Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The real World Snooker Championship 2020 thread

Bazza had some serious bad luck there, and didn't really recover, without Robbo playing that well.

There seems to have been a lot of frames this year where the cue ball stays up the top end and they play reds up to baulk.

Kyren's threatening to go three up in the second session with Judd.

O'Sullivan played quite well, but it felt more that Ding's long game lost the match for him, rather than Ronnie outplaying him.

It's in the bag now. Same as the Ding match. Matched him for two and a half sessions and then just accelerated.

And when he's playing like that I can't really begrudge him a post match interview like the one from the other night.

Can he beat an improving Selby though? Track record says no.

I'd have picked Selby before the match started, but his long game was way off in the opening half of the session, similar to Ding near the end. Along with Higgins you'd pick Selby as the best match player, and this is over three sessions.

Does anyone know if Hazel is OK? Normally she'd be the reliable anchor, but Jason Mohammad seems first choice this year.

I wasn't really watching it, because of the Cup final, but Ding looked like he made proper meal of dispatching King.

It was interesting that Hendry described Ding as "in the top two or three break-builders ever". If we presume that O'Sullivan is top, he seems to be ranking Ding alongside himself, which is very heavy praise.

Stephen Hendry never was a braggart though, he just got on with the job.

It was a toss up for him whether he became a snooker player or a golfer, he was very talented at both.

It was fucking cracking, glad I parked my arse for the end of that.

I really like both players, gutted for McGill but Wilson a good winner.

Ronnie actually looks like he doesn't want to lose for once. They're both spot on tbh. I'm a Ronnie fan but couldn't begrudge Selby.

The Wilson shot when he popped it behind the yellow, snookering McGill with the black over the pocket & the only remaining red perilously close to it, was just sublime. & then that red over the middle pocket- I had to pinch myself.

Back
Top Bottom