Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Transphobes gunning hard for 'paedophilia' angle all of a sudden

Sometimes kids aren't outed to their parents for a very good reason. Like, I dunno, their parents disowning them. I knew of a trans woman at uni who was disowned by her parents when she came out and she wasn't allowed to have contact with her younger siblings.

My school was very homophobic and I'm lucky that my parents were fine with me being bi. If it had got out at school, the little bastards would have made my life hell - i already got flack because other kids suspected I was gay.

I do see a lot of 'Oh, I'm not against trans people, just the activists' but that doesn't wash for me somehow. It's a bit like the 'Nothing against Jews, just the Rothschilds' - either way does harm and aligns with people who do harm.

Most trans activists are 'acting' for trans people to just live their lives in peace free of harassment.
Yeah, live and let live. The trouble is, most trans activists themselves seem to be incapable of following that very same adage.

Most trans activists emphatically demand and expect tolerance for and acceptance of their own trans gender beliefs and advocacy, but seem to be incapable of giving contrary views the same virtue of tolerance and acceptance. They tell others what to think, but can't seem to hack it when others push back and say No.

Yeah, live and let live. The trouble is, most trans activists themselves seem to be incapable of following that very same adage.

Most trans activists emphatically demand and expect tolerance for and acceptance of their own trans gender beliefs and advocacy, but seem to be incapable of giving contrary views the same virtue of tolerance and acceptance. They tell others what to think, but can't seem to hack it when others push back and say No.

Oh, that's what the trouble is?

Fucking hell. Didn't take you long, did it?

:facepalm:

Do they?

What are the anti-trans saying no to? If it was just ‘well no, I see things somewhat differently but it’s not my life so I can’t know’ that might be one thing. But it doesn’t seem to be that - it’s more like ‘no, that/you can’t and shouldn’t be, because I just think it/you can’t and shouldn’t be’. So I can understand why people have a defensive reaction to that when confronted by it.

I think (possibly wrongly) the way to approach it is to take yourself out of the equation. Just hear what people say about their own experience of how they live their life. Or, don’t hear them and just leave them alone. The trouble seems to really kick in when narcissists put themselves and their mis/understandings ahead of what people in that situation are saying...

‘But me, but me. Me me me. This is what I think. No, I know it’s actually you and not me who’s in that situation, but me and my thoughts need another airing, so back to me. This is what I think. I need you to know what I think of the validity of your existence’ - that seems to comprise much or most of the criticism, so it seems unsurprising people don’t welcome it.

It sounds like a living hell. I wouldn’t want to make that worse than it needs to be for anyone by belittling or erasing them.

Last edited:
There's a difference between having a difference of views and objecting to someone endangering you or a group of vulnerable people through spreading lies and vilification. No one has to be polite about that latter.

Also the whole term 'trans activist' is used to make people seem extreme, like their whole life is shouting about trans issues or making unreasonable demands, and people are called it even for making a few supportive media posts. But activist sounds scarier than ally, supporter or 'trans person who just wants to get on with their life, than you very much'.

Do they?

What are they saying no to? If it was just ‘well no, I see things somewhat differently but it’s not my life so I can’t know’ that might be one thing. But it doesn’t seem to be that - it’s more like ‘no, that/you can’t and shouldn’t be, because I just think it/you can’t and shouldn’t be’. So I can understand why people have a defensive reaction to that when confronted by it.

I think (possibly wrongly) the way to approach it is to take yourself out of the equation. Just hear what people say about their own experience of how they live their life. Or, don’t hear them and just leave them alone. The trouble seems to really kick in when narcissists put themselves and their mis/understandings ahead of what people in that situation are saying...

‘But me, but me. Me me me. This is what I think. No, I know it’s actually you and not me who’s in that situation, but me and my thoughts need another airing, so back to me. This is what I think. I need you to know what I think of the validity of your existence’ - that seems to comprise much or most of the criticism, so it seems unsurprising people don’t welcome it.

It sounds like a living hell. I wouldn’t want to make that worse than it needs to be for anyone by belittling or erasing them.
What I talking about is exactly what you're talking about, i.e., " Just hear what other people say about their own experience of how they live their life."

But what trans activists seem to be saying is that in the grand scheme of the gender debate; the only life experience or opinion worth hearing is that of a trans gender individual. That's how it comes across, anyway.

But to answer your question -- other people are saying No to being bullied or "guilted" into accepting, for example, that the only valid view is that of trans activists. If you just so much as say "wait"; all doors are slammed shut on you or worse you'd be up for cancellation, so to speak. I am reminded of the Rye School incident; of high school student in Canada getting suspended voicing contrary views about gender; Dr. Kathleen Stock; J K Rowlings, et al. et al. et al.

Belittling or erasing who?

What I talking about is exactly what you're talking about, i.e., " Just hear what other people say about their own experience of how they live their life."

But what trans activists seem to be saying is that in the grand scheme of the gender debate; the only life experience or opinion worth hearing is that of a trans gender individual. That's how it comes across, anyway.

But to answer your question -- other people are saying No to being bullied or "guilted" into accepting, for example, that the only valid view is that of trans activists. If you just so much as say "wait"; all doors are slammed shut on you or worse you'd be up for cancellation, so to speak. I am reminded of the Rye School incident; of high school student in Canada getting suspended voicing contrary views about gender; Dr. Kathleen Stock; J K Rowlings, et al. et al. et al.

Have Stock or Rowling been cancelled and silenced then?
who needs to hear about the life experience of cis people?? everyone knows about that, cis or not surely?

Looking forward to your erasing from urban.

Again.

There's a difference between having a difference of views and objecting to someone endangering you or a group of vulnerable people through spreading lies and vilification. No one has to be polite about that latter.

Also the whole term 'trans activist' is used to make people seem extreme, like their whole life is shouting about trans issues or making unreasonable demands, and people are called it even for making a few supportive media posts. But activist sounds scarier than ally, supporter or 'trans person who just wants to get on with their life, than you very much'.
But the ones being vilified are those with views different from that of trans gender activists and supporters. It's not the other way around.

uhh, you know the Rye School 'incident' has been shown to be utterly fictitious. The Canadian student was a bully as well. Stock wasn't silenced for her views, but for the way she expressed them. And JK fucking Rowling is still selling flicking millions and having her books made into TV shows. Not really cancelled, is it?

Back
Top Bottom