Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

what do the police do all day?

I deleted my post as I looked at his posting history and decided my comments wouldn't be helpful, so that's why, not running away or avoiding anything.

Honestly fuck this place sometimes.

This is a great thread in the true spirit of Urban, and any old bill on here are probably thick skinned, (or just thick…) enough to peruse it in the spirit it was created in, probably.

But given Sam’s very recent issues on here LDC has done the right thing now they are aware of that . Not sure if some posters just didn’t know , or should know better. I hope the former.

Peace Sam. There is lots of love for you here.

I am cool that people are aware of my mental issues and will make their own assumptions on my posts. I don't take offence if someone doesn't believe or understand it. Even I am confused as to why they are giving me so much attention but I do have an appointment with them next week over a number of issues. Hopefully I might get some answers.

Loads of years ago now, was over having crimble day food etc at in-laws.
Not long after the main meal was finished we had a visitor.
Another in-law relative dropped in "Have we seen any goats matching this description ? poss lost, stolen or strayed ?"
They stopped long enough for a cuppa and to ask neighbours same question ...

I think that LDC was just concerned about savaloysam’s mental health as their posts were clearly coming from a place of paranoid delusions.
If this is a health thing then its different. I sent a huge amount of funding towards this (not mine personally) today and it will not be enough then be argued about wasting more time and money til approved. Whatever helps, helps. I take people at there word
almost (idk how to do emphasis).

If this is a health thing then its different. I sent a huge amount of funding towards this (not mine personally) today and it will not be enough then be argued about wasting more time and money til approved. Whatever helps, helps. I take people at there word
almost (idk how to do emphasis).
What?

I had cops turn up at mine at around 9am on a Sunday morning and say they were calling because they 'heard a noise that could be construed as banging' because a friend/fling who had crashed had gone to the loo and opened and closed my bathroom door.

The fact that my Nasty Neighbour worked in a civilian capacity as an interpreter for the police was probably a factor in that bizarre incident.

Not least because a week or so later when I bumped into a friend who lived a couple of streets away and mentioned the incident to her, she said that was weird, because when she phoned the cops at stupid o'clock in the morning to report a very loud party in her block in the early hours, and explained she'd recently had a heart attack and had been receiving treatment for breast cancer, the cops just fobbed her off and told her to contact the council.

Yet they turned up on my doorstep on a Sunday morning when someone opened and closed my bathroom door.

More generally speaking, stopping and searching black people, stopping black people for 'matching a (Very vague) description, stopping black people for driving nice cars while black, going into schools and arresting kids who should probably just be getting a detention or something. Just generally being all round cunts.

I think that LDC was just concerned about savaloysam’s mental health as their posts were clearly coming from a place of paranoid delusions.
If only all police harassment was just paranoid delusions. I've known people who've found the cops waiting for them on their way home asking them to give them information amd after receiving a brusque refusal contacted them at work, I think I've posted about the time I was asked to be a police informer, and I know of cases similar to that in savoloysam's post.

This is a great thread in the true spirit of Urban, and any old bill on here are probably thick skinned, (or just thick…) enough to peruse it in the spirit it was created in, probably.

But given Sam’s very recent issues on here LDC has done the right thing now they are aware of that . Not sure if some posters just didn’t know , or should know better. I hope the former.

Peace Sam. There is lots of love for you here.

Thanks A380 and everyone else on here for that matter. Due to all this nonsense and it's affect on my mental health I have become a virtual recluse stuck at home most of the time.

This forum has been a brilliant outlet for me. Lots of great posters on here and funny as fuck at times.

Not sure what I would have done without it tbh.

Love to all of you x

I avoid them as much as possible, probably had a dozen interactions in the last 50 years. About half were negative with them being rude and condescending, usually the younger ones.
Most serious was when I worked on the post. My driver and me were held up on a collection round and our van taken. Police were phoned, I expected blue flashing lights, sirens and cop cars screeching in, but nobody came.

A week later I was called to the nick to make a statement. The officer feigned boredom, yawning, and I guessed it was all an act and that they thought we had been involved. I know often these cases are regarded as inside jobs, but I knew they had cctv footage so couldn't understand why they thought that. He wouldn't let me read the statement saying he had written what I had said and I should just sign it. Then I was taken to the squad room as he claimed I needed to be shown the cctv footage there.
He showed me an hours worth of cctv footage speeded up. He kept trying suggest things to me, including where a black man came to the building's door and he tried to get me to say that this might be one of the three men involved. I said it wasn't, it was a uniformed delivery courier. When we got to the end the robbery had not been shown. I asked him to rewind to the time of the robbery.
The robbery wasn't shown. I realised I had been brought to the squad room so the others there could enjoy the sight of me being caught out and admitting the crime. Did they think I was going to say 'OK it's a fair cop, I put my hands up, you've got me bang to rights' ?!
I told him that the cctv had the wrong time on it, that the time on the cctv equipment had probably not been changed over when the clocks went forward and that they should get the footage from an hour before. Not what they were expecting me to say obviously. An older officer behind me, probably the senior officer, jumped up, exclaimed that cctv cameras always had the correct time, and walked out.
I said we had definitely been there at that time, we were there at the same time every day. The investigating officer jumped up and took me out. He was now friendlier and said that the 999 call to police had been logged as at the time we said the robbery occurred. I don't know how they thought we managed to make a 999 call at the time when it wasn't shown on the cctv. It was either incompetence or racism (my driver and I are Asian), or both.
I never heard anything more about it, but my manager told me that he had been sent the footage so they must have found it.

A year later I was walking to the Underground when I saw two of the men involved on the other side of the road. I considered phoning the police but thought there wasn't any point. If they hadn't turned up when the robbery happened, they weren't going to turn up now. A couple of days later I thought I should let them know so I rang the investigating officer. I got his messaging service so I left a message for him. He never got back to me.

This happened about 16 years ago. I know the police are stretched but I would have thought a Royal Mail van being robbed would have got a response. What made it worse was that the same week one of the drivers from my depot was emptying a pillar box when he was approached by two plain clothes police who told him to move his van as he was obstructing traffic. He was a bit of a jobsworth and insisted he had to empty the box. Police backup was called and nine police cars and vans turned up with about 12 officers. He was pinned to the ground, handcuffed and taken to the police station. He was eventually released about 3am after a union rep went to the nick. No charges were brought. Fortunately a Channel 4 News cameraman had happened to be passing and had filmed the incident. The driver was eventually paid an undisclosed amount of damages by the Met - rumoured at work to be £50,000. btw the driver was black.

You guys are all coming across like a cake baked with lots of concern, but then you bite into it and it's full of jobbies, but we put on our best shit eating grin anyway and say "thanks for your concern, comrade" because it's urban.

If only all police harassment was just paranoid delusions. I've known people who've found the cops waiting for them on their way home asking them to give them information amd after receiving a brusque refusal contacted them at work, I think I've posted about the time I was asked to be a police informer, and I know of cases similar to that in savoloysam's post.
You’re adding fuel to the fire. Pretty out of order

Leave it please I don't want everyone falling out over my circumstances. I appreciate some people are concerned maybe for different reasons but please don't argue about it. If anyone wishes they can PM me but for now I think it's best I keep it off forum while certain matters are being sorted.

Fuck knows, I don't follow what they do. Last time I got involved with the cops it all went about as much as I would have expected. I got away with a caution instead of a conviction for cannabis cultivation. Small scale of the grow plus the fact I'm a soft-spoken white lad might have had something to do with that.

Back
Top Bottom