Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The real World Snooker Championship 2020 thread

In all seriousness, I could have sworn yesterday that the referee called out 'quiet please' at one point. Dunno if it was genuine or if the sound technician had 2 buttons to press- one with applause and this being the other.

Best/only day of snooker I've seen in years- almost as good as O'Sullivan/ Hendry Saturday morning session in the semi final in 1999.

I was there in person for that one though.

Last edited:
Crying at this Ronnie interview
Trolling fucker :D
I enjoyed that interview. The 'not even amateurs' one was less funny.

Selby clearly not amused. If he's right about the mind games bit, that's disappointing. Re smashing the balls to get out of snookers, it normally doesn't work, which is why players don't do it. O'Sullivan did it once in the final frame and fluked a snooker himself. Think Selby has to suck that one up.

For two and a half frames there, wow. Even that final red to win it. He really didn't look like he was going to miss. Most players would have been shitting it.

To be honest, in snooker halls that is looked down upon by anyone who can play, and to be honest I was disgusted by some of Ronnies play too.
The worst was the ridiculous blue he tried that was a foot off the pocket.
I honestly thought he was throwing it because he didn’t fancy the final.
He may prove me wrong.
Again.

To be honest, in snooker halls that is looked down upon by anyone who can play, and to be honest I was disgusted by some of Ronnies play too.
The worst was the ridiculous blue he tried that was a foot off the pocket.
I honestly thought he was throwing it because he didn’t fancy the final.
He may prove me wrong.
Again.
Yeah, you don't just smash everything. It spoils the game. I missed that blue. I joined the match just as he was attempting his second escape to hit the pink. He didn't need snookers and hitting the pink wasn't so difficult, so the slow roll-up was the percentage shot, but he just blasted it. That was odd and did make it look like he'd given up. And it didn't help him - it lost him the frame.

However, he then provided his own counterargument to those of us thinking 'wtf' in the next two frames. Both frames won in one visit following an outrageous opening pot that would have brought critcism if he'd missed. He'd decided to go for everything, and it won him those two frames, so it's hard to argue against that. And they were two of the most extraordinary breaks you could ever wish to see. Even that last frame - his opening straight red was hit absolutely perfectly. You could argue that going for everything had clicked him into gear. He then blasted another escape in the final frame after Selby had laid a masterly snooker, and fluked it safe. I reckon that's the shot Selby was really annoyed by. But tbh the hit and hope wasn't such an outrageous choice of shot there. Then O'Sullivan played a much more controlled escape that fluked the snooker that won him the match. Surely didn't help Selby's mood.

tbh it was Selby's accusation of gamesmanship by moving in the eyeline that most worried me. It's tantamount to cheating to try to put your opponent off. I really hope Selby was wrong about that, and that he picked up on something accidental, as it doesn't strike me as O'Sullivan's style.

Really hope Ronnie does it.
He is head and shoulders the best ever.
Kyren deserves a lot of credit and will, when he settles, will make a game of it.

Can I just say that Dennis Taylor is an absolute ball bag. Whenever he is commenting with Steve Davis, Steve always says interesting stuff about the tables and cloth and how that can affect the game and Taylor always makes fun of him for doing that. I’d rather listen to that any day of the week than the shite you come out with Dennis.

Anyway, come on Ronnie.

Can I just say that Dennis Taylor is an absolute ball bag. Whenever he is commenting with Steve Davis, Steve always says interesting stuff about the tables and cloth and how that can affect the game and Taylor always makes fun of him for doing that. I’d rather listen to that any day of the week than the shite you come out with Dennis.

Anyway, come on Ronnie.
Yeh, Dennis Taylor is as annoying as shit. Steve Davis is ace

Everyone just be thankful that John Virgo got stuck in Spain. ;)

Is that what happened? I hadn't heard them they where he was, so I was wondering if he'd got the bug.

Come on, Kyren; win this session and make a game of it, because O'Sullivan is not at the top of his game.

Is that what happened? I hadn't heard them they where he was, so I was wondering if he'd got the bug.

Come on, Kyren; win this session and make a game of it, because O'Sullivan is not at the top of his game.
Yes, as much as I want Ronnie to win so he can have a chance of taking fucking Hendry's most titles position.. I always wanna see a close match

Out in Spain. Couldn't come back to work without quarantine. Decided to stay in Spain.

I don't actually mind JV too much. Would have been better than Rob Walker.

Um. Bad game manners again not conceding there. I love Ronnie O'Sullivan, but I don't think I like him much. Wilson has turned up at last, though.

Um. Bad game manners again not conceding there. I love Ronnie O'Sullivan, but I don't think I like him much. Wilson has turned up at last, though.
I get what you're saying.. But it's fairly common to carry on to try to get your arm in in such circumstances... Maybe not at this stage of the game, but he is within his rights to do so

Back
Top Bottom