Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Urban v's the Commentariat

Way to be late to the party, fatboy. That was a week ago. I said my thing, el-rabbitchops exercised his right to reply and all's well that ends well, the thread moves on, the world keeps turning etc. Until cue the arrival of some beardy fat sac whose arrogance won't allow him to consider the possibility that the world could ever keep turning without first hearing his opinion on the issues that six days ago wrapped yesterdays chips. Well it's heard them now so move on, you're only a week late.

It's always good to see the real you peeking out, Frances. :)

Being part of the commentariat bubble, Jones has no idea that the rest of us might want to use pseudonyms on the internet because we might be monitored by bosses. Either because we are posting at work, or because we might have views that they disagree with. Or even that we might want to have a moan about our work.

It's all to do with our not being Oxbridge. We haven't learnt the correct way to "sell" ourselves, scum that we are. :(

Way to be late to the party, fatboy. That was a week ago. <snip> Well it's heard them now so move on, you're only a week late.
Sweetie, do pray forgive VP for having had extremely limited internet access for a week on account of residing with netphobes in an area where radio waves (and mobile phone signals) are blocked.

The last I heard, this was a board, not live chat, therefore replies can be made later than you'd like.

And because we're not monetizing ourselves as brands.

Does that mean you won't be launching a range of butchersapron Butcher's Aprons any time soon ;)

images

So Podemos is hosting an event in London called “Rethinking ourselves: Podemos as a part of a new construction of democracy in Europe”. Ok, cool, great - I think we have a lot to learn from Podemos in this country. So who's invited?

carteleventolondres1-2.jpg

Owen Jones? What? Why is the left flank of neoliberalism in this country and defender of the PSOE's British equivalent speaking at an event like this? If Podemos existed in the UK then OJ would be denouncing them as Anarchists trying to split the anti-Tory vote.

Apparently he told a mate of mine the other day something along the lines of "if I was in Spain I'd be in Podemos cos different historical conditions blah blah blah.

Shouldn't be a surprise - he's said plenty of times if TUSC or LU ever makes a serious breakthrough he'll grace them with his membership dues...

well, you can't really argue with that article. mostly because all he's doing is recognising that it's quite important really. it's an exercise in not saying anything whilst appearing to say something, in true politicians style. have his tweets been criticising the stream of lies and threats coming out of his own party?

It's also an attempt to row back from his not-very-well-received attempt to be the token lefty face of the No campaign.

Apparently he told a mate of mine the other day something along the lines of "if I was in Spain I'd be in Podemos cos different historical conditions blah blah blah.

Shouldn't be a surprise - he's said plenty of times if TUSC or LU ever makes a serious breakthrough he'll grace them with his membership dues...

Owen Jones in "politically-opportunistic" non-shocker!! ;)

It's also an attempt to row back from his not-very-well-received attempt to be the token lefty face of the No campaign.
Forgetting of course that the well-known public commentator in Podemos actually helped found and build it rather than just showing up at the end when it was already successful.

Pathetic. So someone who has regular appearances on the BBC and who is a regular columnist in national newspapers, an Oxford education, an elite social circle and an Eton boyfriend feels like he is an outsider who needs to wait for others to develop a proper decent alternative before he stops faintly paddling against the flow (while making £££) in neoliberal shit creek?

Is this peak Owen Jones?

On Thursday, Scotland's people will decide whether to vote for independence.

How they vote is a matter for them, and them alone. Whether they vote No or Yes, we promise to:

• Boot out David Cameron and the Tories from Number 10. Every time the Tories have won an election since 1955 has been on a lower share than the time before. They haven't won a general election since 1992. They couldn't even win in 2010. This is all down to Scots, English and Welsh people refusing to vote for them in ever greater numbers. We will fight to finish the job and finally defeat the Tories for good, whatever the Scottish people decide.

• Give Labour a kick up the backside. Whether we are Labour supporters who don't think its leaders are doing a good enough job, or people who are fed up with Labour altogether, we do not believe they are offering the inspiring, coherent alternative that we deserve. We will redouble our efforts to hold them to account as long as they fail to do so.

• Build a federal country with a national constitution which devolves powers both to regions and to nations. A new constitutional convention must be convened to democratically decide the new constitution.

• Create a socially just country that breaks with the pro-rich policies of the last generation. A living wage, secure jobs, rights and dignity for working people, affordable homes for all, utilities and services run by the public for the public, real tax justice including an all-out war against tax avoidance, universal free childcare that supports families, the end to devastating social security cuts, a sustainable environment that is defended. A country with no food banks or legal loan sharks. A nation free of prejudice and bigotry.

• Learn from the common, shared, proud traditions of ordinary Scottish, English and Welsh people who - by confronting those with power - won the right to vote, built our welfare state and NHS, won workers' rights, and confronted sexism, racism and homophobia.

• Change the national anthem. The current one sucks.
To achieve these goals, we will organise and protest however we can.

http://www.change.org/p/fellow-citizens-whatever-happens-in-indyref-the-status-quo-must-end

Apparently the meeting was packed.

Back
Top Bottom