Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The Ashes 2010/11

I can't judge on that ...on sky he knows exactly what he's talking about - technically and in terms of wider stuff.

I've only come across it from people who follow both channels' coverage online. Someone will say summat on Sky, then Warne will trot out the same view as his own when he's doing his Channel 9 stint. Amused me when I read it, didn't really surprise me :D

You've only mentioned two guys anyway btw, and don't really mind Warne myself. There's alot of insight that gets mentioned through the day. and can be entertaining. I'm not sure what else people expect. I never exactly found the radio commentary brillaintly insightful myself tbh.

Botham is a massive cock and adds about as much insight as Shearer manages to on MOTD. He looks like a fucking bus driver in that short sleeved shirt and is the walking, talking personification of narrow minded middle England.

That's all
What's wrong with bus drivers?

He offers very little but then again neither does Vaughan. Now and again he (botham) does have something to say based on experience or what he's spotted as a bowler. And that stuff is very often spot on, something missed by others.

it has its compensations you know - much more entertaining commentators for starters. I first learnt about cricket from listening to Radio 3 :)

I did too on an old fidelity radio ,many hours spent under the tree in the garden soaking in the sometimes sun

What's wrong with bus drivers?

He offers very little but then again neither does Vaughan. Now and again he does have something to say based on experience or what he's spotted as a bowler. And that stuff is very often spot on, something missed by others.

Don't start me

Yeah, Vaughan's shit n all. Hussain's OK.

Mind you, by all accounts Channel 9 is dreadful. Mark Taylor, Ian Healy & Shane Warne - the full pantheon of cheating Aussies. Tony Greig as well.

I'll live without either :)

I find Vaughan quite off-putting. He's still a back-seat Captain.

Atherton's worth a listen though.

i edited above to say that i meant botham sometimes has something to say not Vaughn.

Atherton is ok, nasser is ok. Lloyd is actually very perceptive under the comedy act.

No moaning willis on sky.

I believe that Alistair Cook has now broken John Edrich's England record for length of time batted in an Ashes series

which aint bad considering he only batted once at Adelaide and Melbourne

I believe that Alistair Cook has now broken John Edrich's England record for length of time batted in an Ashes series

which aint bad considering he only batted once at Adelaide and Melbourne

I've read now that he's actually batted for longer than any other England batsman in any series ever. Wow.

And yet another Cook stat - currently the highest average of any batsman in an Ashes series

Edit: he is now GUARANTEED a series average of over 100

Back
Top Bottom