Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Urban v's the Commentariat

Quite. On the subject of US weirdoes, when I taught at the "Dumb Blonde School" I had a class featuring a 'horsey set' girl and a goth chick. . . the former had a US passport I remember her telling her gothic colleague that she would, in fact, experience hassle if she walked down the street in the US. . .
Do they not have goths in us? I don't see them very often in uk now, hadn't thought of us. That's if lp's a goth or similar? Idk

I haven't the faintest Idea, and nor do I think it's something worth speculating about, and certainly not something to attack her about.
Maybe if she concentrates more on her hair & less on her role as voice of anarchist revolution she'll stop offending so many ppl. Tho I don't think it went so well for her last time she wrote an article on her hair.

I don't care what she does with her hair, just fed up with another in the long line of posts where lp claims to b victim of extreme circumstances. Maybe I'm being too mean to her, I'm finding her really annoying lately.

You could always unfollow her.

TBH I have to agree with killer b here. And I think it undermines the claims made on this thread that it's all about the politics when every single thing she says is on here to be pointed at.

I don't think being the subject of street harassment is an extreme circumstance particularly. Depressingly mundane, in fact.
I think claiming ur harassed every single time u leave the house cos of ur hair is extreme. No sadly Street harassment isn't rare.

You could always unfollow her.

TBH I have to agree with killer b here. And I think it undermines the claims made on this thread that it's all about the politics when every single thing she says is on here to be pointed at.
I don't follow her, I know her irl & so do lots of my pals. So altho I try to avoid her twitter my tl does get ppl talking about what she posts at times.

I call bullshit RT @PennyRed: @nomez_7 @swafieldst people yelling at me in the street every day, each time I walk between home and work.

This is the tweet sorry I can't embed it properly on this phone
I didn't write the "I call bullshit" bit, that was someone else replying to lp

QuoTE="fogbat, post: 13489084, member: 20505"]Clearly a slight exaggeration for emphasis. I bet it can feel like every fucking time .[/QUOTE]
Dont think its that clear myself.

FFS Its hardly suprising she feels a bit unsafe being subjected to abuse living in a new city halfway round the world from friends and family . Castigating her for expressing those fears through the medium she presumably finds enabling is to my eyes wankerish.

Back
Top Bottom