Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The real World Snooker Championship 2020 thread

I must admit my main years of really watching snooker were in the 80s and the Davis/Cliff Thorburn/Big Bill era... and tailed off with Hendry dominance.. I maybe doing him a massive disservice, but I can't recall ever getting very excited about actually watching Hendry play.
I couldn't stand Hendry at the time

He actually seems to have said that he'd move to England (from Scotland) if Labour got in as a protest against a 'tartan tax'that I don't remember the details of. But they always round up a bunch of thick celebrities who don't like paying taxes:

yes I saw that but I'm sure I saw that he'd emigrate because he was such a hardworking man with hours and hours on the practice table. I remember thinking at the time about cleaners who have to spend just as long at work.

That was it. Load of bollocks saying he’d move to England. He was on the Phil Collins boat.

Anyway.

I was quite pleased I picked the same top three shots of the tournament as the pundits, although I think mine might've been in a slightly different order (McGill, Noppon and O'Sullivan).

The seniors has been excellent. A thrilling final so far, Jimmy White vs Ken Doherty.

Any one else watching?

Back
Top Bottom