Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The big Brexit thread - news, updates and discussion

That's loads cheaper than in Spain. Eat for Brexit. :thumbs:

In other news the Jersey fishermen now barred from selling their catches in France are not news anymore. Their purpose was served on Thursday getting enraged brexiteers out to vote Tory because the French were revolting. :thumbs:
I went to Deptford market to get something to go with the shellfish. They are getting better Cornish lobster than before and cheaper too.

Let the French go without. They have plenty of
Andouillette.

Tbf it looks much better when it is frozen scampi.

aka Dublin bay prawn which Rick Stein reckons is best in the world.

So the Immigration Service is sending EU Citizens to Detention Centres such as Yarl's Wood for people daring to come here for job interviews

Europeans with job interviews are among those being denied entry and locked up. They have spoken of being subjected to the traumatic and humiliating experience of expulsion, despite Home Office rules that explicitly allow non-visa holders to attend interviews.

When the Guardian first spoke to María on Friday she was at Yarl’s Wood and scared that she had been exposed to Covid. Later that day she was released and ordered to quarantine at her sister’s home in Bexleyheath, near London, until 17 February. Border Force officials kept her passport.

“So much time is being wasted,” she said. “The worst thing was that no one at Yarl’s Wood could tell me what was going to happen. My freedom had been taken away and I couldn’t get legal advice.”

They are being denied consular access or contact and there is a COVID issue at Yarl's Wood which is being denied by officials .

See EU citizens arriving in UK being locked up and expelled for details. This makes me feel ashamed to be British.

Well Sainsbury’s are now selling frozen raw Scottish languestine. Big ones, 10 for approximately seven quid. Never seen them before uncooked in a supermarket. Result!
Sainsbury's have been selling these in their taste the difference range for at least a year if the reviews on their website are anything to go by.

how do you cook your langoustines TopCat? reading through the reviews lots of people who bought them from sainbury's seemed to struggle - I was thinking of picking some up this weekend and don't want to fuck it up

how do you cook your langoustines TopCat? reading through the reviews lots of people who bought them from sainbury's seemed to struggle - I was thinking of picking some up this weekend and don't want to fuck it up
They are not like a big prawn, more like a little lobster with heavier armour.

I blanched mine and cooled them in cold water. Then heated some garlic in a lot of butter and removed it with a slotted spoon before it coloured.

Then take a cleaver and chop them critters in half lengthways.

Heat the butter up fast. Add the languestine and a big handful of chopped parsley, after a minute add some Chablis. Cook on high for two minutes.

Enjoy!

Perplexed.
Those who voted leave knew what they were voting for.
How come those voters have not sorted out what leave means on the land border between the whole of the UK and the EU by now?
I suspect it’s because those voters are cunts.

A united ireland is closer since brexit. Hoey won’t be happy but hey.

I doubt if the people getting caught up in the Brexit-spawned violence are very happy either.

Back
Top Bottom