Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Drag Queen Story Times picketed by protestors who claim that it grooms children and promotes paedophilia

But this thing of drag in front of babies. To me it's harmless but you're attracting fascists to this event who in turn will attract anti-fascists that will oppose the fascists whilst nailing their colours to the mast of the idea. I bet those running the event have never been on any anti-fascist mobilisation ever.
Whether they have or not, surely you're not advocating that people should self-censor their events just in case fascists get upset?

Fuck that.

Struck me as trying to be fair given a few very partial accounts.

It's more that we aren't as good at tactics as the right. I think it is a bad idea to invitie an own goal by hanging a struggle for justice on an individual whilst there's a suspicion they could be a kiddly fiddler.

I struggled with the fight at Hyde Park tbh. Which is what kicked off a pretty bad thread on here. Elderly women being battered for holding views which were being designated as fascist. Wrong on so many levels. Thankfully it's calmed down somewhat since then.
But this thing of drag in front of babies. To me it's harmless but you're attracting fascists to this event who in turn will attract anti-fascists that will oppose the fascists whilst nailing their colours to the mast of the idea. I bet those running the event have never been on any anti-fascist mobilisation ever.
Bloody liberals! Everywhere! Too busy looking after flipping babies to go on anti-fascist demos. :mad:

It's more that we aren't as good at tactics as the right. I think it is a bad idea to invitie an own goal by hanging a struggle for justice on an individual whilst there's a suspicion they could be a kiddly fiddler.

whom would this be?

It's more that we aren't as good at tactics as the right.

Certainly not as good at the memes and piss-takes.
Comes from having some lines that we try not to cross (at least a bit), but they still have the edge.

In this instance, you're talking about a man who was murdered for being visibly gay while walking in the street.

I might have to rescind that like. :hmm:

It is the homophobic cunts who are engaging in culture wars. Women who fancy putting on a fun afternoon out for mothers and their babies are not engaging in culture wars.

Ah, this is baby rave rather than DQST now.
Maybe we need a tag to put on our posts to avoid confusion.

I doubt they'd build on drag queens in libraries. The baby stuff is literally a gift to them because different optics. You and others clapping it along whilst ignoring any potential danger.
'clapping it along' isn't right. I've not said at any point whether I like it or not. Defending their right to put it on yes. I do do that. So should you.

'clapping it along' isn't right. I've not said at any point whether I like it or not. Defending their right to put it on yes. I do do that. So should you.
Ordinarily yes. I'm not sure whether many anti-fascists will want to put their necks on the line over middle-class baby raves with drag dancers but it won't be anybody else.

Ordinarily yes. I'm not sure whether many anti-fascists will want to put their necks on the line over middle-class baby raves with drag dancers but it won't be anybody else.

Antifa will definitely be there.
For one thing, they'll be able to get a lift home with their folks and younger siblings once DQST is over.

I struggled with the fight at Hyde Park tbh. Which is what kicked off a pretty bad thread on here. Elderly women being battered for holding views which were being designated as fascist. Wrong on so many levels. Thankfully it's calmed down somewhat since then.

At the risk of dragging all this up again, 'elderly' and 'battered' are both doing some very heavy lifting here.

Are you saying that there's nothing you could ever see in a Daily Mail report that might make you think 'that's a genuine issue of concern, despite the source'?

Yeah, I know what you mean.

The invasion of illegal immigrants is certainly a genuine issue of concern, isn't it?

And they've definitely got a point about Meghan Markle being an evil manipulative gold digger.

Etc, etc...

Yeah, I know what you mean.

The invasion of illegal immigrants is certainly a genuine issue of concern, isn't it?

And they've definitely got a point about Meghan Markle being an evil manipulative gold digger.

Etc, etc...
Not sure how you can formulate an opinion given you claim you don’t read it.

Very occasionally you come across an online Mail article and most of the readers’ comments underneath are challenging and sound. Always a :eek: Twilight Zone moment that.

Back
Top Bottom