Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

UK captains of industry have charity night where they sexually assault young female 'hostesses'

Status
Not open for further replies.
And then we get the barrage of stuff on Twitter explaining the rules as if it is an education they need. THEY FUCKING KNEW WHAT THEY WERE DOING!

It's like that Smashy and Nicey or whatever the fuck they were called and their sexist, racist talks they were doing round the country.
If in doubt, claim that the world changed while you weren't looking and it was all innocent.

I can't tell you how common it is. I lost a job once because I refused to serve the coffee with my blouse undone an extra button. It was a holiday job and I was 17. My boss was 42

I don't know a working class woman who doesn't have a story like this. Pubs, cafes, restaurants, hospitality etc do seem to be especially bad; not least because of the often tenuous job security and lack of pastoral care for workers.

Do you remember, albeit vaguely, when in school the teacher would teach all about (and I'm paraphrasing) "Don't be a cunt"?
It would appear that vast swathes of the make population were off sick that day...
I personally remember a lecture from a male teacher about how "when a girl goes bad" it is so much worse than when boys do. I must have been off for the feminist stuff n aw!

I don't know a working class woman who doesn't have a story like this. Pubs, cafes, restaurants, hospitality etc do seem to be especially bad; not least because of the often tenuous job security and lack of pastoral care for workers.

Entertainment, hospitality, catering, security and 'concierge service' type things.
They all seem to have secured get-outs on most of the "not treating people like shit" rules.

Hopefully, hopefully they'll get their comeuppance. But somehow, it won't surprise me if they don't (or most of them anyway)

A few weeks of bad publicity, contrite and contrived apologies etc etc blah blah blah, then onto the next news story.

Oh, and they'll probably be on vacation half way across the world, on some sun-kissed beach which overlooks their villas, to escape the temporary media storm. Then quietly return to face a week or so of mild embarrassment as the story by then has just become another yesterdays news item.

Ideally, though, I hope some of the hostesses will take further action against these vile lumps of skin and legal proceedings will ensue. Fingers crossed for that.

Hopefully, hopefully they'll get their comeuppance. But somehow, it won't surprise me if they don't (or most of them anyway)

A few weeks of bad publicity, contrite and contrived apologies etc etc blah blah blah, then onto the next news story.

Oh, and they'll probably be on vacation half way across the world, on some sun-kissed beach which overlooks their villas, to escape the temporary media storm. Then quietly return to face a week or so of mild embarrassment as the story by then has just become another yesterdays news item.

Ideally, though, I hope some of the hostesses, will take further action against these vile lumps of skin and legal proceedings will ensue. Fingers crossed for that.
i think that while that might have been the case a few months back, it's possible that there will be greater repercussions than you suggest - wouldn't be surprised if peter jones departs dragons den, for instance. and for some of these people it may be their ratner moment.

Well, that covers most of the curriculum until about age 15.
With related clauses eg.

Do what you're told.
Stand in line.
Don't ask the wrong questions.
Don't stand out.
Tolerate boredom until the bell goes.
Demonstrate mandated gender, age and situation-specific behaviours accurately.
Dissemble.

These people will have experienced a somewhat different curriculum to the likes of us.

Haha, quite. What always gets me whenever this sort of thing is reported is the amount of people who scream about how they don't understand the rules anymore and that men are being demonised or put upon. It's as if they think not being a creepy sex pest is a really difficult thing to achieve.

I'm pretty sure if you asked them how they would respond to someone treating their daughter, sisters, mothers or wives like that they'd suggest some sort of violence.

By the way in response to Polly again, most of all I meant SORRY for my utterly shite first post! Just to make that clear :(

I don't think it was utterly shite and my instinct when reading the article was the same as yours (perhaps it would have been nice of me to admit that!), which is why I pointed it out really: so easy to fall into the trap of blaming the first woman who pops up (and she does sound repugnant too).

yeh. if only they could be so easily othered. peter jones, for example, went to state schools.

I'd put money on him being very significantly in the minority there.

But school and then university will be a prime location for the reproduction of this habitus. Sure, this process will continue afterwards and elsewhere, and yeah, those lacking this background will have to learn quickly to try and fit in.

i think that while that might have been the case a few months back, it's possible that there will be greater repercussions than you suggest - wouldn't be surprised if peter jones departs dragons den, for instance. and for some of these people it may be their ratner moment.

I certainly hope you're right. I think a lot depends on if any of the women concerned do press charges. If so, then, yes, the repercussions could be more a lot more serious. Let's hope that is the scenario.

nah, you know whats on and what isn't, its about thinking ones social position allows no comeback. Something regularly demonstrated to be true.

Something made easier by the distance many of them will have been kept from ordinary folk for most of their lives, through privileged education, jobs at the family firm etc. Makes the dehumanising abuse easier. Not like them.

...oh, and they're "othering" themselves. That's kinda the point.
right. which is why you posted
Nah. In their schools they would have been taught the exact opposite...
and
These people will have experienced a somewhat different curriculum to the likes of us.
which seems to me you othering them. in many cases - although, i grant you, it's unlikely to have been most - the curriculum these people will have followed will have been the national one people here did, and the schools they've attended will have been state.

There's now a growing list of organisations saying 'this is deplorable.... we will break all connections with this organisation... however we didn't see anything like that on our table - oh, and we only stayed for about half an hour'. The early to bed myopia of the non-rapey corporatista, eh?

Can we have predictions for the time this afternoon when Walliams give's his fee to (another) charidee? He's a slimely, creepy cunt - and also doing his own version of the 'I was only there for 4 nanoseconds' line - but his PR vassals will be pushing him in that direction. Tax write off as well probably.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom