Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

what do the police do all day?

investigating social media arguments by social fuck ups. You know, families death threatenin each other on Facebook .

They did absolutely nothing when I handed them screenshots of a person goading me and insinuating me about SA and telling me I would ‘dig my grandmother up and …… if she wasn’t dead’.

They did fuck all about that.

They seem busy around here doing police stuff like dealing with murders, stabbings and other serious assaults, raiding and closing down 'county line' crack houses, trying to track down missing persons, particularly teenagers.

And, what could be considered more minor stuff like anti-social behavior, gangs of teens shoplifting and assaulting shop workers, problems with street drinkers, including a case of one guy giving another a blowjob in broad daylight right outside a shopping center. They dealt with a complaint I had about being attacked by a dog a few years back, it took a while to reach a conclusion, but they did their job well.

Then there's stuff that shouldn't be their job, but because other services are unable to react quick enough they have no choice but to deal with it, like taking people to hospital because ambulance arrival times are too long, dealing with people with MH issues, 'blues & twos' trips taking blood from Worthing Hospital to Southlands Hospital in Shoreham {my SiL has been on two of those trips} etc.

I've no complaints TBH, and I am not aware of others having complaints locally.

* ETA we have had some big percentage increases in the policing part of our council tax bills over recent years, which I guess helps.

Last edited:
I used to live right next door (on a terrace so very aware of what was going on) to a absolute nightmare of a person, him and his partner would call the police on each other every week, plus then all sorts of other low level trouble he'd get into. At one point I had a cop almost in tears (of frustration) on my/our doorstep trying to explain to this bloke that this was not a sensible way to carry on. In the end the cop arrested him as the bloke kicked off shouting "racist" and all sorts of other stuff at this cop he'd called on his partner.

A nurse I worked with whose husband was a cop left as he said it was endless soul destroying work managing anti-social behaviour and domestics in some areas.
Antisocial behaviour was dealt with by summary justice back in the day.

Stating a fact, not making a point.

They seem busy around here doing police stuff like dealing with murders, stabbings and other serious assaults, raiding and closing down 'county line' crack houses, trying to track down missing persons, particularly teenagers.

And, what could be considered more minor stuff like anti-social behavior, gangs of teens shoplifting and assaulting shop workers, problems with street drinkers, including a case of one guy giving another a blowjob in broad daylight right outside a shopping center. They dealt with a complaint I had about being attacked by a dog a few years back, it took a while to reach a conclusion, but they did their job well.

Then there's stuff that shouldn't be their job, but because other services are unable to react quick enough they have no choice but to deal with it, like taking people to hospital because ambulance arrival times are too long, dealing with people with MH issues, 'blues & twos' trips taking blood from Worthing Hospital to Southlands Hospital in Shoreham {my SiL has been on two of those trips} etc.

* ETA we have had some big percentage increases in the policing part of our council tax bills over recent years, which I guess helps.
I can only assume you don't read the papers eg Vulnerable man who was pepper sprayed twice by 'thug' sergeant speaks of ordeal

jason-momoa-folding-chair.gif

You're not really getting into the spirit of the thread. How long have you been on urban? :hmm:

A small number. Over the past couple of years more than 120 Sussex cops have been found to have committed misconduct. It's not that small a number. Exact number of Sussex Police officers investigated for misconduct since 2020 the devil finds work for idle hands

Whilst any cop being found to have committed misconduct is out of order, it looks like most of those could be considered 'fairly minor', only two were found to have committed misconduct in the 'use of force', over two years, out of a force of around 3,500 real & plastic cops, I reckon that's probably near the bottom of any league table of various police forces across the UK, and especially well below the Met.

I am not defending Sussex Police over these cases, but I am also not going condemn the whole force because of a small number of rotten apples, when the vast majority are doing a good job.

Whilst any cop being found to have committed misconduct is out of order, it looks like most of those could be considered 'fairly minor', only two were found to have committed misconduct in the 'use of force', over two years, out of a force of around 3,500 real & plastic cops, I reckon that's probably near the bottom of any league table of various police forces across the UK, and especially well below the Met.

I am not defending Sussex Police over these cases, but I am also not going condemn the whole force because of a small number of rotten apples, when the vast majority are doing a good job.
Have a think about what ‘rotten apple’ actually means, as well as the fact that those cops who work with bad cops, but tolerate their behaviour because of a code are also bad cops. So it’s the other way round if anything.

You were just saying how ignorant you were of any complaints. Then when you're shown lots of cops have been disciplined you suddenly shift the goal posts about how loads of them are minor, without giving a notion of what you consider minor. There were plenty more complaints than those, I can assure you.

BTW how the fuck do you know the majority are doing a good job? What's your source for that? I think you're pulling that claim out of your fundament

You were just saying how ignorant you were of any complaints. Then when you're shown lots of cops have been disciplined you suddenly shift the goal posts about how loads of them are minor, without giving a notion of what you consider minor. There were plenty more complaints than those, I can assure you.

BTW how the fuck do you know the majority are doing a good job? What's your source for that?
He has faith in the system.

Frankly it is easier to believe in the Christian god, to take that leap of faith, than to have faith in a system which so clearly has no interest in serving the people it purports to
Lots do have one or both faiths. Makes it easier to understand the world despite it being delusional.

I certainly did not, this is just you playing your usual silly games.
BTW how the fuck do you know the majority are doing a good job? What's your source for that? I think you're pulling that claim out of your fundament

Because of the results they have.

For whatever shortfalls they have, I rather they be there keeping the crime rate down locally, than the alternative.

They do that when they are late for their tea break or shift change. :hmm:
I swear I got nicked for drunk and disorderly once for that very reason.

I was "a little wobbly" going home from the pub one night in London. Cop car pulls up. "we've had complaints about a man matching your description etc etc"

all bollocks. the coppers just wanted to pop back to the station for a cuppa. And the bastards let me out just before they would have had to give me breakfast. Bastards.

I'm sure we've all seen the shield and know how bad cops can still get results. The plod who framed the Craigavon 2, the Tottenham 3, the Guildford 4 and the Birmingham 6 all received plaudits for their efforts. The notion that good cops can be discerned for the cases they solve is so obviously arrant wank I'm astonished anyone would have the gall to seriously suggest it

Back
Top Bottom