Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

UK captains of industry have charity night where they sexually assault young female 'hostesses'

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't argue with that. society does seem to be a bit fed up of it, it's pretty tacky imo but so are lot of things. I don't see why it's a problem unless there's some sort of coercion going on. None of this is tackling the actual coercion, other than that a woman can't be groped or whatever if she's simply not there.
you've got groping on the mind. do you get all handsy irl?

It is tackling the coercion. Coercion comes from expectations.
But No-no isn’t talking about coercion as in pressures on women as people, he’s only talking about coercion in terms of things done to their bodies against their will. :(

It is tackling the coercion. Coercion comes from expectations.

Like in Saudi? Did it work there? They've gone further down this path than us. We're a very different culture for sure and other factors might play a part but I don't know if we're that different. Coercion comes from the belief they'll get away with it. Loads of men expect sex and go home sorely disappointed every weekend.

Blimey. Are there still Diet Coke hunks? They are mentioned surprisingly often on this thread...

Got rid of them years ago didn't they. There is still those god awful yogurt adverts but to be honest they imply everyone is a fucking idiot so that's an equality of sorts.

they were 30 yrs old, came back for a 30yr anniversary says google

makes me feel old, I can remember them first being on tele and my pop-eyed uncle raging see! See! bloody sexism! its all right one way eh!

etc etc

how little has changed.

2017 recedes into the distance more quickly than i thought it seems

download.jpg

Like in Saudi? Did it work there? They've gone further down this path than us. We're a very different culture for sure and other factors might play a part but I don't know if we're that different. Coercion comes from the belief they'll get away with it. Loads of men expect sex and go home sorely disappointed every weekend.
Not like in Saudi, no. The opposite, in fact.

When you comprehend why that statement is true, you’ll be well along the path to enlightenment.

societal pressure isn't coercion.
Of course it is. It’s the most successful coercion of all. It’s coercion at source.

It’s like the way the most successful domestic abusers don’t even need to raise a hand. They can do it with a look. They can do it by having already implanted the thought.

Not like in Saudi, no. The opposite, in fact.

When you comprehend why that statement is true, you’ll be well along the path to enlightenment.

Maybe, finding it difficult to see a distinction other than extremity. Because the solution to male coercion is the same, cover up the women.

Maybe, finding it difficult to see a distinction other than extremity. Because the solution to male coercion is the same, cover up the women.
One of the things I fail to understand it why women must be covered because otherwise men would have no self control.

Then explain it.
Because it’s still treating women as nothing but ornaments to the all important men. That’s bad enough in its own right but it also exists in the context of a society in which inequality is already endemic and structural because women struggle to be taken seriously.

The reasons why are all in this thread, repeatedly.

If everybody in the world wore burqas at all times, “grid girls” would be a problem there too.

It’s not the level of clothing that is the problem. The level of clothing is merely a symptom of the problem.
This is better than I could have put it. It is nothing to do with the women, it is to do with the bigger picture. The bikini/burqa in this situation is only a sign that something, somewhere, is very wrong.

Because it’s still treating women as nothing but ornaments to the all important men. That’s bad enough in its own right but it also exists in the context of a society in which inequality is already endemic and structural because women struggle to be taken seriously.
So why shouldn't men be educated in not objectifying women instead of women being forced to cover up? The onus is on men to improve their behaviour, not women to hide.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom