Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Ukraine invasion memes and viral content

On Chomsky being wrongsky, posted this to another thread just recently as it's by a Syrian about his poor take on that conflict, but will stick it here as it deserves to be widely read and also touches on Russia's role there: Chomsky Is No Friend of the Syrian Revolution
That's a good one, posted it here last year because it's so relevant to the Ukraine war. Chomsky's not interested in listening to Ukrainians, and I think it's pretty off when people suggest listening to him speaking over people who are directly affected by the wars in Ukraine and Syria.

There is no way the Westminster Abbey carpet choice for the Corrie Nash was accidental. Someone was trolling Putin.

TELEMMGLPICT000334597629_trans_NvBQzQNjv4Bqgw3loNdQnsESclBnw2zx2vqsXeADq7Zg0zkjibYou0Q.jpeg

Was just about to post that with a content trigger warning for TopCat lest it give him a stroke.

They really are shit hot with their meme / social media warfare
What is the intended political effect of this shit hot video in your mind?

What is the intended political effect of this shit hot video in your mind?

I was commenting on the quality of their meme/SM propaganda, not the political soundness of, or necessarily agreeing with, its content.

It's intended effects (I would guess) are to inspire Ukrainians and the resistance, encourage ongoing political and social support for Ukraine, demoralise Russia, keep the invasion and resistance in the public eye, etc etc.

Do you think the Ukraine SM stuff is clever and of high quality (what I was meaning when I said 'shit hot'), poor quality, or something else?

I was commenting on the quality of their meme/SM propaganda, not the political soundness of, or necessarily agreeing with, its content.

It's intended effects (I would guess) are to inspire Ukrainians and the resistance, encourage ongoing political and social support for Ukraine, demoralise Russia, keep the invasion and resistance in the public eye, etc etc.

Do you think the Ukraine SM stuff is clever and of high quality (what I was meaning when I said 'shit hot'), poor quality, or something else?

Did that answer your question then ska invita?

Back
Top Bottom