Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

UK can now scan fingerprints in the street and check national and immigration databases

now what bruv?
maxresdefault.jpg

Wasn't this sort of thing always inevitable? How long will it be before those police body-cameras are directly hooked up to online face recognition? It'll all happen eventually...:(

Wasn't this sort of thing always inevitable? How long will it be before those police body-cameras are directly hooked up to online face recognition? It'll all happen eventually...:(
the police cameras also record sound, unless cops are beating the crap out of someone in which case the cameras automatically turn off sound and vision.

Are you serious?
Will you not see a problem with it when they want to biochip you at birth?
Will you not see a problem with it when they bring back internment without trial, because someone looks like they might commit a crime?
How about guilty until proven innocent? Surely only criminals would have a problem with that, eh!
Can't really see a handheld device that does the same as what would be done in a police station ushering in all this tbh.

Can't really see a handheld device that does the same as what would be done in a police station ushering in all this tbh.
it's not quite the same as at a police station

i recall being nicked for breach of the peace some years ago, and on arrival at the station was asked if i wanted to give a dna sample and fingerprints and have my picture taken. i said i didn't want to but i doubted my objection counted for much. to my surprise it's up to you to give permission for this as breach of the peace not a crime.

I think the author of the article has got the wrong end of the stick.

Police (some forces) have had finger scanners connected to mobiles to check a person against a database for at least five years, with experimental and trial ones before that. I.e. does the person with the cop match a database.

The new technology publicised this week is a scanner than can take finger print marks from a scene of crime and compare them to a database. I.e. does the person who touched this object and has now fucked off match a person in the database.

I think the author of the article has got the wrong end of the stick.

Police (some forces) have had finger scanners connected to mobiles to check a person against a database for at least five years, with experimental and trial ones before that. I.e. does the person with the cop match a database.

The new technology publicised this week is a scanner than can take finger print marks from a scene of crime and compare them to a database. I.e. does the person who touched this object and has now fucked off match a person in the database.
does this person who touched this object at some unknown time and in an unknown place match someone in the database.

Back
Top Bottom