you don't mind.check that out for privilege .

Able bodied. . . for now.

We don't have to parse everything she says for ill intent, do we? A society that can produce bullshit like GamerGate is quite capable of producing arseholes who'll catcall a woman for her hairstyle.

Fair number of gamergate weirdos from the UK as well

Fair number of gamergate weirdos from the UK as well

Quite. On the subject of US weirdoes, when I taught at the "Dumb Blonde School" I had a class featuring a 'horsey set' girl and a goth chick. . . the former had a US passport I remember her telling her gothic colleague that she would, in fact, experience hassle if she walked down the street in the US. . .

Able bodied. . . for now.
Same goes for the middle age as well.

Quite. On the subject of US weirdoes, when I taught at the "Dumb Blonde School" I had a class featuring a 'horsey set' girl and a goth chick. . . the former had a US passport I remember her telling her gothic colleague that she would, in fact, experience hassle if she walked down the street in the US. . .

My American OH says that catcalling is much worse in the US than here. I'm inclined to believe our Laurie on this one.

Is that the same place you made a student cry?

There was a Student Grant strip in Viz which ended with him battered to a bloody pulp ("I took a term of law, and I happen to know that what you are doing is illegal"), but it's not on the net. So you'll just have to use your imaginations.

Back
Top Bottom